shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Ring pics to share

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acanuck

Rough_Rock
Oh Yeah -

Stats : 1.02, I SI1 AGS0, HCA 1.4 EX, EX, EX, EX.
Custom platinum setting with squared/european band.

She loves the ring, thinks I'm a geek for taking all the pictures
2.gif

Thanks to everyone on this forum.

Hope you enjoy the pics -

ArrowsOrange1.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Really cool shot of those arrows! I like the setting too. Lucky lady.
10.gif

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Can I ask -- how did you take these pics? They seem to be a LOT better than the ones I took of the ring I recently purchased.

acanuck

Rough_Rock
Arlington,

With regards to the pictures from the posts I used an Olympus C3000 set on macro. I didn't use a loupe or anything for these shots, just tried various shots with the flash on and off as well as playing around with the distance of the camera so that the ring was in sharp focus. Once I had a few images that looked good I imported them into photoshop and cropped them down.

Looking at the pics you posted it seems like you've got a good handle on it. If you're looking for close-up views, the only thing I suggest is to take the full size images like last two images you posted and crop them down to just the ring. Hope that helps - if you have more specific questions let me know.

I also always think everyone else's images look way better than mine so perhaps it's got something to do with that as well
1.gif

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/24/2003 1:03:10 PM acanuck wrote:

Arlington,

With regards to the pictures from the posts I used an Olympus C3000 set on macro. I didn't use a loupe or anything for these shots, just tried various shots with the flash on and off as well as playing around with the distance of the camera so that the ring was in sharp focus. Once I had a few images that looked good I imported them into photoshop and cropped them down.

Looking at the pics you posted it seems like you've got a good handle on it. If you're looking for close-up views, the only thing I suggest is to take the full size images like last two images you posted and crop them down to just the ring. Hope that helps - if you have more specific questions let me know.

I also always think everyone else's images look way better than mine so perhaps it's got something to do with that as well
1.gif
----------------

All of the images that I posted were alread cropped somewhat...but obviously I could cut more out. I just can't seem to get close enough for a really detailed shot like the one you posted that shows that arrow so clearly.

I found that even though I took the pictures at the highest resolution setting, I wasn't able to zoom in any closer in "post-production". And when I attempted to take pictures very close up, I only succeeded in blocking the light sources and putting the ring in a dark shadow. Back to the drawing board! I'll probably make some more attempts this weekend. That is, if I can get away from my girlfriend for a few hours to play with "my" ring! Hahaha.

acanuck

Rough_Rock
OK,

well keep trying, getting close to the diamond really shouldn't be that critical. The key is to make sure that the image is well focused so that it remains sharp after cropping allowing you to see the detail.

Good luck I know that once it's hers you're never getting it back
1.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! Great pics. I especially love Pic #2. And the diamond seems so white.

rodent.gif

acanuck

Rough_Rock
Thanks magna2,

#2 is my fav as well (actually tried to post that in the original message but it got deleted after I posted another pic ???).

Was a little nervous about how an I color stone would look. Had only seen F-H stones at the local B&M's and was planning to go with G-H color. Read on the GoG site and talked to a few vendors that claimed a well cut diamond can look a few color grades better so I decided to at least get the stone sent to me as it met all my other criteria. When loose it looked really white from the top and side. Flipping it over on a piece of white paper I could notice a very slight tint of yellow. Now that it's set it does look really white. Haven't compared it to another set stone with better color but it looks good enough to me and her
1.gif

song

Rough_Rock
Great looking stone, lovely ring. She's a lucky lady. Congratulations to you both! ~song

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results