shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Finally gave in to temptation and got a Trinity de Cartier

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I currently live in a city which has 10 standalone Cartier stores (not counting the ones in department stores, etc) but I hadn't gone inside one for years. It's a wonder I resisted the temptation for so long. But yesterday, I went out to go buy socks (for jogging as my new year's resolution was to exercise more), and on a whim, I walked into the Cartier store that was next to the clothing store where I was going to buy socks. Needless to say, I didn't leave empty-handed! Oops.. I also caved and bought some chocolate too (yeah I know, where is my willpower) but at least this little treat has ZERO calories. :lol:

So here we go:

Very nice bag
bag.jpg

Very nice box
box_4.jpg

It comes with an envelope containing the serial number / authenticity certificate
boxcert.jpg

UNWRAPPED!

Yay!! I've been coveting this for AGES (mostly after seeing Niel's gorgeous trinity ring all the time on PS)
openbox.jpg

Zoomed in
zoom_1.jpg

Group photo with my WF ACA
inbox.jpg

OK NOW A LOT OF HANDSHOTS!!
I'm not normally going to stack it with my ACA ring because it's platinum and obviously this is gold (I don't want them scratching each other) but I couldn't resist taking a few photos of them together.

By itself. I like that it has enough presence to be worn alone..
hand_9.jpg

..yet looks great when stacked with other rings!
stack1.jpg
stack2.jpg
stack3_1.jpg
stack4.jpg

I'm so glad I went to try on the ring in-store because I toyed about buying a preloved one online but I was unsure about the sizing. I originally thought I would get a 54 but then I tried it on and it was a bit small. So I got a 55 and I love it!! For me, having the opportunity to try it on in person at the Cartier boutique and to have all the packaging and cert (not to mention the peace of mind knowing it is a genuine Cartier) was worth the extra cost. (I normally wear ring size 6.5 to 7, and this is a European size 55, SM ring about 2.9mm)

That's it! Thanks for sharing my excitement! :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Finally gave in to temptation and got a Trinity de Carti

No hope re: your will power :rolleyes: :naughty: however, it does go very well with your new WF ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :bigsmile:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You can afford to eat chocolate if you're going to be running with that extra weight on your finger! You'll need it for leg strength :lol:

It's beautiful! And it really suits your hand! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko! I LOVE it on you! Just beautiful and classic and so elegant. Looks great with your gorgeous ring too. :love: :appl:

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium

What a beautiful, classic ring! It look phenomenal with your solitaire. Did you get the running socks?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

Looks like it was made just for your hand! Love the nail color too. And I'm so glad you went to the store and established a relationship with a salesperson! Hopefully you'll be on the mailing list now. :naughty:

How does it fit on your right hand? Would you wear it there?

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock

It's pretty! I want one.

As far as the rings scratching each other - is this only because they are two different metals? Would these styles in the same metal be okay? I chose a platinum CvB Jovyn and would love a trinity with it. But not if they will scratch.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Love it!!! It looks gorgeous with your solitaire! Love the box too!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful match for your ring - looks wonderful!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SO pretty!!!!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:appl: :appl: Congrats on your new shiney! It's just lovely and a truly great piece that brings opportunities for mixing metals because it ties them all together beautifully. Enjoy it & wear it in much happiness!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love your new Trinity ring! Your ACA is gorgeous, too! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

iwantsparkle|1485116236|4118142 said:
It's pretty! I want one.

As far as the rings scratching each other - is this only because they are two different metals? Would these styles in the same metal be okay? I chose a platinum CvB Jovyn and would love a trinity with it. But not if they will scratch.

No, any metals rubbing other metals will result in some scratching. A platinum wedding band rub the doughnut of the e-ring, too. It's super easy to have platinum polished and you generally lose no metal doing so.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats, it looks great both just it & with your existing ring!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mochiko, it looks sooo perfect on you! It's really pretty, such an elegant and refined look :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Loveee your new trinity and I think it looks great with your new ACA!! :love: Wear it in good health!! :appl:

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock

ooooooh la la! I LOVE! I'm a long plane ride away from the closest Cartier and it's probably a good thing! Your new ring is gorgeous!!!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The Trinity is a classic and it looks wonderful on you!! Congratulations!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for indulging me and letting me share my excitement and photos with you, rainwood, grateful4life, ac117, junebug, arkieb, diamondseeker, JocoJenn, motownmama, MGR, laurenk, Platinum Blonde, missy, and dk! :love:

Alex T|1485083752|4117988 said:
You can afford to eat chocolate if you're going to be running with that extra weight on your finger! You'll need it for leg strength :lol:

It's beautiful! And it really suits your hand! :love:

Hahaha I don't know if that's true but I got the chocolate anyway! :lol:

Thanks Alex T :)

starryeyed said:
Looks like it was made just for your hand! Love the nail color too. And I'm so glad you went to the store and established a relationship with a salesperson! Hopefully you'll be on the mailing list now. :naughty:

How does it fit on your right hand? Would you wear it there?

Thanks, starryeyed! For whatever reason it feels a bit looser on my right ring finger than on my left hand ring finger. I did get added to the mailing list as the SA asked if I would be willing to fill out a customer service survey. :)

iwantsparkle said:
It's pretty! I want one.

Diamondseeker is right. Any rings next to each other would scratch no matter what the metal. But I hope to avoid scratching my ering and trinity ring as much as possible (although the nature of the trinity/rolling ring means it is definitely going to get scratched).

Elepig

Rough_Rock

Oh, that's really nice! Love it with your ACA.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42,

You're too funny! A trip for socks results in a beautiful Cartier band! But, of course! :lol:

And you have 10 Cartier stores in your city!?!? Wow! Not sure if that's wonderful or dangerous. :))

Your Cartier ring is lovely and looks great on you! Thanks for sharing photos with us.

Enjoy your beautiful ring!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AS always Marie, your taste is impeccable! the ring is gorgeous.. Congratulations!

:love: :love: :wavey:

EC4me

Rough_Rock

Great minds think alike! A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a Cartier xxs trinity ring to wear as a wedding band because I live in a city with ZERO Cartier stores or boutiques.

Yours looks perfect with your ACA. Congratulations and wear it in good health!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GREAT statement ring! :appl:

Gosh all I bought for my 2017 exercise goal was socks and new sneakers, I am totally slacking. Love that you have a Cartier store next to your sock store. :D

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Fabulous! :love:
Looks great with your e-ring!

I also love that your sock store is next to your Cartier store. :lol:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42,

Congrats on having your beautiful ACA and lovely Cartier as Jewel of the Week! :appl:

Love your rings!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire said:
mochiko42,

Congrats on having your beautiful ACA and lovely Cartier as Jewel of the Week! :appl:

Love your rings!

Thanks december-fire. I have to be good now and be more restrained in my spending! Although I did buy some more socks. :saint:

Stone Hunter said:
GREAT statement ring! :appl:

Gosh all I bought for my 2017 exercise goal was socks and new sneakers, I am totally slacking. Love that you have a Cartier store next to your sock store. :D

I've started going for walks/jogging after work. I hope I can keep it up. I'm not normally the exercising type but so far so good. Good luck with your new year resolution too!

EC4me said:
Great minds think alike! A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a Cartier xxs trinity ring to wear as a wedding band because I live in a city with ZERO Cartier stores or boutiques.

Yours looks perfect with your ACA. Congratulations and wear it in good health!

Thanks! Did you post your XXS ring? I tried it on too but decided to go with the small version instead. Would love to see handshots of your xxs trinity.

Tekate said:
AS always Marie, your taste is impeccable! the ring is gorgeous.. Congratulations!
:love: :love: :wavey:
Thanks so much :) Although PS can be a (dangerous) inspiration at times. I will be slowing down my projects this year.

Elepig said:
Oh, that's really nice! Love it with your ACA.
Thanks Elepig! I've found that I'm wearing the trinity a lot. It's super comfortable!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock

The trinity is perfection with your beautiful solitaire!!! :love: The Trinity is so classic and elegant- one day I will break down and go buy one like you did. ;))

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

It looks beautiful on you. I love it with all of your rings and as a stand alone. So luxe! Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results