shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom designing EW Marquise ring

emilypsb

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking around these forums for a while now during my pre-engagement ring research. I got engaged last week and currently have my fiance's grandmother's original e-ring from the 1940s with a 1.88 marquise. I am going to have it reset EW. I have seen some of the other forums on this which have been super helpful!

Here is a link to the EW marquise ring I like the best - http://www.bridalguide.com/media/images/article-images/antiquechic6.jpg

I like how the second halo and side metal work kind of round the sharp corners of the stone. BUT I don't like the metal work. Do you think the designer can do the double halo like this without the metal work? I feel like there will still be a space on the sides like in this ring. What could I fill it with?

Also, I am a bit concerned that the double halo will just look like I am trying to make the ring look bigger. And just so you know, I am not planning to wear a wedding ring with this ring (ill get a simple band I can wear when I dont want to wear my e-ring) so I am not worried about how a band will work with the ring.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions? Thanks everyone!

purplesilk

Brilliant_Rock
I'd get some inspiration from Portia De Rossi 's e-ring: in my opinion,this is the most beautiful marquise e-ring I've ever "seen":
[URL='----']----[/URL]

emilypsb

Rough_Rock
@purplesilk. I LOVE that ring but am concerned it may be too much for the jeweler to do. I am for sure going to bring it up with him though. If I could know I would get that EXACT ring I would want Portia's ring but I am nervous it wouldn't come out as beautiful. This is my first experience working with a jeweler so I am a little nervous...

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

JeraVae

Shiny_Rock
I hate to be a nay-sayer, because I think those designs are all really lovely. However, I just want to mention something before you commit to a ring. When you show off your engagement ring and people look down at your hand wearing any E-W marquise, they will probably see an eyeball staring at them. I know a lot of people probably don't think about that when considering an E-W marquise, but they all end up looking like someone's eye. Just a thought I wanted to share, but otherwise the rings are stunning and I really like your ideas, as well as the rings others have posted.

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
I think E-W Marquise rings are very original and can be breathtaking if done right. If done wrong they tend to look a cheesy. The most famous E-W Marquise ring is probably Catherine Zeta Jones' ring.

Re: halo settings, I would agree with the other posters, and go to someone who specializes in delicate pave halo work for a ring like that. I know that Danhov makes some beautiful E-W halo settings for marquis shapes. You can find them on their website. I also am sure Leon Mege could make one that is to die for. See this E-W oval halo ring he made as an example:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/this-is-uber-mege-new-e-w-oval-yellow-diamond-halo.139886/?hilit=uber%20uber%20mege']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/this-is-uber-mege-new-e-w-oval-yellow-diamond-halo.139886/?hilit=uber%20uber%20mege[/URL]

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a bezel set e-w marquise and it was to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Out of curiosity, could we please see pics of your marquise?

emilypsb

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the ideas everyone. I actually like that it will look like an eye; I am obsessed with evil eyes.

The jeweler has done a lot of custom rings and specializes in pave work so I am not concerned about his skill. I am just nervous having never gone through this process before. Ill see how I feel when we work with the CAD program. Im going today so will post pics of what I decide to do!

Here is a pic of my e-ring as it is now right after the proposal (on a hike) -
SAM_1022.jpg

I am having trouble getting an up close shot of the diamond itself. Ill have to read the post on how to take good pics of them and repost when I figure it out!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring and diamond are very pretty.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I loooove E/W rings! I can't wait to see it.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This link has already been posted by purple silk but I didn't want it to get lost in the mix! This is one of my all time favorite settings and I love the detail and everything. If you want to add a bezel and halo I think it would look amazing too! Not sure if you can do this profile w a bezel though, it may come out a slightly different, but still beautiful!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-ring-custom-from-greenlake-jewelry-works.45126/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-ring-custom-from-greenlake-jewelry-works.45126/[/URL]

Diamond.Lover

Rough_Rock
Your ring is very pretty, and congrats on your engagement.

I normally don't care for the marquise shape but they seem, to me, so much prettier when they're set east-west. No matter what you choose I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results