shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamondseeker's Daughter's Vatche Caroline e-ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks Laila, Sparklenut, DearBudda, Lori, Allison, SandyCheeks, and Frenchgirl!!!

Allison....thanks! I have been moving over the past year which took every ounce of my extra time and energy (not to mention money)! Thankfully they waited until we were semi-settled in the new house before making wedding plans! I'll be around more now that I've mostly finished furniture shopping!

Dreamer...Pearlman's is great! I have ordered something before to look at. Just trying to see if we can find exactly what she wants without having to send things back and forth. But we might if we don't find something. We got a good quote from Maytal that I think may be hard to beat.

Frenchgirl...I know! I will be wedding shopping with her today so if I remember to take my camera, I'll try to get some handshots! She may not let me if her nails aren't done, though!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy for Caroline! Congratulations to you and your family as well. :appl:

I LOVE her ring -- it's gorgeous.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to your family DS! That is a stunning ring! :appl:

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! The setting is fittingly named. ;-)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Diamondseeker, your DD and your FSon-in-law! Gorgeous ring!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words Zoe, Starshine, Harriet, and Feb03bride!!!

She loves the ring and is probably going with a Maytal Hannah custom wedding band. :appl:

jules.k

Rough_Rock
I just saw you mentioned that the diamond sits relatively low. That's great! I really like cathedral styles, but I don't always like how high some of them sit. I would love to see hand pics if you get a chance :)

Also out of curiosity, do you know if he got the ring in platinum or white gold, and what the rationale for that was? I'm just starting to reconsider a solitaire for my ering, and I've read so many pros and cons about each metal for solitaires that I'd like to hear some personal perspectives on how people actually made their choices.

Once again, congrats to you, your daughter, and her fiance! You all must be sooo happy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jules.k|1290532994|2776791 said:
I just saw you mentioned that the diamond sits relatively low. That's great! I really like cathedral styles, but I don't always like how high some of them sit. I would love to see hand pics if you get a chance :)

Also out of curiosity, do you know if he got the ring in platinum or white gold, and what the rationale for that was? I'm just starting to reconsider a solitaire for my engagement ring, and I've read so many pros and cons about each metal for solitaires that I'd like to hear some personal perspectives on how people actually made their choices.

Once again, congrats to you, your daughter, and her fiance! You all must be sooo happy!

Thank you, jules! We are very happy and enjoying planning the wedding!

This ring is in platinum. What I found out in my own research is that all platinum is not equal. Many platinum rings are 95% platinum with a 5% iridium allloy. This is a soft combination and it scratches easily (mainly tiny ones) and that makes it look very gray quickly. Tiffany and Leon Mege, and I think, Vatche, use 95% platinum/5% ruthenium which is harder. It does not scratch easily and it does not turn gray easily. I have had a ring made out of this for over 2 years and it is still shiny whereas I have a sister-in-law with the typical plat/irid. and it looks dark gray. There is one other combination that some custom jeweler use, such as Mark Morrell, and that is 90% platinum and 10% iridium. It is supposed to be better than the first alloy as well. Vatche is expensive, much in line with a Leon Mege solitaire setting, but I think it is worth getting one made out of a material that will look good long term. I'll do my best to get some picures when she returns from the weekend away. Things have been hectic and I just haven't had a chance. But I do need to add some hand shots to the thread! The ring is set relatively low but not ultra low like Leon sets his. I actually think it is perfect height and would actually like this setting myself! he has chosen a beautiful diamond wedding band, and I think that is the advantage to a solitaire. You can put different styles of bands with it to have a change!

jules.k

Rough_Rock
I just got back from a hectic weekend myself, but I wanted to say thanks so much for the input! Sometimes all of this ering information feels so overwhelming it's nice just to hear a personal perspective. I can't wait for those hand shots :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to your family DS!!! I'm really happy for you :) Oh, and of course the ring is gorgeous - what's not to love???

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Diamondseeker!! All the best to the newly engaged couple. :appl:

The ring is gorgeous! Love the setting! :love:

Thanks for sharing this special time in your life.

Cachette :))

lkt08

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamondseeker! I am new to the forum and tried to post a question to you about this exact setting, not sure if it went through or went to no mans land :)

I was just wondering if you had any hand shots of your daughters e-ring and setting. I'd love to be able to see some side views / profile shots next to actual bands and see how it looks on someones hand.

Thank you!!
Lily

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How special to have had a hand in the selection process of your daughter's ring! It is very lovely. Congratulations to you all!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lkt08|1314898777|3007522 said:
Hi Diamondseeker! I am new to the forum and tried to post a question to you about this exact setting, not sure if it went through or went to no mans land :)

I was just wondering if you had any hand shots of your daughters e-ring and setting. I'd love to be able to see some side views / profile shots next to actual bands and see how it looks on someones hand.

Thank you!!
Lily

Lily, I am so sorry I missed this, but I did see your question in Rocky Talky! I posted the link with her wedding band! Not sure if there were any profile shots, but maybe I can get some when I see her.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, too, Brightice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results