color
clarity

Fancy Yellow OEC!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1473519075|4074845 said:
Just... Wow :shock:

I was worried the CADs looked a little 'heavy' but it's turned out beatifully - elegant and striking :sun:

Are you going to name it? I would suggest 'Daisy' due to the yellow centre and white 'petals'! :D

I'm sure the family won't be at all jealous ;-) lol :lol:

Thanks, OoohShiny! Actually, I have named the diamond itself. It's the Sweetie Pie Diamond, so I'll probably just call the ring Sweetie Pie for short. Originally (to my knowledge), it belonged to the great aunt of my great aunt, and everyone called her Sweetie Pie. I don't actually know her real name! I do agree it looks like a daisy, though! CvB said the yellow is more pronounced in person. I can't wait to see it IRL!
I sent these pics and few others to my mom and she joked she wants it back now! Haha! Not. A. Chance.
FYI- the petals are each 2.6mm OECs! So, I went from owning no OECs, to inheriting one and owning 18 more in the setting (plus 2 transitional)! :dance:

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1473515215|4074832 said:
Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous ring! :love: When it comes, please start a new thread because I almost didn't check back in here!

(Incidentally, I noticed that my phone did a weird autocorrect on my first post! The word "overreact" was obviously intended to be "perfect"!)

Thanks, diamondseeker2006! I will 100% be posting a new thread once I get her on my hand! I've already informed (warned?) the hubs that he will be getting dragged on a photoshoot as soon as the ring gets her as my event photographer! He has solemnly accepted this great responsibility. :lol:

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1473343629|4074347 said:
Gosh, it's stunning! I LOVE everything about it from the stone to the setting. You are so lucky to have that as a family stone! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thanks, Catmom! I feel VERY lucky! :) And also very fun-money poor, haha, after shelling out for a fancy pants reset! Alas, I am already dreaming of future projects! :angel: PS has put the custom sparklies hook in me!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to say, I agree with giving a great diamond a great setting. It's worth it. I have a great diamond (the AVR) and the setting just doesn't do it justice. I just need to decide on a new setting!!! If I am fortunate enough to get another diamond, I really would love a yellow in an antique cut! That is just amazing that you had such a perfect family diamond!!!! :appl:

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here's some CvB snaps to hold everyone over until I can get handshots! The band in pic 1 is sadly not mine!
I love the last pic (sideshot) where you can see the yellow color saturation.

For those of you with scrutinizing eyes, you can see her grade-setting inclusion clearly in the second pic. The glimmering kite facet is practically pointing to it! In person, it's not very obvious (especially not from more than 6" away). If I had *bought* this stone, I think it would bother me, but since I inherited it, I have been thinking of it more as part of her character/charm and like a birthmark. I think she's beautiful and special just like she is! :love:

Thanks for all the high praise, everyone! It's very flattering to be receiving such sweet comments, especially from many people whose bling I've admired in my lurker days! :wavey:

14302344_490411991165414_1807495522_n.jpg

14248937_490412971165316_1658712053_n.jpg

14193685_490413494498597_629120306_n.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She outdid herself here. I was worried her design was going to be a bit clunky. But even with a stone that size it's still masterly delicate. Enjoy it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new pics :love:
It's a piece of art!!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1473522913|4074871 said:
I will have to say, I agree with giving a great diamond a great setting. It's worth it. I have a great diamond (the AVR) and the setting just doesn't do it justice. I just need to decide on a new setting!!! If I am fortunate enough to get another diamond, I really would love a yellow in an antique cut! That is just amazing that you had such a perfect family diamond!!!! :appl:

OH, diamondseeker2006, your AVR is TDF and couldn't look bad in any setting! The facet patterning is just gorgeous! :love: But, if you ever decide to reset, I would love to see what you go with!

Yes, for this setting, we decided to "go big or go home"! I'm sure it was also easier for us to rationalize and finance a big setting since we didn't put any money into the stone! We mostly just felt that she had been neglected for so long 1) in that awful old setting and 2) locked away in a safe that it was high time for her to have a fancy new home that would show her off! I think CvB has done a fabulous job!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1473522913|4074871 said:

Oooh! Also, would I be a good PS-er if I wasn't enabling?! JBG has an awesome .81ct fancy yellow on her site that would make a wonderful pendant!
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/under-1-ct/81ct-fancy-yellow-old-european-cut-diamond#.V9Q5l7SrvVo

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw a pic of this beauty on instagram and I DIED. It is just breathtaking. Definitely on my "bling bucket list"! The diamond is perfect in that setting, which is one of my all time favorites. CVB is a true artist!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Maybe my favorite pic! I love the buttery color saturation!

14302432_490704981136115_319508171_n.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness this is a spectacular ring! The setting is just perfect for that gorgeous stone! :love: I'll probably keep saying this every time you post new pics! (Put all these in your Show Me the Bling thread, too, because they are beautiful pics!) That stone is RARE and you absolutely chose the perfect setting! Caysie is pretty amazing! This ring is worthy of being named, for sure!

I adore that yellow OEC on JbG! I am just a little worried about the size, but it is a rare and beautiful stone, too!

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
I came on specifically to say that I saw your STUNNING ring on IG and wanted to congratulate you!!!! :love: :love: :love:

She is a stunner. Please post hand shots ASAP

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1473550918|4074969 said:
My goodness this is a spectacular ring! The setting is just perfect for that gorgeous stone! :love: I'll probably keep saying this every time you post new pics! (Put all these in your Show Me the Bling thread, too, because they are beautiful pics!) That stone is RARE and you absolutely chose the perfect setting! Caysie is pretty amazing! This ring is worthy of being named, for sure!

I adore that yellow OEC on JbG! I am just a little worried about the size, but it is a rare and beautiful stone, too!

I will definitely be putting A LOT of pics in the SMTB thread! I want to show the project progression from start to finish. I think seeing what it looked like when I first got it (the old setting and under 1000 layers of hand lotions) really helps create an appreciation for its transition from an almost literal diamond in the rough to THIS! I'm also debating posting shots of the GIA certificate, as it shows inclusion AND color mapping. I had never seen the color mapping before and found it to be pretty interesting!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Fulvia|1473553676|4074979 said:
I came on specifically to say that I saw your STUNNING ring on IG and wanted to congratulate you!!!! :love: :love: :love:

She is a stunner. Please post hand shots ASAP

Gah! Thanks, Fulvia! I feel like my bling is internet famous, haha! CvB did such a fantastic job! I get like anything would be an improvement from what I started with, but I think it will be awhile before I come to terms with how beautiful she looks now. It's a good kind of shocking! Handshots will come next week with a new SMTB thread. The hubs has already been put on notice that he will be my official photographer for the occasion. Poor guy!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
just absolutely amazing! I saw it on caysie's insta and my heart skipped a beat!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful OEC and ring! Looking forward to hand shots!

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
I bet you'll be thrilled to wear that lovely ring. It is stunning.

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hope it's okay to post this:
If anyone would like to "ooh" and "ahh" along w/ me to a video, see CvB's IG or FB! :shock: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMCh|1473641874|4075345 said:
Hope it's okay to post this:
If anyone would like to "ooh" and "ahh" along w/ me to a video, see CvB's IG or FB! :shock: :love:

It's pretty amazing, in case I haven't said that before! :love: :lol:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's A :love: M :love: A :love: Z :love: I :love: N :love: G :love: :appl:

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IT'S HERE!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!! I can't believe I own this! The first word out of my mouth was "holy"...followed by a rather impolite 2nd word! CvB outdid herself! I am so, so, so pleased! Here's the first few handshots I snapped. I'll post a new thread later after I can compose myself better! And don't worry, the driving snap was at a red light! Now to go stand outside and wave my hand around in the sun for the rest of the day!!!!!!!!!!!

_5776.jpeg

_5777.jpeg

_5778.jpeg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm dead. I died. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Unfreakingbeleivable ring. I adore it on your hand. Congratulations, it is perfect, you made a perfect choice and CVB executed beautifully. Wow. Wow. Wow.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I died too. It's amazing! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOODNESS :sun: :o :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will post my more extensive thoughts on your new thread :lol: , but suffice it to say, this is one of the BEST RINGS EVER!!!! :love: :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: HOLY MOLEY!!!!!!!!!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOLY CRAP!!!!! I think this is up there on the list for best rings on PS!!! Really freakin' amazing!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY that amazing stone and finger coverage....I mean WOWWWZERRRR :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :pray: :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results