shape
carat
color
clarity

Floral, Antique, Project, in the works!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Stargurl! I hope it'll be as amazing as I imagine it :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Understood; thanks for taking the time to explain it. Can't wait to see it completed.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1352811190|3305174 said:
Understood; thanks for taking the time to explain it. Can't wait to see it completed.

Happy to explain, it was a good question :))
I can't wait to see it completed either, custom projects take FOR EVER to finish, but hopefully it will be worth the wait!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
erinl|1352737106|3304075 said:
Like Freke and Chrono I have been curious about Anjay and want to see a "real" ring. I even emailed Anjay and suggested that to the vendor!

I was curious too, so I went digging. The only IRL photos I could find were on another forum website weddingbee. I found four, one of them was returned by the buyer, the others seemed happy.

Finding these just made me feel more confidant about my decision to use my home jeweler. Plus I LOVE my precious diamond I found and I would be terrified to ship it to him without feeling 100% confidant.

Nothing against Anjays though, he does seem to have good feedback and a good return policy, plus his CADS are beautiful so I'm grateful for the inspiration.

20120919_142431_2.jpg

_1838.jpg

anjay_designs2.jpg

_50.png

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just a quick update for those of you who may still be following...
No CADS yet, they are delayed for two reasons. One, I've added a few small details: european shank, accent diamonds on the leaves and my husbands first and middle name engraved on the inside of the shank in between the diamonds. And two: the hoildays are a ridiculously busy time of the year, apparently a lot of people propose on Christmas. :cheeky:
I'm a patient person though mostly, (I still can't wait for this long awaited process to be complete) so it's okay, they should have the CADS ready sometime next week, then they'll start on the wax mold. :appl:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So the CADS finally came in...and I don't have them to share :shock: I went into the store to see them on my lunch break and I forgot to ask for emailed copies. I know I know I'm sorry, but they weren't that great to look at anyway. They were so basic it was hard to get an idea of how the real thing will look, but the wax model should be done by Monday so hopefully that will be something worth sharing. So far I am honestly just slightly disappointed with how long it took them to get this far considering it's been four weeks, but I'm sure some of that is my anticipation, plus I am also really impressed with their level of communication, knowledge, and experience. So I guess so far so good. :D

Meanwhile....I found my new matching wedding band. I was considering having a matching one made but that would have put me WAY over budget instead of just a little over budget (plus I bought a new birthstone ring, which should be here soon :love: ) so I didn't want to spend too much. I am very happy though because I found a lovely dainty floral one from LOGR that should go splendidly with my soon to be new engagement ring. Without further adieu, some photos (not the best quality from my phone at night) to tide us over... :appl:

First the stock photo from LOGR (white gold), then my photos (made in rose gold to match my soon to be new ring)

logr.jpg

_2213.jpg

_2214.jpg

_2215.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
P.S. I forgot to mention that after seeing the CADS there were just some small adjustments to be made.
Bring the flowers holding the side stones down just a little for a softer feel, and I decided to do the whole piece in Rose gold, I wan't really liking the green gold and much as I thought I would.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be so exciting for you! And it's going to be stunning!
The new wedding band is so pretty & delicate. It is definitely going to be a very unique and pretty set.

Can't wait to watch it develop :))

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alex Tilley|1354785119|3323918 said:
This is going to be so exciting for you! And it's going to be stunning!
The new wedding band is so pretty & delicate. It is definitely going to be a very unique and pretty set.

Can't wait to watch it develop :))

Thank you Alex :D

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks for posting those photos you found on WeddingBee--- I was curious, too. I had heard of Anjay's Designs before (actually, I think I heard of him on WB too), but I was really surprised by the fact that he had only CADs in his etsy store and at the time I looked, no feedback. It was confusing to me that he didn't have a single example of his workmanship to show. It seems like many people who have chosen him since have been happy with his work, which is great, but it still mystifies me that he has no real photos up. Is that normal?

Anyway, I'm so happy you are finally working on your dream ring! You've chosen a lovely, unique design, and I really hope you're happy with it. Please keep posting updates!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
RissaLou|1354777522|3323896 said:
So the CADS finally came in...and I don't have them to share :shock: I went into the store to see them on my lunch break and I forgot to ask for emailed copies. I know I know I'm sorry, but they weren't that great to look at anyway. They were so basic it was hard to get an idea of how the real thing will look, but the wax model should be done by Monday so hopefully that will be something worth sharing. So far I am honestly just slightly disappointed with how long it took them to get this far considering it's been four weeks, but I'm sure some of that is my anticipation, plus I am also really impressed with their level of communication, knowledge, and experience. So I guess so far so good. :D

Meanwhile....I found my new matching wedding band. I was considering having a matching one made but that would have put me WAY over budget instead of just a little over budget (plus I bought a new birthstone ring, which should be here soon :love: ) so I didn't want to spend too much. I am very happy though because I found a lovely dainty floral one from LOGR that should go splendidly with my soon to be new engagement ring. Without further adieu, some photos (not the best quality from my phone at night) to tide us over... :appl:

First the stock photo from LOGR (white gold), then my photos (made in rose gold to match my soon to be new ring)

The wedding band looks lovely, especially in rose gold.

BUT - it doesn't look like their stock photo. :confused: Did you request a change? On the stock photo the 'leaves and berries' (for want of a better term to use) are very close together, with no visible areas of the ring being the super thin 'vine' by itself. On your finger, they seem fairly spaced out, with the thin vine running some distance by itself. Is it structurally sound? It looks like it could snap fairly easily. :o

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
justginger|1354875953|3325252 said:
RissaLou|1354777522|3323896 said:

The wedding band looks lovely, especially in rose gold.

BUT - it doesn't look like their stock photo. :confused: Did you request a change? On the stock photo the 'leaves and berries' (for want of a better term to use) are very close together, with no visible areas of the ring being the super thin 'vine' by itself. On your finger, they seem fairly spaced out, with the thin vine running some distance by itself. Is it structurally sound? It looks like it could snap fairly easily. :o

Wow your completely right I hadn't even noticed that. They did have to make the ring specifically for me because of my ring size (9.5) and because I wanted it rose gold (which was extra $). It feels very sturdy, it is thin on top but very wide from the side. I hope it doesn't snap :shock:
After looking at it more closely the diamonds Don' t seem to be the same color and clarity as on the listing....should I send it back???

beckweed

Rough_Rock
Your e-ring is going to be beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product.

As for the band, I'd send it back if it were me and either have them make it look like photo w/ better quality diamonds or refund your money.

Chloegal

Rough_Rock
Also perhaps you should get the ering first as the rose gold on both rings might be different and you wont be able to swap the ering as easily.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chloegal|1355311738|3329211 said:
Also perhaps you should get the ering first as the rose gold on both rings might be different and you wont be able to swap the ering as easily.

That's a really good point, I think I am going to wait to see what they look like together. Thanks :))

Plus the way the band is now is kinda growing on me. And I took another look at the diamonds, they aren't as bad as I thought. I think I was just having a freak out moment :shock: :lol:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Finally! I have pictures of the wax model :naughty: :appl:
I had a hard time getting a good image of it, but it looks really good in person.
And the best part is that ETA for final product is before Christmas!!!

_65.png

_66.png

_67.png

lulu

Ideal_Rock
That's going to be stunning-can't wait to see it!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lulu|1355454284|3330834 said:
That's going to be stunning-can't wait to see it!

Thank you! :D :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It looks great so far! Hopefully you get it soon!!! ::)

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! OMG! OMG! SHE'S HERE SHE'S HERE SHE'S HERE!! I have named her Rose :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love:

So I got the call on my way into work that Rose was ready, so I went to pick her up right away. For some reason the jeweler wasn't able to do claw prongs on the center stone, they said it was too much detail for a smaller stone, so I don't know if that's code for we forgot or our jewler's not talented enough, but I'm so excited I don't really care. Everything was done to spec after my many changes. I'm determined to find my "real" camera tonight so I can take some nice glamour shots tomorrow and pair her up with my new wedding band. For now though I'll share some camera phone shots. Without further adeu, Rose's reveal.... :naughty:

_69.png

_70.png

_71.png

_72.png

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A few more...
Also, it's really hard to get nice sparkly shots on this stupid phone, but the center diamond is SO white and clear.

r5.png

r6.png

r7.png

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is absolutely gorgeous!!!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1356310910|3338795 said:
That is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thank you :bigsmile:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Truly stunning!!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! I would love more photos if you don't mind, please, with your wedding ring too? :love:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay I'm out of luck for finding my real camera :((
So the best I could do were some more with my phone. I also had one photo of just the center diamond before it was set that really show's how bright white it faces up.
MY favorite one is the one were they are resting on my doggy's back showing some fire! :lickout:

r8.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

_2571.jpg

_2572.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

_2573.jpg

r6.jpg

r7.jpg

r9.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just love how perfectly my new wedding band and Ering go together. The band just slides right under and sits almost flush, like a little garden on my hand. :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results