shape
carat
color
clarity

EC''s ..show me some LIFE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
OK, LADIES...can we raise our glasses and toast these new shots please??? Look at the windowsill shot....are there even words??!?!!!!!!!

EC/LIFE AWARD OF THE DAY GOES TO: TBE!!!
In the TRUE spirit of the thread...she went out and shot the INDESCRIBABLE pics above... not just for herself (and her fab new avatar
emwink.gif
)... but to spread the word as to just how fantastic the often-maligned step cut stone can be. She took it on as her mission to show the world what these precious beauties can really do...AND, she pulled off what is often soooo difficult...capture it on film.

Everyone deserves an award, though (PO, those fire pics have helped changed some people''s minds on EC ''life'', I''m sure!)...so I''ll have to come up with something for everyone...
gosh, this is fun!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone''s enjoying this Monday... if you even have a second to look here...remember: it could be a lot worse.
emwink.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Gem - you''re just too sweet for words. Thanks again, for all your extra special attention!! My ego is the size of my office building now! HA!
19.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Hey, T...no thanks needed. I am thanking you for those pictures!
CHIGIRL..would love to see some outside shots of your beauty...
and EL...and IDREAM....well, you get the 'picture'... everyone should take updated shots...with the sun as a spotlight! I think when I finally get my ring...everyone will constantly wonder, "Hey, why does she stand near the window all the time?!"
emwink.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t even see your latest post, but today I was sitting in the living room checking up on my favorite website, and I thought "OMG, Gem needs to see this!!"

So I ran upstairs and got my camera -- I am sooo sorry if this winds up being too many pics, but I''m hoping you''ll enjoy!

The first one is the prism effect - remember how I said ECs give you really big chunks of rainbow? Here''s one just for PS :)

pricescopebow1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And...these next ones that follow, I really do need to preface by saying my ring is uber dirty. It hasn''t been cleaned since last Thurs and I write with chalkboards when I teach, so it''s absolutely disgusting right now - and STILL it''s giving off lots of life!!

psshimmerelmort.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Bigger..

biggersparkles.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
still more...

dirtyringstillsparkles2.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Last one! Thanks for starting this thread Gem - your excitement about ECs is completely addictive and makes me smile every time I see this thread. :)

OH - and I don't think I ever posted it, but my ring's thread is

here - it's a baby by PS standards (I might have the smallest EC on PS..wahoo!!), but I love her as much as you're going to love yours!!!

elmortonwowza.jpg

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
What''s the weather in your area today? It must''ve been rainy and sunny in EL''s neighborhood ''cuz did you see THAT RAINBOW!!!
emsmilep.gif

EL...THESE PICS ARE PRICELESS and show the uniqueness of steps and what they can do. And, there are never too many pics here..you know better than that!!!!!
OK, EL...you get another EC/LIFE SPIRIT AWARD...
emwink.gif

Just the fact that you were thinking of the thread during everyday life makes me smile.
EC''s have a LIFE of their own 24/7 ....and these pics are showing everyone...
(BTW...That''s a lotta life for something covered in chalk dust ..LOL.)

Looking at your pics makes me think that having a step cut is sorta like having a playmate and friend with you all the time...you never know what it''s going to do...or what it''s going to reveal

And...just for the record...there are no babies here...just equally exquisite EC''s of all sizes that bring unsurpassed joy to their owners...
LOVE YOUR RING....THANKS so much for the new pics....the rainbows are kickin''!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
btw, EL...just checked out your ring thread...love your whole set...it looks so great together.
And, I''m thrilled to see it''s a G...it looks spectacular...I like seeing a range of clarity and color to get ideas of what things look like...yours is fab!!!!
thanks for the link!!!!!!!!!!!!
(My ultimate goal: reassemble everything EC related here one little post at a time so as people search now and in the future, it''ll be as close to "one stop shopping" as possible. I''m lazy, can you tell??!!
emsmile.gif
)

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Sorry if it seems like I''m talking too much with so many posts in a row...something just hit me.
Just wanted to say, I''d love to see more pics...maybe outside ones or natural light ones... from UCLA and DANI (where''re your pics here?!
emteeth.gif
) and ZHU and NEL. (so many others are great outdoor/sunny shots...thanks for all of them....)

Samii....question for you: do you find the life of yours is different BECAUSE of the unique Crisscut??? Does it perform a lot differently than a traditional EC?

NEBE...A HUGE APOLOGY that I never thanked you for posting the asschers from YOUTUBE...that was soooo great of you. I think I must''ve been blinded by PO''s pics right below yours and I got sidetracked. THANKS so much....

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Gem,thanks for starting this thread, it is really nice to see all the ECs in one place! I promise to take pictures for you when I get the new setting
2.gif

Chicagogirl, your ring is so very classic and elegant!
Samii, I really love your ring, I don''t think I''ve ever commented on it but wow it''s really beautiful and unusual!
Elmorton,love the pics! I think your set is beautiful.
Tberube, I saw your new thread and your pictures are awesome! I especially like the one you have as your avatar! You can really see how clean and brilliant your stone is! and wow! Blu''s ring is amazing!! Sigh......
4.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Mimzy! I can''t believe I forgot to mention your ring...I really really love your ring! I think it''s beautiful....

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Gem, muchas gracias for the compliments, mi amigo! The sun hasn''t been out here in AAAAGES (I heart the midwest...), so when I looked down and saw the rainbows, I think my heart skipped a beat! I''m glad you liked the photo shoot.

It''s sooo true that ECs needed a better place to hang out on PS - thank you for starting it!! When I first started lurking on PS, I was constantly on the hunt to see new ECs - and then it was a million times worse when I wanted to see ECs with their wedding bands! And I agree that Zhu and Tacori need to come join our party... both have ECs that took my breath away the first time I saw them! There are a few other stunning ECs that have yet to join us also...y''all know who you are....

Thanks, IdreamofIce! I love your ring as well! I can''t tell you how many times I went back and forth between the setting I have and a sleek cathedral setting! At least I have PS to ogle what might have been - it''s lovely!
2.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
IDREAM... no thanks needed... it was purely selfish on my part
emwink.gif
...I wanted to aggregate all the EC''s to make it easier to see all the step cut beauties that haven''t gotten much attention around here lately... and I''ll hold you to that promise of new pics when that heavenly halo comes in!!

EL... can''t imagine what rainbows you''d get in FULL SUNSHINE!!! Summer''s comin''....which means we''ll have to do a summer photo shoot for everyone...ha!!!!!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
BTW, EL... you bring up a good point that it is more difficult for EC-ers to match up the perfect wband....the shape can make it tough...and I''m so glad we''re getting to hone in on some sets here...
there''s gotta be more hanging around here somewhere...let''s go find them and drag ''em over here...
emsmile.gif

Even if you know of more sets from past threads, post the pics here and maybe the owners will follow...LOL

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A FABULOUS TUESDAY...and that everyone got their taxes in on time...ha!
We''ll have to start a new thread to see if anyone spent any tax refund money on some sparkly goodies!!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Rggg, I just lost my post...I''m gonna cry if this one doesn''t work!!

Here''s Tacori''s e-ring with band - hers is one of my absolute all-time PS favorites: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-wedding-bands.48746/

ZhuZhu''s gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous 3-stone with split claws: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ering-is-finally-ready-many-pics.77850/

Diamonfan''s EC eternity (her big momma EC is already in this thread, right?? It should NOT be missed): https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamondfans-emerald-cut-eternity-band.55378/

Windowshopper''s heart stopper: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/first-ring-picture.24799/

A bunch of FABBO PSer wedding sets: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-emerald-cut-wedding-sets.51519/

A more recent thread about the same thing: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-show-me-your-ec-with-band.81283/

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
THANKS, EL!!!! You''re the best!
I"m thrilled to have all the all-time EC''s fav''s right here for reference.... we need that....it''ll make it easier for everyone now and in the future...
and they are all so beautiful!!!

TACORI and ZHU...you gotta send us more NEW pics...ha.... it is springtime after all, the time when everyone sees the signs of "new life".....LOL...
I am still sad that FASHIONVICTIM has gone into hiding with her mom''s set...I''m channeling thoughts her way....I NEED MORE SHOTS OF THAT SET!!!!!!

Hey, it''s Wednesday everyone... halfway to the weekend...hope everyone''s having the best day ever!
emotion-5.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
BTW... WINDOWSHOPPER...where are you? I''m shocked you are not here.. you could be leading our party.. ha

and...EL, a big
emthup.gif
for posting DIAMONDFAN''S EC eternity... OMG!!!!! Now, that''s "EC to the Nth degree"... that''s a great addition to this thread for sure..wish we could call her out for some new ''life'' pics of that puppy...although we''d have to put out a disclaimer and make sure everyone had on their protective glasses first...woo hoo!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
EL....btw, LOVE the new avatar!!!

I''m going to be ''out of the loop'' for a few days.... so if anyone else pops up over the next few days with a new step cut beauty...PLEASE invite them to the party.
TBE and EL...I''m leaving you in charge..ha!!!
emwink.gif

Maybe we can get DIAMONDFAN or DIDIAMOND to come visit...or maybe WIDGET will blow us away with her dreamlike asscher....

Maybe IDREAM''S ''dreamy'' halo will be in...

or...maybe some of us (CHIGIRL, TACORI) will get outside and I''ll return midweek to some brand new shots...

NO MATTER WHAT...HAVE THE BEST WEEKEND EVER!
Gem

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks El for posting my link and the compliments! I promise I will get some new pics soon!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Hello, Ladies! A funny story for all you EC lovers that hails out of a not-so-funny situation. I ended up hospitalized unexpectedly this week...(I''m fine now)...and as the nurse was discharging me after my few-days stay....I couldn''t concentrate because she had an EC/trap engagement ring and I couldn''t take my eyes off of it. I ended up stopping her and asking her to see her ring up close...and, after gawking at it and complimenting it PS-style, we went back to the discharge instructions.

I think we should file this under..."You know you''re a PS''er when"
Hope everyone is well....I noticed DUTCHFLOWERS has a gorgeous new EC...YIPPEE...a new member!!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
LOL Gem! I hope you''re doing better!!! I was wondering what had happened to ya, glad you''re back :)

When DH was in the hospital, I swear THREE nurses had gorgeous ECs - seriously, I thought I was the only gal in Iowa who had one, so I was going a little nuts over the eye candy. Even in his pain, DH would kinda smile because he knew exactly what I was staring at every time one of them would come in to check on him. Anyway, I mentioned to my MIL (a nurse) that I spent half the time ogling nurses'' engagement rings, and she gave me a looooooong lecture about how nurses shouldn''t wear rings because of bacteria and contamination. You might say it contaminated the experience a bit
7.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Nurses wear ECs a lot. The nurse who drew my blood a few weeks ago was commiserating with me about our ECs. It was very cool.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
That is soooo funny about the nurse/EC connection. I''m gonna be on the lookout bigtime from now on whenever I see a nurse...ha!
My hospital experience really was hysterical... I kept gazing until it was literally uncomfortable. She kept saying things like, "Don''t take this medication with that medication and make sure you don''t combine x with y," and all I kept doing was staring at how her ring caught the light. She thought I was crazy until I asked her to see her ring and explained my fascination....she laughed and totally ''got it''...I think she was upset I was leaving, ha!!!!
Glad to be back with my PS pals...it''s WAAAAYYYY more fun than staring at hospital walls!!!!!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
oh, EL...tell your MIL that while the nurses should obviously wear gloves when necessary... from a patient''s perspective, sparklies are therapy...nothing like a fab EC to help ya heal!
emsmilep.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
OK EC''ers, a few new additions to our club.........

Dutchflowers new EC Leon - words cannot express, just look here

and

Clivus'' 3-stone W prong here

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
PO... THANKS for adding these in...they are both incredible!!!
DUTCHFLOWER''S Leon is a masterpiece...no doubt...
and CLIVUS'' three-stone is spectacular.... both settings showcase the ECs and their beauty....LOVE that we''re seeing some new additions
to our ''party''
emwink.gif

LET''S HOPE we can get our new friends to add more pics to the life section to show off what those stones can DO!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 3:47:41 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Thanks El for posting my link and the compliments! I promise I will get some new pics soon!
Tacori - I LOVE your ering it's so different and I love the sapphires.....please please please take some more pics for us!!!

Gem - I hope you are feeling better, I'm sure staring at the nurse's EC helped!
2.gif

I don't know how much longer I can wait for my rings....it has been just over 5 weeks now....sigh
39.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
IDREAM... that is insufferable. OK, ladies...let's all channel the "DELIVER THE EC/HALO" vibes for IDREAM... we must concentrate on getting her reunited with that lit-from-within beauty now adorned by its spectacular new coat!!!!!

No worries, I DREAM...when we put our heads together...all those vibes will have some sort of impact, no doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results