shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beckie

Rough_Rock
I would love to have an eternity ring for xmas but i'm not married,engaged or likely to be engaged thanks to the fact that my partner's ex wife treated him badly.

That doesn't stop me from wanting an eternity ring,the other problem is yes i have an 8 year daughter.....from a previous relationship....aaagggghhhhh!!!!
29.gif

Can i still wear an eternity ring do you know or would that be bad karma????
33.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wear a eternity ring on my right hand as a right hand ring; I bought it specifically for that use. Are you planning on buying this ring yourself--I think that is a great idea if that is what you want.

P.S. I don''t understand your the use of the flaming emoticons??????????
33.gif

cheers--Sharon

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Why is it a problem to have an 8 year old daughter from a previous relationship?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I don''t understand the 8 year old daughter comment either?

Anyhow, on your question, I think an eternity band on your right hand would be nice and in no way say you are married or engaged. I bought mine from signed pieces/facets and can''t recommend them high enough. VERY high quality and nice diamonds and honest/great guys to work with.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wearing an eternity band on your right hand would be a fabulous idea! What a great treat for you to endulge in.

Would you be paying for this yourself? You know the best thing about doing that is, regardless of what the future holds, you can always treasure and enjoy that piece of jewelry as an item you bought for yourself! There will not be any relationship attachments to the ring.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 1:18:11 PM
Author: diamonddesignco
Hi,
We sell many eternity rings to women that are even single, and just love the style that buy them for themselves.
Your link doesn''t work b/c your company name is spelled wrong on the exact link. I had to switch around the g & i up at the top of my browser to get it to work.

jayrenay9

Brilliant_Rock
I *think* the emoticon was referring to the past relationship, not the 8 year old -- at least I hope so.

I say wear what you want -- on your right hand.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 1:40:24 PM
Author: jayrenay9
I *think* the emoticon was referring to the past relationship, not the 8 year old -- at least I hope so.

I say wear what you want -- on your right hand.

Hopefully, still seems irrelevant to buying an eternity band though.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
What do you want the ring to symbolize? Do you need him to purchase it?

Are you testing the waters to see if he will make some kind of sacrifice? Maybe it is time for a serious talk about where this relationship is going. I am wary of a guy that blames all his woes on another woman. You deserve better.

Beckie

Rough_Rock
I apologise i didn''t quite come across right.The flaming emoticon was for the fact that they say you should give Eternity rings on either an anniversary or the birth of your first child together.

Well we don''t seem able to celebrate either one of them!

Thanks for all your advice though,i never though of wearing it on my right hand and yes though i would like Him to buy it for me i won''t entirely rule out the option of buying one for myself(hardly romantic though do you think?)

cagey

Rough_Rock
jewelry is what you make of it.....don''t let the ''industry''s'' take on when/what to buy decide your tastes. According to what''s "suppose" to happen, the guy picks out an engagment ring with no input (design OR $) from the woman, and I think that about 90% of PS members can attest to the fact that THAT certianly doesn''t happen!!!

If you want one, buy one for YOU. Don''t worry about what others will think or assume with it.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i just ordered an eternity band from Pearlman''s. it isn''t even close to an anniversary, nor are we having children any time soon. my husband is paying for half, since we like to go dutch on pretty much everything. if you want one, go ahead and get it.

there are plenty of great eternity band vendors online. signed pieces/facets has a strong reputation on PS, and i''m sure a quick search through the archives will give you a better idea of the variety of eternity bands out there. there''s nothing wrong with nudging your partner in that direction.
2.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
At the end of the day, it''s just a ring. It''s a pretty thing that pleases you. If you want one, you should get it! Bling you earn yourself can be just as meaningful as bling lovingly given.

Pearlman''s has at least 2 eternity and one 1/2 eternity in their "close outs" section these days if you''re looking fo r a deal on some sparkly for yourself!

Beckie

Rough_Rock
Thanx for all of your advice and watch this space for what i decide to do.Prob treat myself around xmas time.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I think you should celebrate yourself with an eternity band! One diamond for each year of your child''s life. One diamond for every goal you have set for yourself and achieved. One diamond for being a self-reliant woman. I bet you''d have diamonds left over from an eternity band! I buy jewelry from a local jeweler and we have become friends. She says 90% of women buy their own jewelry. That way they get what they want.

So . . . what eternity band are you thinking of??
1.gif

Nancy

Beckie

Rough_Rock
Not too sure!

Do you think i should have a full Eternity band or just a half band??

I will get my own though,by the time i''ve waited for Steve(my partner)to get me one i''ll be dead and buried!!lol

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want one, you should have one! I agree with buying for yourself and wearing it on your right hand.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
good for you! You will love your ring. I have one from signed pieces and love it.

Regarding full or 1/2, thats a personal decision. If you fingers tend to change size or if your weight fluctuates I would go with 1/2 or even better 3/4 so it has the ability to be sized.

If your fingers don''t change sizes and weight is stable, I would go with eternity.

Beckie

Rough_Rock
Do you think it would be a mortal sin to wear it on my left hand as i already have a ring on my right hand that isn''t tight but i can''t get it off!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 9:15:27 AM
Author: Beckie
Do you think it would be a mortal sin to wear it on my left hand as i already have a ring on my right hand that isn''t tight but i can''t get it off!!!
Nope. Not a sin at all. It''s just a ring. A piece of jewelry. It''s up to you what to wear, which finger to wear it on, etc.

Please get yourself a pretty ring and come back and show us.
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results