shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!
35.gif

I just got engaged this past 4th of July! It was a fun and exciting process of picking out the stone and setting and learning about diamonds. And I''d like thank all you ladies (and gents), you have all been more helpful than you can know! I''ve never seen a more helpful, supportive, friendly group.
1.gif

I had a story in here about how we came about chosing our ring but it doesn''t seem to want to post...so I''ll just cut to the chase. Perhaps I will put it in another post.

I''ve loved looking at all your beautiful diamonds here and it really helped me choose what I wanted. So without further ado here is my beautiful ring (thank you FI!)

1.447 ct
Round H&A
G
VVS2
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
Optical Symmetry:
Setting: D. Vatche Royal Crown Pave
Ring Size: 7.5 (yes i know i have big fingers!!)
Vendor: Good Old Gold (they were fantastic!!! thank you GOG!)

adhandshot4.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful and it looks nice on your hand. More pictures please!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
i LOVE how you can see the arrows in some of the photos... shout out to Ellen who''s avatar I''ve been stalking trying to figure out how to take a similar picture. love it!

adarrows2.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great ring (and size)! It's just gorgeous!!

Congrats on your purchase AND engagement!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
it looks like a great size for your hand. congrats on your engagement!!

i love the contrast of the beautiful big stone with the delicate pave. more details please!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is gorgeous!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, it''s just so gorgeous!
30.gif

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
And one last photo I thought was neat looking. I can really appreciate now how hard it is to take GOOD pictures of rings. I will try again later and be back with more if I can get any. Hopefully I will be back with more pictures of more jewlery...if you know what I mean. hehe...
2.gif

Thank you all for your kind words!

ringshot3.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love the low setting. It''s beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful ring! It looks great on your hand, really compliments you well. The setting is gorgeous. I love the crown detail and the beautiful pave, it''s so soft and beautiful!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
You DO NOT have fat fingers!
6.gif

I love that setting, so classy and that rock is FANTASTIC. Wear it proudly!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2007 4:14:07 PM
Author: April Diamonds
Ellen, Thanks! I LOVE the photo of your ring.
Thank you!

And really, that ring is just beautiful. LOVE it!

As for taking pics, you got some great ones! It takes more practice than anything else (and getting lucky sometimes).
2.gif

LOL at stalking my av!!
9.gif
I put my hand up in front of a west window in late afternoon when the sun was really hitting it. The mini blinds were shut, but there was still a lot of light coming through, so that''s how I got them (and with a little luck too). Arrows show up best with the light source behind the diamond, although you can get them in other lighting situations. Windowsills are another great way to get arrows too.

I look forward to more of your ring!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is absolutely stunning from every angle!!!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/5/2007 4:34:03 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/5/2007 4:14:07 PM
Ellen, Thanks! I LOVE the photo of your ring.
Thank you!

And really, that ring is just beautiful. LOVE it!

As for taking pics, you got some great ones! It takes more practice than anything else (and getting lucky sometimes).
2.gif

LOL at stalking my av!!
9.gif
I put my hand up in front of a west window in late afternoon when the sun was really hitting it. The mini blinds were shut, but there was still a lot of light coming through, so that''s how I got them (and with a little luck too). Arrows show up best with the light source behind the diamond, although you can get them in other lighting situations. Windowsills are another great way to get arrows too.

I look forward to more of your ring!
Yes, I noticed that the light source was coming from the back and all of yesterday I was walking around trying to put my hand up to any light source I could find trying to get the arrows to show for me. I think FI thought I was going crazy. I got the ring in the evening so the only light sources I had were lamps. Too bad I had to come to work today otherwise I''d be home taking pictures!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2007 4:43:50 PM
Yes, I noticed that the light source was coming from the back and all of yesterday I was walking around trying to put my hand up to any light source I could find trying to get the arrows to show for me. I think FI thought I was going crazy. I got the ring in the evening so the only light sources I had were lamps. Too bad I had to come to work today otherwise I''d be home taking pictures!
9.gif
Yes, well, that''s nothing compared to what your neighbors will probably think in a few weeks....
9.gif

Here''s hoping for sunny weather this weekend!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
wow, absolutely love that ring! the profile is perfection!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered who got that beautiful diamond!!! Back when I was looking for an anniversary diamond last year, I was looking in the 1.4-1.5 range, and I prefered around G VS or VVS. I did end up buying from Good Old Gold, but I ended up with a 1.63 because I just couldn''t find one in the just under 1.5 size. So when I saw this stone, I thought it would have definitely been bought by me if it had appeared last year! So I am delighted to see that it found a good home! I love the RC setting, too! Congratulations!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I just love the pave!!! Congrats!!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very nice. It looks incredibly sparkly. Love the diamond and the setting!!
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO PRETTY! I love the view from the side; the setting flows so beautifully!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results