shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond I am considering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not a great picture...we were losing the sunlight and freezing, but I wanted to show you this 1.66 ct. H VS1 almost ideal. Haven't decided whether to keep it or not!

Well, I can't post it..it says file size too big. Is anyone around who can fix it for me? Thanks!

ETA: This diamond is just in a ring holder, not a setting

Two pictures posted below by Tacori (THANKS!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet Sevens will post it for you, right Nan??
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Lisa, the picture is not great but it was better than nothing and I just thought I'd post it for fun! But I have no idea how to do anything besides attach something as is!

ETA: Tacori is on here and she said she will help me! (All this trouble and the picture really isn't great!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey! We like even BAD pictures. We are addicts!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trust me we want to see it period. Blurry or bad, we''ll take any pics.
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are crazy! This a beautiful picture of a beautiful diamond.
Here it is...
10.gif

DSCF0272.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally decided to post something due to the fact that I have wavered back and forth about what to do! I have had the same rings for 29 years and I am feeling a little funny getting new ones! Then I worry a little about the diamond being so much bigger than most of the people around me. Yet it doesn''t look big in these pictures at all! Lol! Then I think I should be content with what I have and save the money for something else. I just have trouble deciding on big ticket items like this that certain;y aen''t essential (to the rest of the world outside PS!).

Oh, and the sunlight made one of the pictures have a little yellow tint...the diamond is so white that I think it must be awfully close to G.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks like a fire ball! And it DOES look large. Look at the finger coverage!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
DiamondSeeker:

The diamond looks BEAUTIFUL and your hands are lovely too!

When you way "almost ideal" is the diamond from Whiteflash''s expert selection?

It certainly looks very white ... and the size is very flattering on your long fingers!

Let us know what you decide!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'all are very, very bad! (Or I am bad posting it knowing that I will get encouragement to keep it! Haha!)

Thank you all for the kind words! The diamond is from Wink Jones. Table is just a tad off ideal, 58, I think. But I surely can't tell it! IT is really pretty in person!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bad pic?? It''s a great pic and the diamond is gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is another picture with her current wedding band.

DSCF0256.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That second picture was taken first, before I thought of putting lotion on my hands, oh well! I am changing to all platinum if I do this.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a beautiful diamond - if you switch to all platinum will you keep a solitaire setting and get a platinum wedding band?

The stone definitely doesn''t look too big on your hand - very elegant!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am undecided between two settings. One choice is classic Tiffany setting with diamond band. The other is a custom made setting with engraving and little diamonds bead set on the band next to the center diamond. Could have matching w-band made, too. The engraved one would be more unique, but I am very consious of not being too flashy with changing to a larger diamond. I love both looks, but am not sure which one to do!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a great diamond. Would you consider going lower in color and clarity to get an ideal cut? Is there a huge price difference?

It looks gorgeous otherwise. Will you keep it?

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Ummm... It''s BEAUTIFUL! However, I understand the second guessing so my suggestion is sleep on it and wear it all over the house in all types of lighting. If you wake up the next day and love it - it''s a keeper. As for what others think about diamond size forget about them life''s too short. If your happy that''s all that matters.
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2006 8:15:01 PM
Author: Jelly
Looks like a great diamond. Would you consider going lower in color and clarity to get an ideal cut? Is there a huge price difference?

It looks gorgeous otherwise. Will you keep it?
I really love the color and clarity (VS2 would be ok, too), so I''d have to go lower in size to change to an ideal cut. This diamond had an excellent price due to it being new (never set) but on consignment from one of Wink''s family members. It sparkles so much in all kinds of lighting, that I really would find it hard to believe that tiny bit it is off ideal would even be noticeable. I almost didn''t order it to look at because of it not being completely ideal, but Wink told me it was almost ideal and beautiful and I just trusted him. When I opened it, I was really shocked that it is as beautiful as it is! I really expected to see some tint to the color and there is none even against a white background. I just don''t think you can see the difference in ideal and very close to ideal cut with your eyes unless you are one of these appraisers! I think if Wink had told me it was ideal, I would have believed him! I think you are talking about very beautiful versus very, very beautiful when you get to this level of diamond. This one is prettier than any I have seen at jewelry stores, that''s for sure!

I still have not decided whether to keep it, though! It is not eligible for trade-in, so I have to be absolutely sure.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trust your eyes, take some time. It looks gorgeous to me. Remember you''re not wearing numbers on your hand. Being near ideal is great, the cut is awesome. I trust Wink very much. But ultimately you have to answer the question is this the one for you. Good luck in making your decision.
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2006 9:45:40 PM
Author: kaleigh
Trust your eyes, take some time. It looks gorgeous to me. Remember you''re not wearing numbers on your hand. Being near ideal is great, the cut is awesome. I trust Wink very much. But ultimately you have to answer the question is this the one for you. Good luck in making your decision.
1.gif
Thanks for saying this, Lisa. Honestly I think we sometimes focus on the numbers to the extent that we may eliminate some very nice diamonds! I wish we knew how to take better pictures to do more justice to this diamond! Wink could have easily tried to sell me an Infinity diamond where he''d be making a LOT more money (he may be making nothing off this one), but he knew that this diamond was a good one and fell within most of my required parameters. I was originally looking for around a 1.4 ct., and this one was a great opportunity to get a larger, high quality stone for not much more in price.

I am really thankful to have found PriceScope because I have learned so much and have enjoyed meeting so many nice people! But I am honestly a little hesitant about upgrading to a great premium cut stone when ideal seems to be the only acceptable option for most people on this list. I think I already have an inferiority complex about it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree Janis. There are many beautiful stones that don''t have perfect numbers (mine included). Only your eyes can be the judge. I personally think it is beautiful but you and your husband have to decide what is best for you. Keep us updated.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it is beautiful! While I don''t normally like rounds, I am seeing more and more gorgeous ones!
I would keep it, in fact, I can keep it if you like... heheheh

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! Keep it keep it keep it. Now everybody chant. KEEP IT!!!!!!

shay

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/5/2006 8:59:16 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I just don''t think you can see the difference in ideal and very close to ideal cut with your eyes unless you are one of these appraisers! I think if Wink had told me it was ideal, I would have believed him!

LOL! You might have until you read the parameters somewhere, like on Pricescope and compared them to the copy of the GIA cert I sent you. Then I would be in trouble for SURE!

Date: 2/5/2006 8:59:16 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006I think you are talking about very beautiful versus very, very beautiful when you get to this level of diamond. This one is prettier than any I have seen at jewelry stores, that''s for sure!
I don''t have the numbers to back this up, but maybe someone does, but if I had to guess, I would say that ideal cut diamonds are no more than 1% of the diamonds cut and sold in the United States each year and that the H&A cut diamonds that we talk so much about here on Pricescope are less than 1% of 1%. To be sure, they are incredible, but they are by no means the norm in the diamond world, although we who deal in them wish that they were.

When looking at the stone you have visiting you now I would say it is more a case of very very beautiful versus very very very beautiful. This stone was cut by C.A. Kiger back in 1979 when they were one of the three major firms in the United States cutting ideal cuts along with Keppie and Kaplan.

There are many here on Pricescope who could tell just by looking that it was not a Hearts and Arrows cut, but there are also many who could not. In your every day world I would venture that fewer than one in several hundred can tell the difference. The people here are WAY more educated about diamonds than the average person on the street. What most of those people on the street would be able to tell you is that this is an incredibly beautiful diamond, they just would not be able to tell you why.

It is interesting to watch the decision thought process, especially while I have been out of the country for awhile. It would not be so hard if you were sitting in my office, or in the office of any jeweler who cared enough to stock some of the best, near best and average. Doing it on line is difficult and heart wrenching, especially for the new buyer who is just beginning to understand why some stones look better than others, even when their papers say they should not, at least according to "accepted" wisdom.

I hope you are having fun with the process.

Wink

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker,

when I am deciding on an important purchase I always ask myself if i''d be sad or disappointed to send it back or not get it. Would it make you sad to send it back?

it looks gogeous to me and I agree with Kaleigh, don''t get caught up in the numbers, your eyes should be the deciding factor..

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Let me just jump in with the rest and say that it looks fantastic to me too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh! Just lost my whole post!

Hi, Wink! So good to see you back here!

Mrssalvo, there''s no way anyone would not love this diamond! I think it''s what Wink said, though. I wish I had the chance to sit at one of these vendors and see a selection of very fine diamonds. That way I''d feel more secure in my decision. I have looked at 3 fine jewelry stores and none of the stones were as good as this one. So I just have that lingering uncertainty that I haven''t seen enough to be sure, and there is no easy way to resolve that.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker, that stone looks GORGEOUS! I''d really consider enjoying it for what it is and not focus on the numbers.

And did you say that you''ve been wearing the same ring for 29 years? There''s no way your hands are that old! They are so beautiful! I''m jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results