shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom jewelry in LA?

HappyinLA

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am in the LA area and am interested in customizing a diamond ring using a diamond I had recently inherited from my grandmother. I really like the Harry Winston halo rings. Is there a jewelry designer who is recommended in the LA area and whom I can meet locally without trekking downtown? I live in west LA.
I did find a few names on the blogs here but didn't find any follow up posts after the recommendations were made.
Thank you so much!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want a Harry Winston like halo, that means you want a well done halo, which means you need to see Victor Canera who is in downtown LA. SORRY.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can recommend Victor Canera and David Klass. Victor creates top notch work and he is super customer friendly. His work is perfect.

David does a good job for a very reasonable price. He is also very easygoing to work with. Not sure if he is downtown, but I guess so?

If Harry Winston is your inspiration, than I would contact Victor Canera. I am located in Europe and have worked with him several times as well as with David Klass. You can communicate very easily with them via e-mail.

HappyinLA

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the referrals. Downtown LA jewelry mart is a bit overwhelming but I am willing to go there with these recommendations as long as the work is quality. Does anyone have photos of rings from Victor Canera or David Klass they are able to post, or any other jeweler from Downtown they were happy with? Thanks again!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HappyinLA|1484227761|4114684 said:
Thank you all for the referrals. Downtown LA jewelry mart is a bit overwhelming but I am willing to go there with these recommendations as long as the work is quality. Does anyone have photos of rings from Victor Canera or David Klass they are able to post, or any other jeweler from Downtown they were happy with? Thanks again!

Just google "emilya halo" on here. Tons of pics.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread could be helpful: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-your-victor-canera-beauties-here.175281/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-your-victor-canera-beauties-here.175281/[/URL]

Victor has just finished some amazing Emilya halo rings. You will still find the threads on one of the first pages.

I have 4 rings from Victor and I love his work. Here are the right hand rings he made for me. The one with the blue topaz is a version of the Emilya halo with a kite shaped and double sided halo. His classic Emilya is really popular here as an engagement ring.

img_14497.jpg

HappyinLA

Rough_Rock
Thank you Soxfan for your advice, and thank you Acinom for the amazing pictures and the links, your rings are gorgeous. I especially love the two with the halos!
Since I'm new to this and not familiar with the pricing, approximately how much should a mounting with halo like this cost?
Thank you again!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cost depends on the size of your diamond and the exact details of your setting, but I would expect $4500+. Victor is wonderful and his quality is top notch in every way! I certainly consider him equal if not better than HW.

My other top choice in the LA area for top quality pave is Maytal Hannah if Victor is not in budget. I am not certain of her location, but she does a wonderful job, as well!

Here's a current thread with a ring by Maytal:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/beautiful-harry-winston-inspired-ring-by-maytal-hannah.228118/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/beautiful-harry-winston-inspired-ring-by-maytal-hannah.228118/[/URL]

More here:

http://www.maytalhannah.com/

HappyinLA

Rough_Rock
Thank you Diamonseeker2006 for your advice and recommendation of Maytal Hannah. I contacted her and her price range was within my budget. I'm meeting up with her next week.
The ring I inherited has an oval diamond, just under 2 carats. I can't seem to decide on platinum vs rose gold so Maytal sent me a few pictures to help me decide. I wanted to take a poll to see what fellow Pricescopers think?

img_14754.jpg

img_14755.jpg

img_14756.jpg

img_14757.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What's the color of the diamond? Ovals tend to show body color more than a round.

That being said, I love the rose gold.

calin

Rough_Rock
Victor Canera is awesome. I surprised my with with this 30th anniversary set. VC was so great to work with and incredible responsive. Youvwill not be dissapointed if you go with him the craftmanship is incredible.
My wife loves it so much as you can see. She also said it us very comfortable to wear
Not the best pic.

dc3c77b096ab738df1961ed9700d58ba.jpg

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

elemenope

Rough_Rock
Those are some beautiful rings above! I also wholeheartedly recommend Victor Canera. He did an amazing job and was so much better to work with than our last jeweler.

HappyinLA

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your advice Yimmer! The diamond I have is a white diamond. I am leaning towards the rose gold a bit more...
Anyone have photos of a white diamond with rose gold setting to post?

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Hello HappyinLA. It is helpful if you tell us what letter color your diamond is assigned, and any undertones if present. If it is not graded by GIA or AGS, please note that as well.

Here are some rose gold halos (First photo has a Pt halo and rose gold shank.). Enjoy.
p_victor_canera_oval_rose_gold_emilya_with_pt_halo.jpg
p_5_ct_brown_diamond_emilya.jpg
p_victor-canera-antique-style-halo-ring.jpg
p_vc_double_edge_halo_2ct_m_cac.jpg

HappyinLA

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the pictures Skhii. Those rings are gorgeous! Everyone has been so helpful.
I worked with Maytal Hannah and together we decided on the platinum setting. She told me that my diamond would most likely be graded F by the GIA. Since I wanted a classic look and for the diamond to look white, I felt platinum was the way to go. Maytal Hannah was very knowledgeable and helpful, patiently answering all my questions. I had a wonderful experience working with her, plus the ring turned out beautifully, delicate-- exactly what I wanted. Here are a few pictures I took with my phone. front.jpg
back.jpg

side.jpg

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
How much did Maytal Hannah halo cost? If you don't mind sharing. The ring turned out great!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! :D I'm so happy that you have the ring of your dreams! You may want to start a new thread to show off your e-ring!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I am in the LA area and am interested in customizing a diamond ring using a diamond I had recently inherited from my grandmother. I really like the Harry Winston halo rings. Is there a jewelry designer who is recommended in the LA area and whom I can meet locally without trekking downtown? I live in west LA.
I did find a few names on the blogs here but didn't find any follow up posts after the recommendations were made.
Thank you so much!

Ricardo Basta is in Century City, and I consider their work to be top tier.

HappyinLA

Rough_Rock
How much did Maytal Hannah halo cost? If you don't mind sharing. The ring turned out great!
Thank you! I love the ring. Maytal quoted me $3000-3500 (depending on the size of the diamond). All her rings are high quality and 100% hand forged which is very unique. Her price was significantly lower than the competitors and the detail/quality was exceptional.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, the platinum looks stunning with your diamond since it's so white! Looks fantastic!

HappyinLA

Rough_Rock
Yes, the platinum looks stunning with your diamond since it's so white! Looks fantastic!
Thank you so much! Your advice had been really helpful previously as well. I loved the rose gold too but I don't think the diamond would have looked as white :)

DrS

Rough_Rock
I can vouch for David Klass! Great craftsmanship, outstanding prices. Can't be beat in LA

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results