shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Upgrade: My very own BGD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited. I know many of you have seen my pink sapphire halo upgrade for my 10 year anniversary, But I still really missed my original e-ring and two diamond bands. I posted my original set back in the summer time. Its a five stone Birks (Canadian Tiffany's) . The center stone was .33 ct (small by pricescope standards). I always wanted a larger center stone. My jeweler friend told me I could go up as large as a .70. So for over a year now I have searched for the perfect center diamond. I came here to pricescope and looked at all the gorgeous rings and drooled over them and also did research on diamond vendors. I was originally going to buy from my jeweler friend who got me a .70 ctw almost hearts and arrows F VS2 Canadian diamond but it was a little more than I wanted to pay and this was back in August. So I waited.
Just before Christmas, I was searching here on pricescope and I noticed a lot of ladies are buying their diamonds from Brian Gavin Diamonds. So I went to his website and found my diamond. I contacted the Gavins and they sent me the reports and pictures of the diamond. It was everything I was looing for and the price was perfect. Leslie was marvelous and answered my emails quickly. The best customer service ever. I hope I can actually get Mr. Gavin to make me something in the near future.
When fedex dropped off the diamond two days before Christmas, i opened it up and it was beautifully packaged and included a hearts/Arrows scope and gloves to handle the diamond. What was so cool was the I could not only use the scope for my new BGD Diamond I was also able to look at my two five stone bands and all the diamonds have amazing arrows. I couldn't believe it. No wonder my set always sparkled so much.
So here are the stats on the diamond. Bare with me as I have a lot of pictures for you all to see on my new upgrade diamond in my original e ring. I am just in love. The pictures are not the best but I did capture fire and some arrow. I can tell you the my rings are just a fire ball and now with the BGD it is even better.

Stats
Round Brilliant H&A AGS Triple 000 Cut grade Brian Gavin Diamond
Size .632 ctw (not as big as some here but it looks like a carat on my little fingers)
F VS2
5.48 X 5.50 X 3.39 mm
No florencence

Christmas 2009 083.JPG

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
Here are pictures of the ering from the side. I always loved my setting. I love the trellis look that it has.

Christmas 2009 101.JPG

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the fire coming off of it
30.gif

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
Here is a picture of the entire set with my .50 ctw five stone wedding band and matching 1st year anniversary band.
I have a size 5 3/4 finger.
We have been married now for 10 years but we have been together since high school 18 years now.

Christmas 2009 122.JPG

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
Last picture I promise. It is cloudy again today. The rain has been here so I hope I can post more pictures on a day when the sun is shining. I can''t wait to see how much more it sparkles and lights up.
Happy New Year to All here on Pricescope. I hope 2010 is great for you all.

Christmas 2009 095.JPG

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
Okay. I'm hopeless. Here is another fire shot. I am sitting here waiting for the baby to get up so that we can go to a New Years Eve party at a friends house and the fire is just blinding.
Here is one last pictures.

Christmas 2009 115.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on making your ring all you knew it could be! The new stone is beautiful - glad you are so happy with the new stone!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OOH! It''s gorgeous! I love BGD and I love 5 stone rings. Congrats!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it''s beautiful, I can tell by the pics it sparkles like crazy, just gorgeous!! And you''re right, the stone looks really big on your finger! Congrats, I love it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! The profile is gorgeous
1.gif

It looks lovely on your finger, congratulations!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, what a beauty!!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty. Gotta love a great F VS2! That''s my sweet spot, too.

Lovely wedding set, and so happy you found the perfect center stone.

Have a wonderful new year!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely!

cheers--Sharon

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Happy New Year and congratulations on your upgrade!
This diamond is blinding me! Feel free to post the certificate!
2.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a beautiful stone and it goes to show, it pays to wait for the right one to come along. It''s gorgeous!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!! Looks lovely on your finger! Congrats on that beauty!!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 6:53:49 AM
Author: QueenMum
Happy New Year and congratulations on your upgrade!
This diamond is blinding me! Feel free to post the certificate!
2.gif
I found your certificate.
The diamond has a 34.9°, 56.6% table and 58% star length!
I love long star facets/upper girdles with a high angle, they make diamonds so full of fire to my eye!
If I''m not wrong, an estimation of the upper girdle angle of this puppy would be around 42.84°.
Enjoy it, this diamond is a true beauty!

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
Stephan, your hilarious. Sorry I was not able to download the cert. Lesley sent me a zipped file and I cannot seem to un pack it to upload the professional pictures of the diamond by itself and the cert.
The diamond is amazing. I already had a very firey set but this new larger diamond just takes it to the next level for me.
Thanks for you and everyone for the great words. I will post more pictures when the weather gets better. We had amazing sun all last week before the diamond was set and now we have rain again here in Vancouver, BC. To dark to get great fire pictures.

Happy New Year All.
19.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your set is beautiful and your new stone sooooo sparkly! What a great way to start off 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results