shape
carat
color
clarity

Designer Halos Everywhere!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
We know on PS that halo rings have become all the rage, but in a high end bridal magazine I picked up, they are exploding everywhere. Just thought I''d share some pics I scanned in of some halos, to give everyone more eye candy, and ideas
31.gif

This is by Jack Kelege...I actually saw it in a store window....love that pear ring
18.gif

kelegehalo.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought this was a nice yet different take on the halo, the ring on the right (but get rid of those prongs!)

vittorianahalo.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the Fusaro all the way to the right.....with the individually set stones in the halo...LOVE IT!

fusarohalo.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
And the MOTHER OF ALL HALOS...good GOD I want this RING!!!!!....Look at the underside....diamonds all AROUND, cupping the center stone. ***swoon***

Anybody got a cigarette? I think I need to start smoking.
3.gif

barinhalo.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
FG- I have been searching to find the thread will all the fabulous details of you ring...can I have just a little hint pleae?
31.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! that Barin creation..what a monster. I''m in awe!
23.gif
How on earth?!

That''s incredible!!! I''ve never seen anything quite like it. I''m actually speechless...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here it is Matadora...the one where I finally got the ring... The Etta James Thread
1.gif

ETA: I know, kaylagee, don't you just want to DIE??? It's so amazingly fabulous...I would love to see it in person, hold it in my hand, run like hell...oh, I mean, give it back.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
holy crap that last one is awesome!!

funny but i think PS is usually ahead of the trend. we have seen halos on here for months now and finally they are in all the mags.

halos are definitely 2005..and maybe some of 2006 too. what will be next?!

diamond eternity was 2004 and some of 2005! i love that i got MINE in early 2003! i guess i am a trendsetter.
9.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Those little goodies are all very bling-a-licious. i must admit, I love the halo/pave band style, but I prefer it too be a little less blinding -- a bit more understated.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2005 3:31:33 PM
Author: kaylagee
*Handing FG one of my imaginary cigs*
10.gif

Puff Puff Puff....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks.
11.gif

It''s tough being a trendsetter, isn''t it Mara?!!!
9.gif
These halos are everywhere now, and they do seem like they''ve been on PS forever. I hope they don''t get dated. I do love that they kinda hearken back to vintage rings as well. Just YUMMY.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2005 3:30:29 PM
Author: FireGoddess

ETA: I know, kaylagee, don''t you just want to DIE??? It''s so amazingly fabulous...I would love to see it in person, hold it in my hand, run like hell...oh, I mean, give it back.
2.gif

It''s truly out of this world. I''m sure the design appeared in a dream or something! It''s just too unreal..like somthing reverse-engineered from alien jewelery tech! LOL!

I love it!
36.gif
Aren''t there awards for this sort of thing? OMG! I would just sit and drool for a week. not eating or moving at all. just staring, wasting away...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2005 3:36:50 PM
Author: kaylagee

Aren''t there awards for this sort of thing?
Sure there are... try AGTA''s - the collections of the ''Bridal'' section are quite something, really.

Simon G has these aparently simple rings with prongs inlayed with small marquise cut diamonds. I really like those when they came out ! The design would work wonderfully withsome color, IMO.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG I don''t think that either the eternity style or the halo''s will go out of style....they are classic IMO as opposed to some of the styles that are more ''modern'' and/or trendy like the big cluster diamond gold 80''s jewelry (
23.gif
)...and they do hearken back to the old vintage or estate days...so that stuff will always come back into fashion at some point...and the rest of the time you can just be ''unique''!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH MAN! I just LOVE those halos.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

If I ever change my setting, I have to think it would be for a halo style. (Wouldn't it make my new 2.36 look HUGE?!!
23.gif
)

I agree with Mara that the look is truly "timeless" BUT it wouldn't matter if DID "go out of style", because where I live (Podunk, USA!)
2.gif
) we are about 5-10 years "behind the trends" anyway!!! haha!

Lynn

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
*I* think that the next big thing in e-ring will be colored stones... Not that I''m biased, of course...

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2005 3:57:50 PM
Author: valeria101

Simon G has these aparently simple rings with prongs inlayed with small marquise cut diamonds. I really like those when they came out ! The design would work wonderfully withsome color, IMO.

Ana, That sounds amazing! Are there any photos of them on the web?
6.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is out of this world, puff, puff!!!!
3.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2005 4:05:31 PM
Author: Mara
FG I don''t think that either the eternity style or the halo''s will go out of style....they are classic IMO as opposed to some of the styles that are more ''modern'' and/or trendy like the big cluster diamond gold 80''s jewelry (
23.gif
)...and they do hearken back to the old vintage or estate days...so that stuff will always come back into fashion at some point...and the rest of the time you can just be ''unique''!
Oops-I am in trouble!
6.gif
9.gif
2.gif

Well, I ony have *one or two* --in yellow gold of course!
37.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2005 4:22:08 PM
Author: velouriaL
*I* think that the next big thing in e-ring will be colored stones... Not that I''m biased, of course...

2.gif

I love them esp. when they match the woman''s eye-color or echo key wardrobe-decor/signature colors.

OTOH, My eyes are brown and my wardrobe is all over the place..the closest I have to a signature shade is lots of deep red/brick red/garnet fabrics in my closet and bed linens... So that''s what I chose at first. Also my husband''s birthstone is garnet. Mine is yellow topaz/citrine(yawn).

Diamonds are so wonderfully neutral!

Sorry for veering off-topic.

I never thought I even wanted diamond rings at all(...''Sacrilicious'' as Homer Simpson would say!) until I started noticing Deco(or Deco-inspired) pieces/halos, eternity bands.

I completely lost my mind at that point. LOL!
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda like this JB Star "Forever Rose" design??

jbstarforeverrose.jpg

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I got my halo e-ring in december, ordered it in October...I thought I was being "unique"...got a bridal magazine in january and they were EVERYWHERE...they have been in the mags for awhile now...just don''t see too many in person, just on pricescope

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, someone over at betterthandiamond posted this site a while back and I was in heaven.

188103-halo_04 michael barin.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2005 4:05:31 PM
Author: Mara
23.gif
Everything that goes around comes around eventually. I love the halos but yeah, they will go out of style eventually. Then people who have them will either continue to wear them or upgrade to a different style. I can often tell when someone got married by the style of their ring. You can tell if someone has probably changed their setting or has been wearing the same one since 1974, lol.

When I got engaged in 1979, EVERYONE I knew got a solitaire on a yellow gold band. The only variable was the width of the band and the height of the setting. Side stones were seen as too "60ish." And white gold....ewwwww! That was what our mothers wore! And we told ourselves that the classic yellow gold solitaire would never go out of style. Guess what? It went out of style. It''s still around some, but it sure is not what you see featured in magazines!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results