shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer and Demelza's GTG!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Demelza and I met a few months ago on DB when I bought a platinum ring from her, and we have been imaginary diamond friends ever since :halo: Our friendship really took off when she started hunting for a 2.5ct OEC and asked for my help. Too much fun! Today we met up and I got to see the fruits of that search in person, as well as a few of her other treasures. She is just as rad in person as I thought she would be after our many e-mails and chats online. We have a lot in common -- she is like a bling sister from another mister. As the kids say.

I took about a billion photos of our loot. We were at a restaurant with our younger kids -- who are only about three weeks apart in age and are 11 months old now. So forgive the somewhat grubby bling ;)) Blame the babies.

It was a treat beyond words to see her two large solitaires. This was my first time in real life seeing diamonds so large. The MRB was pretty and spectacular. But when she whipped out the OEC/Transitional I threw my hands in the air because I basically admitted defeat -- It is the most gorgeous rock I have ever laid eyes on!! Amazeballs. As the kids say.

In the pictures, specs from memory and approximate:

Demelza:
2.5ct ish MRB, ideal proportions, GIA G VS2, 8.6mm
2.6ct OEC/Transitional, EGL I VS1, 8.8mm
OEC three stone, all stones around 5.0 to 5.5mm. From JBEG!

Dreamer:
2.4cttw Aurora band, F/G MRBs
OEC three stone, 7mm center and 5.75mm sides, I VS1

demelxadreamer 052.JPG

demelxadreamer 054.JPG

demelxadreamer 038.JPG

demelxadreamer 041.JPG

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:love:

Man, OECs photograph sooo much better than RBs. RBs just kinda look flat. I'm sure they were all amazing to behold IRL though :)

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
See the checkerboaring on Dem's old cut? Dave Atlas said it was an OEC, but it sure looks like a tranny in person. It has arrows! A really special stone.ETA: hmm, you can't see the patterning on my monitor now that its uploaded. Oh well, take my word for it :devil:

demelxadreamer 017.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wow.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, great pics!!

I'm even more impressed that you both had your little ones there and still managed to get all those shots!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of the diamonds are so beautiful! What a great GTG!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cute meetup story! No pics of the kids? :naughty:

Drooling over all the OEC goodness here. Dem's new ring is fantastical, that patterning is to die for.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

So good of you both to take time to take pics for us bling ho's!

...although I would have wanted more RLP shots. :halo:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1339133255|3211654 said:
:love: :love: :love:

So good of you both to take time to take pics for us bling ho's!

...although I would have wanted more RLP shots. :halo:

ME TOOOO!

I feel like this was wedding photos, where you look at them after and then you think "Dang I forgot the shot of XYZ!" I took all these pics in about 10 minutes while the kids gave us a spare second. I only had time to basically set them on the table and snap away! We were in a busy restaurant too and I have to admit I was a little nervous to draw attention to ourselves, there was like over $80k in diamonds on the table :o :o :o

Next time ;)) We are planning the next time we can get together. We live in different cities which sucks :blackeye:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! I'm speechless. Awesome shots! Awesome stones! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Bling hos . . . hahahahaha! :lol:

Going to go back and drool a bit more.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so beautiful! So many gorgeous diamonds in one place! Great pics, Dreamer!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Spectacular. Seriously - wow!!! Please have another play date again soon so we can have more pictures to enjoy!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
uh.... i am speechless..... :shock: :shock:

WOWZERS! That's one spectacular display of diamond sparkle. Holy cow. I feel sorry for the people who were around you - blinded by fire shots, i'm sure!!!! :lickout:

GORGEOUS!

(TGal - "Bling Ho's"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you girls had a good time - we have certainly had a good time looking at all these pretties! The rings are just beautiful and you did have a lot of loot lying on one table!

Love them all in their own right - a wonderful opportunity to see different things in different, yet all beautiful, stones!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:

Now that's the sort of family get-together I can't wait for - two incredible collections!! They're ALL showstopper statement pieces, and all together like that... :love: :love: =) :naughty:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
what fun!!! great pics and love Dems new ring, stunning!!! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TOO FUN!!!!! I'm way beyond the playdate stage( mine are 10, 12, 14, 16) but I'd love to have a doxie playdate with my little guy (and jewelry too)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results