shape
carat
color
clarity

Fine quality antique repro. settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who makes the finest quality antique reproduction settings? Thanks! (I am debating between antique and sleek Tiffany....I think I need both!)

I may go custom on the setting as I have a jeweler who uses Eli Jewels out of New Orleans to do gorgeous engraved settings with bead-set diamonds, but I want to be sure I am choosing a style I love the most!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
antique looking setting are popular right now so a lot of the big designers are already making them. Even the guys who do custom i.e. Leon Mege have a antique flare. Do a search on antique websites and you''ll find a bunch to look at. The good ones will repeat. Quest Jewelers made an inspired antique Tiffany ring for me which turned out fabulously and I found the picture here on Pricescope.

Here''s my quest thread

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t mean to highjack, but mrssalvo everytime I see your ring I say to myself.........OMG I love that ring!! It is just gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrsssalvo, your ring is outstanding! I don''t know how I''ll ever decide on a setting! I just love the milgrain. Did you ever get the matching w-ring made?

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Firenze Jewelers has a nice collection of vintage-style engagement rings and mountings: www.firenzejewels.com.

I just purchased (on-line) a Natalie K setting from them and while it hasn''t arrived yet, the people at Firenze Jewelers have been very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I think they have good prices, too!

Good luck and hope this helps!

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
My e-ring is a art deco repro setting in plat. made by Carl Blackburn. All the work is hand done versus molded...he makes gorgeous settings!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks blueroses - I''ve been trying to find that thread! I am coveting one of these delicous vintage settings!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the links and suggestions! This sure is fun looking...but I may never decide!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 12:04:45 PM
Author: Catmom
I don''t mean to highjack, but mrssalvo everytime I see your ring I say to myself.........OMG I love that ring!! It is just gorgeous!

Thanks Catmom...the Quest guys did an amazing job..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 4:02:50 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
mrsssalvo, your ring is outstanding! I don't know how I'll ever decide on a setting! I just love the milgrain. Did you ever get the matching w-ring made?

i never had the matching band made. It's a long story but I no longer have the OEC stone
39.gif
. During the whole ordeal hubby and I decided to go for my upgrade so I that's where all $$ will be going.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hello :)

The original ring that inspired mine and mrssalvo''s rings is shown below. My jeweler in Santa Monica (a literal jewelry nerd and absolute genius) said he could reproduce the exact piece in all its glory without question. Because it was out of my FI''s student (read: poor) budget, we had one made similar with a smaller stone. The original is a Tiffanys ring. A good friend of mine had the jeweler (Todd) make a more modern and sleek setting based off the Tiffany&Co 6-prong ring. The jeweler is Bracken Jewelers in Santa Monica on the Third Street Promenade. I highly recommend them not only for the quality but the fantastic prices. Todd can seriously make anything, and make it better than most other repro''s I''ve seen.

Note: couldn''t upload the pic but you can see them here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/feedback-please-on-euopean-brilliant-in-vintage-tiffany-setting.18468/

Good luck in your search!

ciaobella13

Rough_Rock
My setting came from Fay Cullen. They do beautiful antique repro. work. They have a huge variety of settings too. I also found their customer service to be very kind and helpful.

Here''s the website: www.faycullen.com

Here''s the link to my ring''s original thread: My ring

njc

Brilliant_Rock
You can also try Antique Engagement Rings.com. Several people on here (one recently, although i cant remember who) have bought from Leigh. When i was looking for an ering, i emailed him a couple times and he was always very nice.

ETA: Here is the recent thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results