shape
carat
color
clarity

Confused

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Acclaim

Rough_Rock
I need some help here. I was at a store looking this diamond

GIA, 1.19, H&A, Table=56, Depth=61, F, VVS1, Faint, EX/EX

which the retailer wants $9,600 for it. I asked the salesman to give me another diamond to compare this one to, and he gave me $6500 1.05 ct E, VS1. For some reason, the cheaper diamond has more fire than the H&A, more expensive one under the pot lights. He explain that it''s not fair to look at these 2 diamonds under the store potlights. He is sure that the H&A will beat the other one under Flouresent light. He also say that the H&A looks good all over while the the other one only has more fire looking down at the table.

I can see that the non-H&A diamond has a wide table and very shallow crown height. The H&A looks more proportional. He will get the sarin report to prove to me that the H&A is cut ideally. In the mean time, Can someone explain to me why a much cheaper diamond has more fire than a ideal cut H&A.

By the way, He is not really pushing me to buy the H&A. He say "buy the other one if you think it has more fire" He tries to explain to me that there are other nice features about the H&A and can''t be judge by looking at it (down at the table) with the store potlights.

Does the different in Color make it look brighter or more brilliance. They don''t look much different. I say 9 for the H&A and 10 for the other diamond. Could it be that I am not experienced enough to tell the different?

Can the expert help me out here.

Thanks,

princessangelyne

Rough_Rock
I'm getting a H & A from Good old gold and I've seen these diamonds up close and personal and have compared them to other diamonds that do not have that cut, and I am sold on the notion of getting a Hearts and Diamonds cut...it just sparkles, and that is what grabs your eye and hers. Read everything in his site and you'll get a lot of information. Good luck
lickout.gif
lickout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results