shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut, White Sapphire, Pics finally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Hey All,
Some may remember my excitement last month as our jewler finally found a EC white sapphire, it took them over 6 months to track one down.. I LOVE IT!
30.gif

In real life it is white white, in these photo's which ere taken under flouresent lights it shimmers purple, which is acctually really nice. Anyways on with the photo's!

ETA:
OOpps forgot the all important stats

Emerald Cut White Sapphire
8.92 x 6.80 x 4.40
Approx. 2.94ct
Colourless
Very Slightly included

On a plat micro pavé band 1.1mm wide, with 24 0.01 pointers diamonds going 3/4 the way around,

IMG_042400000007.jpg

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
side view... still sits alittle high for me... but i''m not giving my ring up anymore! poor thing has already been through to much

IMG_0438000002.jpg

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
This one turned out really dark and purple-y but i love the steps...
30.gif

IMG_0435000004.jpg

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
LAst one! The report! so there is no questioning this post and all the confussion that occured from the last one.
14.gif

IMG_0476000003.jpg

Carrie

Rough_Rock
That is beautiful!!!

Is that a pave setting? I''m thinking of getting my ering and wedding band diamonds reset into pave settings and I love how thin your ring is!!!

Do you mind sharing the spec''s of your setting?

Again, your ring is beautiful!

Carrie

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 7:30:21 PM
Author: ~*Snow*~
LAst one! The report! so there is no questioning this post and all the confussion that occured from the last one.
14.gif
Oooppsss...you posted this at the same time I sent my post ; )

Do you know the width of your band?

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Carrie: Oh thanks i almost forgot! i just added the stats. and yes it it pave.. it''s reaaalllyyy small thought. from far way it looks like mill grain almost.. it''s dainty and cute and absolutly perfect!

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 7:35:21 PM
Author: Carrie

Date: 1/3/2008 7:30:21 PM
14.gif
Oooppsss...you posted this at the same time I sent my post ; )

Do you know the width of your band?
Yuppers, it''s 1.1mm wide... i think it still holds the PS record for the smallest.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! It''s pretty. Do you have handshots?

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Oh the all important hand shot! just took this quick by the computer...
size 4 1/2

IMG_0449000005.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Oh that turned out very nicely! It appears to be beautifully cut.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
another hand shot in better lighting... it''s night time out! i wish i had some sun to take photo''s in

IMG_0489000230001.jpg

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
thank you all!!!
30.gif

I love that it shows up lavander in photo''s but crystal white in real life... i guess it''s just one of those "you need to see it in real life" to appreciate how wonderfull it is...

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it looks beautiful! Gorgeous cut, one of my fav shapes.

I happen to have a white sapphire that I love as well. Currently it is a pearl enhancer but one day I might reset it into an E/W ring...it''s 22x11mm ~ 11cts marquise.

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
WOW. Gorgeous setting, lovely stone, SPECTACULAR ring.

Congratulations!!!!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

--Anne

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
WOW, that's beautiful! I love it! The stone is HUGE and gorgeous, and the workmanship of the setting looks exquisite.
30.gif

This may be a stupid question, but for anyone who has been able to compare a white sapphire to a diamond -- how *different* do they look?

Snow, do people generally think your stone is a diamond?

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Snow,

May I ask if your sapphire is treated in any way? I was looking online at some beautiful ones at the natural sapphire co which are not treated--but they seemed very expensive in the sizes I was looking for. I know very little about sapphires, but I like what I see! Very nice!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunnung ring!

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 8:44:03 PM
Author: Lynn B
WOW, that''s beautiful! I love it! The stone is HUGE and gorgeous, and the workmanship of the setting looks exquisite.
30.gif

This may be a stupid question, but for anyone who has been able to compare a white sapphire to a diamond -- how *different* do they look?

Snow, do people generally think your stone is a diamond?
We viewed so many white sapphires next to diamonds and for the most part the EC held up quiet well. Sapphires aren''t going ot sparkle as much as a diamond, so in a RB they look quite lifeless, but in the EC they most deffinatly hold their own! Also when you compaire 800-1K-carat sapphire to the 1K+ carat sapphire there is a HUGE difference, we went from a cloudy/fog looking sapphire to one that is perfectly clear.. it took a while but finally found one.

As for what people think, well i just got it today so we''ll see! we are telling family and friends that it''s a sapphire, but i''ll deffinatly report back as to what they''re reactions are and what random people are saying too!

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 9:30:42 PM
Author: kellyfish
Snow,

May I ask if your sapphire is treated in any way? I was looking online at some beautiful ones at the natural sapphire co which are not treated--but they seemed very expensive in the sizes I was looking for. I know very little about sapphires, but I like what I see! Very nice!!
It is not treated at all, which was the hardest part! We wanted a white/clear sapphire but it seemed that any sapphire that had a hint of colour got heat treated to increase the colour. The fact that ours shines slightly purple/blue in certain lights it is amazing that iwasn''t sent off to be heat treated and sold as a blue sapphire..

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
It looks so pretty! I love the dainty band on your super small fingers!! I bet YOU are permanently fixated on your finger tonight too, huh! I am anxious to see what you think of your pave band. So far I LOVE mine. Any thoughts on a wedding band for that beauty? I bet whatever you pick will be GORGEOUS!!

bold and dainty

Rough_Rock
This is the look I have been trying to find! You don''t know how happy this makes me feel. I''m getting a 3ct ruby and I love Albi''s setting! I just wanted it toned down a tad. I love your ring. I got so excited I haven''t even read all the replies. Wow! This ring I''ve had in my head for far too long is out there. Okay... I''m gonna finish reading all the good stuff... and probably ask you lot''s of questions. It''s frustrating trying to describe something so simple and not being able to find it. ugh!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 7:29:04 PM
This one turned out really dark and purple-y but i love the steps...
30.gif
I love this picture! It''s very dramatic!

If I didn''t know that was a sapphire, I would think it was a diamond...good job...so pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results