shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Engaged! Pics of TWO engagement rings!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few weeks ago, I received the ring from Yoni of EternitybyYoni.com and my girlfriend loved it-- I posted pictures here. I took the ring away from her, telling her I wanted to give it to her officially in a special way. Since she loved the ring, she wanted me to find the same exact ring for me (we are both females), so I worked with Yoni to have the same ring made. (Well, as same as two diamonds can be)

I proposed to my now-fiancee this past Saturday. I took her to the park where we first met. I had set up 200 flameless candles right after sunset, creating a pathway to the tree where we first kissed. She was really surprised and luckily, said yes!

Well, today, MY ring came. And she's letting me wear it today, before she takes it away and wants to give it to me officially. I guess we are each having our own proposal!

Here is my ring! Specs: 1.7 carat, HCA <2, G, eye-clean SI1, GIA XXX, 60/60 diamond (I like how they look). Her diamond has the same exact specs and is only .12mm larger in spread. Mine is a size 4.5, hers is a 6. Both platinum, 6-prong knife-edge settings.

Right out of the box and onto my hand:
firsthandshot.jpg

It photographs and looks so different from my fiancee's ring. Mine has a clear sparkly depth to it, while hers is icy white and not so glassy. Interesting.
photo_2_107.jpg

Outside:
handoutside.jpg

Both our rings on my finger. Hers is on the top. Hers is a bit out of focus, boo.
2rings.jpg

and of course, I love this: (I'm on the right)
holdinghands.jpg

A special shout-out to Gypsy, who gave me the confidence to build not one, but TWO rings! And thank you to Yoni for another amazing ring!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dangit. I wish I had gotten a manicure before posting. That scab on my hand is lovely too ;-)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy big bling batman!!!! Congrats on your soon-to-be engagement. Try not to get into any accidents while oogling each other's bling in the future!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Too much bling for my retinas to take in in one picture!! Beautiful stones! Congratulations to you and your finacee!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness such classic amazing rings! Congratulations! Will you guys get matching w bands or different ones??

Vampira

Rough_Rock
Super cute proposal story and AMAZING bling! It's so sweet that you got matching rings... do you think you'll get matching bands too? :))

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous sizable stones shown off to perfection in simple solitaires. Interesting to have two stones to compare! Congratulations on your engagement.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! they are both fantastic! I love the matching idea - that's so cool! And the diamonds look like twice the size on each of you!! Congratulations and how special you are each having your own significant proposal - I think that's awesome !!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats they are both really beautiful rings!!!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1409784666|3744329 said:
Goodness such classic amazing rings! Congratulations! Will you guys get matching w bands or different ones??

matching!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2 lovely and classic rings! I :love: them! Congrats on your engagement :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! I love the idea of proposing to each other ::) and the rings, oh my goodness :love:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the knife edge especially with beautiful diamonds, Congrats. Any pics of the proposal with the candles?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful!!! I love your proposal story as well. Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming marriage!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, gorgeous, sparkly, goodness- you two are so lucky! I really enjoyed the story and pics- with the two rings on one finger and with both your hands. Its funny how you say how different the diamonds are with the same specs and everything. Congratulations on your engagement and best wishes!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
First, I think this is amazingly wonderful you both have matching rings, and will each have your own proposal. I wish you both all the happiness.

Second, and forgive the caps WHAT A GORGEOUS SET OF RINGS OMGOSH!!!!!

congrats to both of you! :clap: :love: :bigsmile:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two beautiful rings, congratulations!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1409797418|3744429 said:
Love the knife edge especially with beautiful diamonds, Congrats. Any pics of the proposal with the candles?

I have some photos, but they're not the best due to the lighting (it was post-sunset). I was so nervous and all over the place mentally just trying to get her there to surprise her (had to lie to her, LOL), with our kids in tow and as soon as I saw her family (who set up the candles), I completely forgot to take photos. We do have a few pics, but not sure my fiancee wants her face on the internet. Also, our kids are in some of the photos and I don't really want them on a public message board. That said, here are a couple photos that I can share:

Gives you an idea of the candles, though you can't see "our tree"

path.jpg

don't judge me, but we harmed the tree ;-)

treeinitials.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love :love: a classic solitaire, and TWO classic solitaires is that much better! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results