shape
carat
color
clarity

De Beers engagement ring (plus wedding band)

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
I've already inflicted photos on you in various fora but now it's back from a resize/reset, I thought I'd post it properly. I've noticed that De Beers isn't very common on here so people might find it interesting.

My OH bought me a 2.02 GIA Ex J solitaire De Beers as an engagement ring. I loved it but it was a little snug, so when we went back in to buy wedding bands I enquired about it. They were happy to resize it, but it came up that once resized, they wouldn't advise resizing again. At the same time, we found that the very low setting wouldn't allow the wedding band to fit flush. I decided to reset it in their classic solitaire as this fits with the wedding band and would allow me to resize it again when I get older if, like my mother, my knuckles get bigger.

The customer service at the London Bond Street store has been fantastic. Engraving was free and all our rings will get a free annual service for life. You are paying a whopping premium on buying there as opposed to from an online retailer but I think the mark up may be less than Tiffany, Cartier and Boodles. I like the fact that they stock J colour stones, unlike Boodles. Like Pricescope, it's all about the cut! They have a machine called the Iris that passes light across it so you see all the facets light up in turn and can appreciate the symmetry. They don't have the idealscope or equivalent, which is disappointing.

Every De Beers diamond has a unique identity number engraved on the table facet that can only be seen under x200 magnification. I've attached a photo of the digital image from the microscope, a collage of before and after reset, and some random iPad pics.

If I were buying for myself would I buy from De Beers rather than from say Whiteflash? I think the answer is no. Armed with the HCA, Pricescope and the quality of WF's images, I just think the mark up on premium brands is too much for me. However for anyone who wants and likes to buy from a prestige brand, with the one to one contact and ongoing relationship they offer. I highly recommend considering De Beers along with the other usual suspects.

_27386.jpg

_27387.jpg

_27389.jpg

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
More pics. I couldn't get my normally reliable Canon Sureshot to play nicely in macro so these are slightly fuzzy iPad photos that don't do it justice.

_27390.jpg

_27391.jpg

_27392.jpg

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So pretty, thank you for sharing, four prong cathedrals are my favorite solitaire! What is your finger size?

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! My ring size is 3.5 or 3.75, this ring is a European 46 which I think equates to a UK G1/2. Converting ring sizes is a pain!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful and substantial on your hand! Congrats again! :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful classic ring!.. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your reset Zizzy, it turned out beautifully! Your ring is just fabulous - classic, elegant and huge! Gorgeous set :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classically beautiful! It looks fabulous on your hand - congrats again!

kellydean

Rough_Rock
love this reset.. I really love the 4 prong setting and the cathedral setting is so graceful! and I love the nail polish color!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are just gorgeous and elegant! The diamond looks huge on your hand.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful e-ring and wedding set! The profile is just beautiful and the classic band lets your gorgeous diamond take center stage!!!!
:love: :love: :love:
Great nail polish too!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and set :appl:
I love the total package with your nail polish and your watch

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results