shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally got my new wedding ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2007 10:33:24 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Poptart, your ring is so beautiful!!! I know you''ll enjoy it!
Thanks! I love it! I have secretly coveted that ring for *quite* a while, so it''s great to finally have it. I often find myself staring at it MORE than my sparkly e-ring, lol.

*M*

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poptart, sorry, I just saw this thread, I don''t know how it''s eluded me this long! Your new wedding band is fabulous, I love VC after seeing Widget''s and LiB''s and now yours...yum, yum!
36.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2007 10:54:11 PM
Author: monarch64
Poptart, sorry, I just saw this thread, I don''t know how it''s eluded me this long! Your new wedding band is fabulous, I love VC after seeing Widget''s and LiB''s and now yours...yum, yum!
36.gif
Thanks! I should have probably named the thread "New Van Craeynest"... oh well!

*M*

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hi Poptart! How have you been?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 12:12:32 AM
Author: Love in Bloom
Hi Poptart! How have you been?
Hehe... I''m good. Tired really. The in-laws are visiting from the homeland so I have been running around with them all week. DH''s birthday is in two days as well, so we''ve been trying to set stuff up behind his back, lol. Still looking for a job (but only half-heartedly with so much going on). I am still staring at my ring too much as well (read: staring at it all the time). How are you doing? When is your wedding... I don''t think I ever read that.

*M*

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 12:18:56 AM
Author: poptart

Hehe... I''m good. Tired really. The in-laws are visiting from the homeland so I have been running around with them all week. DH''s birthday is in two days as well, so we''ve been trying to set stuff up behind his back, lol. Still looking for a job (but only half-heartedly with so much going on). I am still staring at my ring too much as well (read: staring at it all the time). How are you doing? When is your wedding... I don''t think I ever read that.

*M*
Hee hee, do yo feel like a gollum? Yup, I stare too...and because of my obtrusive staring, I run into door knobs, don''t notice when the light turns green at intersections, spend a little too much time at stop signs, etc.
38.gif
. I have been wondering how you have been and wanted to know if you cleaned your graduation present yet. I know my advice sounded overly cautious, but I also understand about wanting to dismiss the gunk!

So that sounds very exciting (your hubby''s birthday
2.gif
) and quite demanding (in-laws are like a full time job
6.gif
). Ya know, looking at your new ring does sound a lot more relaxing than looking for a job
31.gif
, although a new job can be exciting too. It is fun to polish the resume and put yourself out there...although a bit nerve racking at times! At least your hubby is home and can hopefully be supportive in the job hunt. It is always great to not have to go it alone.

Oh yeah, I don''t talk about the impending nuptuals that much here on PS, just sprinkles of info here and there. Honestly? I''m kind of tired of planning although I haven''t really done much organizing lately. I just need to get on the ball. Our wedding is 10/13/2007, and YIKES that is not too far away
23.gif
. Did you plan your wedding yourself? Did you have a big wedding? I was never one of those girls who dreamed of having a big wedding (big by my standards, anyway), and now I fear I have bitten off more than I care to chew!

LOL, thanks for asking. Otherwise I''m doing well, except I''m dying to know how A''s visit to SF went
3.gif
. I forsee a sleepless night in my future...

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I kind of feel like a gollum, yes. My MIL wanted to see it, and as I handed it to her my head went "Don''t give her my PRECCIOUSSS!! She wants my precious, yes she does!!!" Hahahaha. Honestly I have no idea where to start looking for a job. That''s what is stressing me out right now. We can live off his income easily, but we want to save up for a starter home in the near future, so I need to get on the ball. But the family doesn''t leave for another week.

Your wedding is creeping up on you there (just kidding). You have a few more months left. I planned my own wedding from across the country, so that was a lot of fun (not). Then there were problems with his leave for our wedding, so we ended up getting married on the beach by our house with just a few friends. We had the big ceremony a month later with our families in our hometown. I hated planning the wedding, honestly. I much preferred the quick "wedding" we had to put together at the last minute.

Where is Angeline?? She led us on. I feel lied to. Haha.

*M*

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hi Poptart! I hope your hubby''s birthday went well and that your in-laws and the job hunt are not forcing you into gollum-hood
6.gif
. I was just ogling your band again. I''m trying not to drool too much!
3.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Your new w-ring is gorgeous, poptart!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 7:51:48 AM
Hi Poptart! I hope your hubby''s birthday went well and that your in-laws and the job hunt are not forcing you into gollum-hood
6.gif
. I was just ogling your band again. I''m trying not to drool too much!
3.gif
No, I''m not a gollum yet. The family left earlier this week, but unfortunately DH left yesterday for a week. He decided to leave me a parting gift of a bad cold, so that''s fun. And today is our first anniversary! Figures the Navy would steal him away for that. We are planning to do something next weekend though. The birthday went pretty well... he got some great new "toys" that I can play with, too. I just got the internet working again (for the time being) but don''t feel like job hunting today (I''m lazy).

I read that you are thinking about eloping... we didn''t technically elope, but I liked the smaller wedding a lot better than the big ceremony. There was no stress at all, which was great. Good luck with whatever you plan to do!

*M*

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 11:08:35 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Your new w-ring is gorgeous, poptart!
Thanks Kimberly! I like it!

*M*

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Poptart, I love your new wedding band! I live 2 hours from SF, so may need to take a trip one day soon!

Happy anniversary, by the way! I wish you many more years of happiness!

Harleigh

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back Poptart! I have missed you over at the thread Angeline started for us
2.gif
. I''m really sorry to hear about your hubby being gone and, argh, your parting cold
8.gif
. I don''t blame you not wanting to job hunt when you are sick. Are you getting rest and feeling better? Hopefully you will so you can enjoy our anniversary celebration (double congrats on that!
9.gif
). DF and I are still deciding on what to do...
31.gif

Also, a quick question about your wedding band: From the pics it looks like there are dimples in the center of each flower on your band. How deep are they? Are you going to have stones set in them? I was looking and it looks like there are little balls in the center of the stock pics so I was just wondering if that was an option.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 2:05:01 PM
Welcome back Poptart! I have missed you over at the thread Angeline started for us
2.gif
. I''m really sorry to hear about your hubby being gone and, argh, your parting cold
8.gif
. I don''t blame you not wanting to job hunt when you are sick. Are you getting rest and feeling better? Hopefully you will so you can enjoy our anniversary celebration (double congrats on that!
9.gif
31.gif

Also, a quick question about your wedding band: From the pics it looks like there are dimples in the center of each flower on your band. How deep are they? Are you going to have stones set in them? I was looking and it looks like there are little balls in the center of the stock pics so I was just wondering if that was an option.
Oh thanks! Yea I''m feeling better. Or I was... my best friend called and said, "Sweety you sound horrible." So I guess I don''t sound better, lol.

Maybe you could go to a little bed and breakfast for your anniversary?? I always thought romantic drives and walks in the country would be fun anniversary things, too. Mostly because I hate spending money.

As to the wedding band... there are little dips in the center of each flower, but they are miniscule. They aren''t very deep, either. I don''t think it would be possible to put a diamond in it at all. I actually picked this band because it didn''t have diamonds or any stones. I like wedding bands without stones for some reason. But I have a dream of someday owning a 1.5 mm wide diamond band to go with it as an anniversary ring. Not sure how long I''ll have to wait for that!

I need to go look at Angeline''s thread again. It kind of floated right by me.

*M*

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 5:34:46 PM
Author: Harleigh
Poptart, I love your new wedding band! I live 2 hours from SF, so may need to take a trip one day soon!

Happy anniversary, by the way! I wish you many more years of happiness!

Harleigh
Oh thank you! If you are that close to SF, you would not be a TRUE PSer if you didn''t drive over there and look at those rings. Just don''t bring in your wallet because you might try and buy everything. Even looking online I wanted to order all the rings! Thanks for the well wishes too! It''s been a tough year, so hopefully this next one won''t be as stressful.

*M*

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
You''re very welcome! I grew up as a military brat (Air Force), so I can appreciate how hard it can be some days...you are certainly a trooper.

We just ordered my e-ring & wedding bands, so my FF might not go for any VC''s right now, but I might be able to convince my mom or a girlfriend to take a little trip with me down there! My mom loves jewelry just as much as I do, but sadly, none of my friends are into diamonds and jewelry like I am!
29.gif
That''s why I''m so glad I found PS! Yay!

I hope you''re feeling better today! Have a great day!

Harleigh

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 2:05:01 PM
2.gif
. I'm really sorry to hear about your hubby being gone and, argh, your parting cold
8.gif
. I don't blame you not wanting to job hunt when you are sick. Are you getting rest and feeling better? Hopefully you will so you can enjoy our anniversary celebration (double congrats on that!
9.gif
31.gif

LOL, I meant hopefully you will feel better for YOUR anniversary celebration
3.gif
. Duh for me! B&B sounds fun though!

Thanks for the info on your band. I still drool about it
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LiB...thanks for all those great links! I never knew there were so many to choose from! WOW!!!

Harleigh

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 3:05:58 PM
LiB...thanks for all those great links! I never knew there were so many to choose from! WOW!!!

Harleigh
You are welcome Harleigh. Are you talking about the links I listed in Angeline''s thread ? Welcome to the world of Van Craeynest madness
6.gif
9.gif
. Obsession and sparkle aplenty!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 3:03:40 PM
You''re very welcome! I grew up as a military brat (Air Force), so I can appreciate how hard it can be some days...you are certainly a trooper.

We just ordered my e-ring & wedding bands, so my FF might not go for any VC''s right now, but I might be able to convince my mom or a girlfriend to take a little trip with me down there! My mom loves jewelry just as much as I do, but sadly, none of my friends are into diamonds and jewelry like I am!
29.gif

Harleigh
You can always work FF up to a VC band, lol. There are many upcoming anniversaries, so if he''s ever stumped on a present... lol. My friends don''t understand the jewelry thing either. They just point me towards the shiny things and I gush. My best friend is always confused by my love of jewelry. She thinks it''s just metal and stones. Silly girl.

Yea, the military lifestyle is definitely not the one I want, but he''s only got a year and a half left and then I can just move on, which will be nice. He''s hoping to get out a little early for school, too, which would be great.

*M*

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 3:13:03 PM

Date: 7/9/2007 3:05:58 PM

Harleigh
You are welcome Harleigh. Are you talking about the links I listed in Angeline''s thread ? Welcome to the world of Van Craeynest madness
6.gif
9.gif
. Obsession and sparkle aplenty!
Oops...yes, I''m sure it was that thread! I was trying to catch myself up on everything and got carried away by the VC''s! Thanks for sharing!

Harleigh

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 3:16:03 PM
Author: poptart

Date: 7/9/2007 3:03:40 PM

29.gif

Harleigh
You can always work FF up to a VC band, lol. There are many upcoming anniversaries, so if he''s ever stumped on a present... lol. My friends don''t understand the jewelry thing either. They just point me towards the shiny things and I gush. My best friend is always confused by my love of jewelry. She thinks it''s just metal and stones. Silly girl.

Yea, the military lifestyle is definitely not the one I want, but he''s only got a year and a half left and then I can just move on, which will be nice. He''s hoping to get out a little early for school, too, which would be great.

*M*
Yes, I will definitely have to work on the FF. To be honest tho, I thought we might possibly break up over the choosing of an e-ring (he thinks jewelry is useless and too expensive
29.gif
), but I ended up with WAY more than I could have ever hoped for, so I don''t want to push my luck! Maybe a few years down the road...I''ll be able to work my way up to a VC!

I hope your hubby gets out soon...maybe you''ll end up on the West Coast!

Harleigh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results