shape
carat
color
clarity

carre cut bands?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I searched carre cuts in the search here, but It only came up with 3 or 4 different rings? Can anyone with a carre cut band post here? Thank you so much!

Since losing out on the gorgeous French cut band by only moments on loupe troop last week, I am thinking of having something similar made ( I loved the detail between each stone) but with carre cuts since they are readily available. Thoughts?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
HI there ADL,

French cuts and carre cuts are quite different, as you already know. it really depends on the look that you want. i think you like french cuts more than carre. there was a PS selling a parcel of 5 frenchies, but i cant seem to locate that link. you might be right that carre are easier to source than frenchies.... try the preloved section... i will try again and link it in the next post.

are you planning for the band to sit next to your ering or as a stacker? it may change the look that you are going for????

here is my carre cuts they are 5mm square; and were made to match my asscher solitaire. i think they are equiv to 15 pointers.
LLJs mom has milgrain on the band. mine is plain.
The thickness is 2mm. FG colour.

i originally wanted asscher eternity. i was really fortunate to have both asscher and carre to assess what woudl work with my asscher solitaire. The small asschers were competing with the asscher solitaire for the 'look' on the hand. The carre complimented so well with the asscher solitaire; i went with the carre.

I LOVE my carre cuts and wear the set everyday..
Enjoy the process.

completed_1.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gift from my mum, made over 30 years go:

6-stonesquarestepcut.jpg

DK :))

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Bright ice had some for sale and here are the links to her french cuts. but it seems like they have been sold... maybe this parcel was what you were referring to?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-french-cut-diamond-band-the-new-one.190427/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-french-cut-diamond-band-the-new-one.190427/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/sold-5-loose-french-cut-diamonds-t197019.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/sold-5-loose-french-cut-diamonds-t197019.html[/URL]

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones/5-loose-french-cut-diamonds

it also mentions that these french cuts are quite deep and MAY be uncomfortable in a full eternity.. so go 1/2 eternity.
Carre cuts are not that deep and 2mm thickness is what i managed to get the stones set in and it is comfortable.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Greg! I LOVE your band-gorgeous! Yes, FC and carre are completely different, but some had perhaps seen the way it was set on LT? It had platinum between each stone in a gorgeous deco style.

Yes, this will be worn with my new e ring (traps next to EC center), so looking for something very delicate as a wedding band. I think the carres will actually look lovely in this case (but I will still be dreaming of a fc band for a someday project, maybe a RHR?).

Yes, I think those FC sold QUICKLY! The carre cuts I was looking at are 2 mm's, but still able to see the nice step cut pattern. I would do a 1/2 or 2/3 eternity.

Thanks for your time and input-always so kind!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
My pleasure to help, where i can. I have been helped many a time, so happy to return the favour.... :)

With regards to wearing carres with the e ring, i would wait till you have the ering in your hands (which should be soon????) and then play with some ideas- go to stores to see if they have any to play with... though you may have to go to a specialty store as not many carry carre eternities, let alone FC. i mean playing with ideas now is great.... for me... i am a visual kinda guy and i have to be able to imagine/ see it for it to work in my mind before i commit.

Sadly, i did not see the FC on loupe troop....oh wow that is a great ring! you posted the pic as i posted my msg... now, can you picture that with your e ring? you have an EC... so the carres will work to blend/ compliment the e ring. i think the FC may compete with the EC... but in all fairness, i will have to wait and see your EC ering to make more of a comment.

I hope others will chime in. Maybe those that have FC are in your city that you can have an afternoon tea catch up and play with the rings!!!!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! Agree on every single point... It should be done this week :) so I will be going to GOG to try it on with some bands but not sure they (or anyone) would have what I want ( no one ever does lol!). Yes, I think the french cut bling might be better on a diff finger...Thanks again- so appreciate your input!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35 - just checking... are you sure your carre-cuts are 5mm square? I think that would make each stone apx 0.75ct?
I have a 1.25ctw 5-stone carre-cut band and each stone is apx 0.25ct, and 3.5mm square.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I rechecked my notes : i had a choice between 10 or 15 pointers. I ended up choosing 15 pointers. I measured with a ruler and not calipers . So the 15 pointers "measured" 4mm and the 10pointers were 3mm.
The 5mm was including the band.... :oops:

Hmm. I am not really sure if that added up correctly either... If your 3.5mm is 0.25ct.....
I know the jeweler loaned me either the 10 or 15 pointers and I chose 15 pointers.. So whatever those measurements are... :oops:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
does it depend on the depth of each stone? hmm...I think the 2.1 mm stones I was looking at were .06 each? Does that make sense?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
the depth of the stone will determine the thickness of the band and how comfortable it is to wear. At 0.6, it will be fine.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1397565508|3653693 said:
wow DK-what a substantial and stunning band! Thank you for posting!

You are welcome.

My mum has set aside two larger stones with the intention of making a pair of earrings for me. :))

I have not worn the ring for some time, as it no long fit my right hand ring finger.

I have intended to make the ring bigger so that it can be worn with my EC as a set of RHRs.

Or I may turn the ring into a pair of huggies along with the loose stones, or a bangle etc...

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results