shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally, my ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
sandra.JPG

0.71/j (with strong blue fluor)/vvs2 Regent from GOG. Jonathan said it has the spread of a typical 1ct princess and it certainly looks bigger than the 0.7ct I tried on at a local B&M. Setting is a Stuller 4-prong Tiffany style mounting 140309H. All other specifications are here.
5.gif

It's white white white face up or down! Sparkles like no diamond I've ever laid eyes on before and I am constantly drawn to looking at it like an addict!!! It looks mighty big on my size 4.5 finger and I hope that diamond shrinkage doesnt set in for the next 20 years!!!!
9.gif

Thank you very much, in no particular order:
1. Jonathan & Marie from GOG for your infinite patience and customer service
16.gif
. GOG's site is really incredibly informative and should be made compulsary reading for all PS newbies before we answer their questions
11.gif
2. Leonid for starting this wonderful forum and all the regular contributors of PS who give freely and readily practically 24/7
2.gif
3. diane5006 for answering all of my inane pm's and simply for being a regent lover + advocate
21.gif
4. My other half, without whom, all this would never have been possible
love.gif
!

Mari

Rough_Rock
Tomatoe

Your ring is gorgeous and you've got beautiful hands to show it off on.

Mari

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!! It looks really gorgeous on your pretty hands.
love.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
love.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring Tomatoe! It really sparkles on you hand! Enjoy wearing it.
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Tomatoe got sparklies!!! What a lovely sparkler you got there!!! YAY GOG!!! you DO have lovely hands! God, I would kill for your skin tone!!!
love.gif

Can you explain the sparkles on your ears? Are those featured in photos on PS, or did I miss that thread!?
eek.gif
cry.gif

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
That ring is sooo pretty! Congrats! If you dont mind, what is you ring size? I'm trying to judge how a .86 will look on my hand (size 6) and if yours looks like a .85 thats pretty darn close! Congratulations again! Any proposal story to go along with it?

Oops! I just saw what I was looking for...Congrats again!
Colleen
love.gif

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Tomatoe!!!!!!!! Beautiful diamond! The flourescence really helps it look very white, doesn't it? And the gold band goes well with your skin tone. Perrrrfect.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Very lovely and definitely a wonderful stone, Tomatoe!!

Best Wishes, and wear it always in love and health!

win

PS I *need* a regent!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, Tomatoe!!
love.gif

Nic, you will have to stand in line. This Red Head Albino has dibs on that skin tone first!!
naughty.gif

Tomatoe, I think we need to form a J's Club!!
2.gif

Congrats on your beautiful ring!!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW Tomatoe it is awesome!! Congratulations!

I was wondering when you were going to get it...since it was determined it was *yours* a while back!
1.gif
It's beautiful and man it does sparkle, gotta love those amazing Regents!! Looks great on your hand too. Congrats gal.

1.gif

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
Congrats that is a very pretty looking stone. It looks bigger than .71 to me. Glad you are so happy with it!
appl.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Simply gorgeous! I am such a big fan of flourescence...it just makes the stone light up!
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

What a lovely choice! It looks stunning.

Congratulations!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Tomatoe, that's just a wonderful stone, but we need closeups! Congratulations on your ring.
10.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Chilling out with Norah Jones's "come away with me" album while taking photos of the ring to put together in a 6-pic collage that I did tonight after reading caratgirl's comment
2.gif

Thanks to all for all your well-wishes
9.gif

Nicrez, Obsessed & PQ: My current skin tone is thanks to, almost, 9 months of swim-teacher training 2 afternoons a week! Imagine getting paid to get a TAN! p.s. Please dont kill me or fight over me, I need to live longer to experience diamond shrinkage and thus achieve my dream of 2-3 cts!!!
naughty.gif

PQ: Heehee, if not for the J colour, we'd never have been able to afford a regent in the size I wanted without having to wait till after the middle of this year
14.gif

Nicrez: The earrings are 0.66tcw, a wedding present 1 1/2 years back, from my wonderful mum bought in a local b&m that didnt rip us of an arm & a leg for it! I hadn't found PS back then and didnt know much about diamonds except that I liked them best when they had the most sparkle, fire, brilliance and caught my eye! It is still uncertified and not appraised but I figured that my eye for sparklies did a very good that day in choosing this particular set of earrings. Maybe one day when I am able to go back to Melbourne, for a holiday or even to live, I'd drop by Cut Nut's store and have them checked out by a pro!
4.gif

Colleen: No proposal story because this ring is an upgrade to my original e-ring from 5 years back, that has been made into a 3-stone ring.

Mara: The confirmation of the purchase was actually cancelled by us in Dec 03 due to financial issues on our part.
15.gif
But we finally worked things out in Feb and I did my part by saving money from Dec for the eventual purchase...!
wacko.gif

LadyJ: It does, doesnt it. I'm just gonna tell people who ask that it's a 0.85ct since thats what the expert Rhino-man, Jonathan, says of the spread!!!
11.gif

collage1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it gal...wear it in great health...the pictues are amazing!
1.gif

Congrats!!! Personally I think things are more special when you have to in a sense help 'earn' them...so this stone for you and your hubby will carry special meaning of sacrifices made!
1.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, it just sparkles, doesn't it? Are just just mesmerized? Trust me, that just doesn't get old soon - I still stare at mine and it's been a year!
10.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With so few regents around, it must have be greta you hold your own
2.gif
Best of luck!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tomatoe,

Your ring is gorgeous and it looks great on your hand. Excellent choice!

Also, love the yellow gold
2.gif
! It's always nice to see another person with yellow gold as without a doubt it looks very complimentary with your skin tone (as it does mine, too).

Michelle

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love the new pictures. They really show off the Regent shape. It's beautiful!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
WOW beautiful ring...love the pics...the setting really shows of the Regent shape...and teh sparkle...wow

Sorry for the delay in posting I have been internet-less for a while

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Tomatoe, I have to say I have visited this post OVER and OVER just to see the Regent!!! I am SO obsessed...it's just beautiful!!! Oh and when you upgrade you should donate the diamond to a local charity. I am willing to live next door, if that is local enough...
2.gif
9.gif

My earrings are also uncerted, and my guy picked them for their sparkle, so I hear ya! Eventually, my gift to me will be either radiants at 1ct or ACAs in 1ct for my big 30, which means I am saving up NOW...

More pictures..I am so greedy!
9.gif
11.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Tomatoe!! I love your new ring! The pics are just AWSOME!

wear it in love & good health~
3.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Nicrez, you're a greedy greedy girl! lol, I will be just as demanding when its your thread. And as for the earrings at 30 yo, a pair of 1/2 ct each sounds very good to me too!
9.gif

Ironically, I day-dreamed about taking tons of pics and posting them here before I actually got the ring but now I dont seem to have an inclination to take more pictures and only do so when someone requests for them.
6.gif

Diane, I am still waiting for more pictures of your ring.... guess you must be very busy with your wedding preparations though
sick.gif

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys the latest collage I've put together
naughty.gif

newcollage.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
tomatoe, those last pictures are my favorites!! Shows of the ring and its beauty on your hand! I LOVE the regent shape! In fact, I have one as well... soon to be given to my soon-to-be fiance. She still has no idea
3.gif

Can I ask your finger size? I love the proportion of finger to stone size! It looks perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results