shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Entrelaces Ring

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
OK, so I saw this ring just before my trip back home. It's a Cartier Entrelaces ring, 18k white gold, from the estate jewellery department of E.B. Horn of Boston, which is a great place to go for preloved high-end jewellery as it's always in great condition. They have a fabulous reputation and have been in business since 1839.

The Cartier retail price of this ring is $1,339 incl. tax. This ring was priced at $650, and the store owner said $600 including any sizing. Since this was not my first rodeo at E.B. Horn, I knew I'd better wait for my usual SA. Over the phone, she said $450 plus any sizing. I said, hold that baby for me till I return from the Old World!

It's a size 4. Weirdly, it fits, although I'm really a 5 on my right hand. Not sure what happened there, unless I lost a bit of weight.

In pictures the ring looks small, but it's extremely heavy for its size, like lead, and so, so white. It's a great little piece - a young-looking, carefree ring. I would never have paid $1,339 for it, but for $450...I mean....

I also love it when I'm wearing something super-high-end and expensive for what it is, yet no one else knows unless they're in the know, know what I mean?

dscn2234.jpg

dscn2236.jpg

dscn2248.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Two more shots. Just weighed it - although it's much smaller than my Trinity Cartier, it weighs exactly the same. They are both 5g.

dscn2251.jpg

dscn2253.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a great ring!
I'm such a Cartier fan and Cartier at a discount even better.
Enjoy.. it's fabulous! :wavey:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks both!

My photos always seem to have a creamy colour to them - these don't show the bright icy white of the gold. Not sure why.

ETA: Just tried with the flash. It tends to wash some things out, but here I think these extra pics show off the quality of the white gold and its iciness.

_6735.jpg

_6736.jpg

dscn2280.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
It's interesting and edgy! I do like it and get what you mean about only Cartier fans recognizing it. Looks cool, great price, win-win!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Just seen that it's a size 47, whereas the Trinity is a 51. They both fit fine. Very odd! I must have magic fingers.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Magic fingers!! Too cool!!

It's a great ring and even more amazing at a third off of retail pricing! Congrats in the super deal you got!!

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
I love your new ring, and what a deal! Crazy all the prices you got quoted :) I was at E.B.Horn myself recently and tried on a couple of preloved Trinity rings. The SA I spoke with said that the stated size of the trinity ring refers to the size of the individual bands making up the ring, not the size where the ring would actually fit on a mandrel. If there are 3 interlocking size 5 rings, there's probably only going to be enough room left inside for maybe a size 4 finger. To make matters more complicated, the width/height of the band (XS, S etc) probably factors into the equation as well, so you might actually wear two different size Trinity rings based on the width of the bands. The thicker the band, the less room for a finger, since they are interlocking. I'm not sure I totally grasp the concept, but I know that I'll probably never buy a trinity ring without first trying it on!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Woofmama, I'm glad you think it's edgy! My style is very classic so I'm not usually called edgy. I like that - it's cool!

Alisonia - was that your first trip to E.B. Horn? Did you like it? What about all those diamond brooches in the estate case, then? Aren't they TDF!

I also tried on those Cartier Trinities before I travelled. They have the diamonds in them, yes? They are about 3k. I wasn't in the market for spending 3k on a Trinity though. Re. size, everyone seems to have a different opinion when it comes to the Trinity. Some people say they have a smaller size than usual, some say true to size and some say larger. For myself, I think the Trinity is more comfortable sizing up a little.

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
Smith1942 said:
Woofmama, I'm glad you think it's edgy! My style is very classic so I'm not usually called edgy. I like that - it's cool!

Alisonia - was that your first trip to E.B. Horn? Did you like it? What about all those diamond brooches in the estate case, then? Aren't they TDF!

I also tried on those Cartier Trinities before I travelled. They have the diamonds in them, yes? They are about 3k. I wasn't in the market for spending 3k on a Trinity though. Re. size, everyone seems to have a different opinion when it comes to the Trinity. Some people say they have a smaller size than usual, some say true to size and some say larger. For myself, I think the Trinity is more comfortable sizing up a little.

The sizing was totally confusing. I tried on two that the SA said were the same size, but one was too big and one was too small. It was my first trip there and our hotel was right nearby. There was one Trinity with diamonds in the estate case and then some plain ones when I was there. I fell in love with an antique diamond and platinum Hamilton with a black silk cord...so pretty! The SA who helped me seemed a little clueless, he said he had been doing it for 2 years, but he was very friendly.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Alisonia, what's a Hamilton? Did you buy it? The SA might have been Paul. Rotund guy with large brown eyes and a beard, always making jokes?

I found the two Cartier trinities with diamonds in there to be very different sizes. I also tried on some plain rolling rings that weren't trinities. They said they didn't have any plain Cartier trinities, which is what I was looking for. Their rolling rings fitted dreadfully on me. I think they were hindered by the sticky label. In Cartier they always take the label off.

Thanks for you comments, everyone else! Can you believe that people pay almost $1400 for this ring?? As cute as it is, it's definitely not worth that. But for $450 I think it was the most amazing bargain.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it Smith, a very cool and hip look!! :sun: I'm so glad you were able to get both Cartier pieces! :appl:

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
EB Horn huh?? ;)) I guess I will have to check them out my next trip to Boston!! What a a fantastic price! Maybe I should drag you along with me! :naughty: I'll buy lunch...you get me the steep discounts! :Up_to_something: :lol: very cool ring. Enjoy it!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Christina! It's amazing how the discounts always seem to find me, isn't it! :lol:

Nothing has yet beaten the pristine yellow gold and diamond Etoile Tiffany band I got in E.B. Horn yet, though. The Cartier Entrelaces comes close to 70% discount, but the Etoile was $630 and retail is 2.5k. I'm frightened to wear it in case I mess it up.

lil425

Shiny_Rock
I have this ring in yellow gold - I purchased from Cartier several years ago and at the time it was $950. They run big because when it is put on the sizer at the jeweler it will stop at say a 5 but there is still a tiny bit of space under the knot that makes the ring fit larger than it is sized. I ordered mine online so it was a little big - wanted it as a pinky ring and I had my jeweler drop the size down and now it is my 24/7 right pinky ring - I don't even feel it on anymore. LOVE IT.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results