shape
carat
color
clarity

Do other ladies here get anniversary bands or upgrades?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1328308928|3118536 said:
And there's just no good way to say "I spend my free time thinking about diamonds" in seriousness ::)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On nights when I can't sleep, I get up and log on... I occasionally dream about diamonds (HA! "occasionally"!!!)... I log on after work email is checked..... yeah, I agree Yssie!!! :rodent:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
warmdiamondlove|1328209614|3117466 said:
I was just wondering what ladies here have gotten an anniversary band or upgrade? I know alot of women (at least that I know) throw flack towards anyone who does this. Calling them selfish or materialistic! & I just don't understand why! .....................................quote]

As soon as I read the first 2 lines, I realized you must be new to PS :lol:

I think the majority here have had several upgrades. I've been married 11 years, and had different e-rings and anniversary bands, and centerstones. Even though I'm very satisfied with my current 7-stone band and 1.81ct solitaire, I would not turn down another upgrade or RHR. I'd probably go for a another ring, just to try out a different diamond shape. Kind of really begining to like an elegant stepcut...perhaps a 3 ct emerald cut for our 20th anniversary? :naughty:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
::snort:: anniversary bling or upgrade? Why wait for an anniversary?

I won't go into my story(ies)... like Dreamer's they're long and pretty much all archived on here somewhere! But ditto, I like bling, DH obliges. I'm sure lots of people have/are/will judge me, both IRL and on PS, and I'm equally sure that I don't particularly care 8)

That said I don't talk about this hobby with *anyone* IRL other than other PSers! Absolutely noone else cares about the nuances and, well, it's the nuances that make the hobby! And there's just no good way to say "I spend my free time thinking about diamonds" in seriousness ::)

Yes, yes, yes.... :appl: exactly!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warmdiamondlove, you won't get any flack here on PS about upgrades or anniversary bands, that's for sure! I lost my original ering quite a few years ago, so for many years I wore my wband along with a few vintage rings. I received an anniversary band on my 10th anniversary, so I wore that a lot too. I got a 1 carat diamond wedding set for my 25th, and I'm hoping to make another purchase soon. I tell myself (and my husband) it's an early 30th anniversary present. :oops:

My husband and I were talking about it tonight, and I said to him "I swear to you, this is it! After this, I'm done!" with me gesturing wildly as I said it. He looked at me, and I said in a small voice "oh yeah, I guess I've said that before" and he shook his head and laughed!

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
::snort:: anniversary bling or upgrade? Why wait for an anniversary?

I won't go into my story(ies)... like Dreamer's they're long and pretty much all archived on here somewhere! But ditto, I like bling, DH obliges. I'm sure lots of people have/are/will judge me, both IRL and on PS, and I'm equally sure that I don't particularly care 8)

That said I don't talk about this hobby with *anyone* IRL other than other PSers! Absolutely noone else cares about the nuances and, well, it's the nuances that make the hobby! And there's just no good way to say "I spend my free time thinking about diamonds" in seriousness ::)

haha Yea, I totally agree with you! We didn't wait for an anniversary either, but we just celebrated the one year mark of our marriage not long ago also last year celebrated the 5 year mark of our relationship! Like you my husband has zero problems with this! He likes his toys (playstation games, motor cycles/crotch rockets, trucks, cars, ect! & I like mine, JEWELRY! :lickout: haha

Also like you, I haven't talked to anyone in real life about this other than two people - My husband & my mother. & My mom like myself loves jewelry in general & was happy to hear the news, unlike I am sure alot of IRL family/friends would be.

Thanks again everyone for reassuring me other ladies DO do this! I finally have been browsing around more on here & seeeeeeen sooooooooooo many upgrade posts that my jaw dropped! :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I have a 7 stone band that was an anniversary present. As for the upgrade... I don't believe in changing the original ring, so he just buys me new rings instead ;))

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
I upgraded my engagement ring 2 weeks after the wedding. My husband is supportive, but I have been too timid to show my new one to anyone except people at work. Obviously I will later on - but until I feel enough time has passed by I am wearing my old enagagement ring around friends/family. Although gathering from Ame's story, it probably won't matter how long I wait or what excuse I give for the upgrade - I'm still going to get judged. I'm going to take the advice of other PSers and not draw attention to it when I do start wearing it everywhere - and I won't be open to discussing it with anyone who I feel will be judgemental. If I'm asked if I got a new ring, or why the ring is different to the one that they saw previously I am going to try "yes and I love it" and try to shut down the conversation shortly after.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1328257659|3118152 said:
DreamerD, I love that aurora band more every time I see it. So drool-worthy! I mean, beautiful and classic and, well, just scrumptious! You have such good taste! :appl:

Why thank you periwinkle! The style grew and grew on me and it is now my "signature piece" something I have never had before -- before I had diamonds, but not true jewelery if you know what I mean. I wear it every day just like in the picture above, and have no desire to wear anything else (on that hand :Up_to_something: ). So glad I ended up with this ring, after all my shenanigans ;))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

LOL! This exactly. Last night I really wanted to share with one of my new freinds here, but ended up not doing it. The usual reaction I get if I do mention anything diamond related is, "Oohhh", sort of said in the same tone you would use if your husband told you about a really "interesting" play in the hockey game :rodent: .

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eilonwy|1328421820|3119396 said:
I upgraded my engagement ring 2 weeks after the wedding. My husband is supportive, but I have been too timid to show my new one to anyone except people at work. Obviously I will later on - but until I feel enough time has passed by I am wearing my old enagagement ring around friends/family. Although gathering from Ame's story, it probably won't matter how long I wait or what excuse I give for the upgrade - I'm still going to get judged. I'm going to take the advice of other PSers and not draw attention to it when I do start wearing it everywhere - and I won't be open to discussing it with anyone who I feel will be judgemental. If I'm asked if I got a new ring, or why the ring is different to the one that they saw previously I am going to try "yes and I love it" and try to shut down the conversation shortly after.

Girl, if you are ashamed of the new ring, and hiding it implies that you are on some level ashamed that you got a new one for some reason, then others will sense it and if they are the type to think they have a right to criticise, they will. You know bullies sense fear, right?

Don't be surprised if no one notices ;))

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D good point I know what you mean about the whole sensing fear thing! I think that applies to most everything

Considering how many people buy jewellery it's funny how so many people just don't seem to appreciate it (at least not in the same way PSers do).

Calexand

Rough_Rock
Wow, Mrs. Acornblue, sounds like you deserved that upgrade! Will you please post a picture of your 4ct princess cut channel set band? I am considering forgoing the e-ring altogether and sticking to a channel cut band, but I am worried that it might stick out too much or might not be comfortable. My finger size is a 5.5, but I have heard that it's better to size up with these channel set bands. I was hoping for a channel set band that only went 3/4 way around since I am pretty hard on my hands...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Calexand|1328497359|3119896 said:
Wow, Mrs. Acornblue, sounds like you deserved that upgrade! Will you please post a picture of your 4ct princess cut channel set band? I am considering forgoing the e-ring altogether and sticking to a channel cut band, but I am worried that it might stick out too much or might not be comfortable. My finger size is a 5.5, but I have heard that it's better to size up with these channel set bands. I was hoping for a channel set band that only went 3/4 way around since I am pretty hard on my hands...

Channel set bands are very low and practical, if well made. And you can easily find one in 3/4, and no need to size up. Or are you speaking of an eternity style band more generally, not a channel set style specifically?

Calexand

Rough_Rock
Hi DreamerD,

I think you answered my question in another post. I am leaning toward the Facet Collection's 4.1mm princess cut channel set band (http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Platinum-Channel-Set-Wedding-Band-9-Princess-Cut-Diamonds-133ct-tw-F-G-color-VVS-VS-clarity/2202.html) w/two or three more diamonds added, or a 3/4 channel set eternity band. Same thing, no? I am worried the ring might be a little thick though.

I also can't decide between 18 k white gold or platinum. I know you have to replate white gold every 5-10 years, but that might not be a bad thing since it looks a little new every so often right? My brother-in-law and sister have platinum bands, and they say they get scuffed/dented pretty badly. What is everyone's opinion on platinum versus white gold?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found PS while looking to reset my solitaire. So, same stone, new and improved setting? While I still love my stone, I sure wouldn't't complain if someday DH hands me a check to upgrade :tongue:

I've been collecting anniversary rings since my first for our 5th. I now have 5 to play with.

As for the opinion of others, doesn't matter to me. Actually, the only people to notice were my aunt, who has a collection bands, herself, and my best friend. BF, in the first years of her marriage was one to go one about her rings and how sentimental she was about them and would never change. Funny, but when her husband surprised her with a channel set band, she stopped wearing the original rings 99% of the time. Then when she saw that I'd changed from yg to wg, then suddenly she was wondering what her husband would say to a reset..

My guess is that a lot of women feel that they have to be happy with what he or (they together) chose for her. Ok, fine, but then we all should be happy not to upgrade our homes, TVs, cars, computers...right?

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
We did a custom reset that happened to coincide with a birthday of mine. My original ering had been sitting for about 5 years in my jewelry box irreparably broken. DH had accidentally shut my hand in the car door before we were married. We had the ring fixed but it had structural problems that caused the stone to keep falling out. Also, I do have several anniversary stackers that I wear on my right hand or occasionally on the left in place of my ering.
My jewelry is no ones business but my own and DH's. I would love for someone to criticize my choices to my face, they probably wouldn't survive. :angryfire:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 30 wedding bands/stackers - I count them every night when I put them to bed in their little box. I love the threads where people show their fingers with rings up to the top - it makes me feel not quite so CRAZY!!! DH bought me 10 of these for special occasions, and the rest I have collected along the way! (I'm not even gonna mention right hand rings at this time). :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Mowtownmama :wavey: - could we entice you to post a thread on your stacking bling??? That sounds mighty intriguing..... Very interested to view your collection :naughty:

please please pretty please??? :halo:

Sable

Rough_Rock
Warmdiamondlove I love your marquis anniversary band. I have one found one just like it and was just wondering what you thought was a fair price.this is from a private seller. Just need to know what was a realistic offer .

Sable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results