shape
carat
color
clarity

Doing adjustments to setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Although I love the general shape of my setting, there are several things that bug me. From the side, I don''t like the look of the thick bar - I think it hides the diamond! And, at first, I thought I would want my wedding band to sit flush, and so the prongs run straight up. Now, since I don''t know if I care to have the band sit flush, I think I want some more curved prongs.

I wanted the setting to be very similar to the Cartier 1895 pave solitaire, because I love the look of the curves. I also love the curved look of the setting of melusine, just with my side pave diamonds.

First of all, how much does it cost to redo the setting?
Second, will I need to lower the setting to accommodate the curves? I don''t mind lowering it a tad, but I know my honey likes the high setting. I personally freak out every time I knock that setting b/c I''m rather clumsy.

Here is the side profile

Yimmers Ring Side.jpg

sofin

Rough_Rock
Is this a Cartier setting or something very similiar to it? I know that the Cartier setting is low and you won''t get the flush look. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but if you raise the basket just a bit, I think you would be able to get the flush look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results