shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion cut engagement ring with baguette band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sassee

Shiny_Rock

Hi Everyone

I got engaged on the weekend. Am very apprehensive about posting my ring, but I will do it!!

I will try and post some more “lively” shots when I get a chance. My fiancé managed to master the “in the box” photos but we haven’t had any time yet to get some great hand shots or with the fire/scintillation.

The basic specs are: 1.1 carat cushion (GIA cert said “cushion modified brilliant”). D colour, SI1 (although we struggled to see any of the inclusions, even under the loupe). The band contains 0.97 carats worth of baguettes, but I do not have the specs on the colour or clarity. There are 10 band stones altogether.

Alright, here goes:

box100.jpg

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Another again... excuse the errant cat hair attached! Steve didn't spot that!!

box400.jpg

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Hand shot... excuse my terrible looking pudgy finger!!

handshot121.jpg

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
And another... gawd my hands look awful. Its winter here and it was a bit chilly outside!!

handshot313.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Yum, I love a good cushion. I bet you get a lot of fire from the baguettes in the band too... I love the blurry pic on your hand with the colourful sparkles. Please come back with lots more pictures!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful, Sassee!! Don''t be apprehensive about posting it! We love seeing a beautiful ring like this!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please tell me you''re apprehensive about posting pictures because you think we''ll try to steal your ring when you''re not looking!

Sassee, your ring is gorgeous! I love the cushion and baguette mix, I don''t think I''ve ever seen such a thing before and it looks beautiful. Congrats again!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love the mix of cuts.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you kidding me?? It''s gorgeous, enjoy it in all it''s glory. I adore cushions and love the setting. Just a big WOW!!!! Congrats!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh...really pretty!! Congraulations, best of luck, and enjoy your new ring!!!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous! I love cushion cuts. That will be my shape if I by a second sizable diamond.

The best of luck to you!

(Don''t worry about the furbabies'' hair)

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring. I love the combo of the cushion with baguettes. So pretty! Congratulations!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Great combination with the cushion and bags. Wouldn''t have thought of that! Cogratulations on your engagement!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love that its different - something you don''t see everyday, and yet still has a classic look to it
36.gif
36.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I love the cut combo! Very different and definitely something you don''t see every day... just beautiful!

Congrats on the engagement and ring!!!

Oh, and more pics of that beauty are a must
9.gif
emphoto.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous Sassee!! I love the picture with all the sparkles coming from it!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely cushion and what a unique setting! Do you know the dimensions of your stone?

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone

And thank you for making me feel so welcome on this particular forum and to all of you who have given me feedback, it has made me a lot more reassured. Its not that I don''t trust my own taste or anything, but there are some real rocks on this forum and my little baby isn''t quite as "substantial" as others. But it is a lovely size and perfect for me
emlove.gif

Cushions are still very unique in Australia, so most people don''t even know what they are looking at when they see my ring. My boss (male) surprised me though. He said ''is that a cushion cut?'' - I nearly fell over!! He told me he''d recently been checking out one of those "luxury" magazines that have cars/watches/jewellery and there was an article about diamonds including cushions. So there you go!!

Wolftress - yes the bags do shoot off a lot of colour. I have been pleasantly surprised by that!

DKS - I will attempt to get the fiance to take some more photos over the weekend and see how we go. We are total novices so it might take a bit of practice to get some great shots!!

Diamondseeker06, snlee, Haven, Tacori, Kaleigh, Dani, Seattle, ringplease, nessvan12, luckystar, poshpepper and bee* etc etc - thank you for your kind words. Yes, it was a bit of a risk mixing the cuts and to be honest I didn''t know what the end result was going to be but it worked out wonderfully, so I am thrilled!
emhot.gif

Gemgirl - he is an enormous ragdoll cross (7/8 rag with a teensy bit of tabby/domestic). He is adorable but because its just turned to Spring here, he is starting to shed!!

AmberGretchen - I am so glad you said that. That was exactly the goal I had in mind. Something that wasn''t stock-standard-seen-it-all-before and yet retain some sort of classic look

DMS - I have the certs at home so when I am next able, I''ll track them down... I am afraid I don''t know them off the top of my head!!
emembarrassed.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on yoru engagement! Your ring is gorgeous! I''m a sucker for cushions and yours is so white and sparkly!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!! I love the shape of your cushion, how icey white it is, and the lovely and unique baguettes in your setting! Congratulations on your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results