shape
carat
color
clarity

Dirt Cheap Diamonds, Dave Atlas, Martin Fuller (LONG)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty ring! Congratulations!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i think your ring is beautiful! it looks much bigger than a 1.16 and it''s so white and sparkly. congrats on your engagement and being able to sport such a lovely ring on your finger
1.gif

princesslover

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for all the wonderful comments!
35.gif

I must say, Jim told me it would be a jaw dropper - but I just wasn''t sure what to expect with a princess cut! I know they don''t have as much fire as RB''s, but I wanted the "biggest bang for my buck", and therefore settled on a princess, since they have at least lots of brilliance.

This one cost us $4500 (Jim even gave me $100 off - AFTER I had already told him this is the stone I wanted - which he totally didn''t have to do!), and I haven''t seen any other 1.16ct for that price.

I was so nervous when I recieved it, and so happy when I saw that it looks like it''s got a life of its own even in the dark, with even the tiniest bit of light source.

As to the well cut comment, the appraiser I took it to here gave it a "good cut" (equivalent to AGA 2B) because the culet was a very tiny bit off center. Otherwise she said it would have been an "excellent cut", which is their AGA 1A.

I didn''t quite understand that whole thinking, since she said the culet was so little off center that GIA might not have even noticed...
33.gif
Shouldn''t take the cut grade down 3 grades if the culet is so little off center that GIA didn''t note it?..

So now I guess I have a problem in case of loss, since it will be replaced with a "good" cut, instead of an excellent cut...
Maybe I''ll take it to Gem Scan or something - they are pretty "loose" so they might not notice..he he...

Sorry for rambling!!!
20.gif
Really should get a life!!
9.gif

Your ring is GLORIOUS!!!! I think it''s the prettiest princess cut stone I''ve ever seen - truly. It''s spectacular!

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
sniff sniff
face16.gif
...what a wonderful story! Great ring and congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results