shape
carat
color
clarity

Bye bye *J*, HELLO *K*!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock

Well, in the moment of temporary insanity, I decided on a MINI upgrade. My 30th is fast approaching and I decided I needed some new bling to mark the occassion.

3.gif
I drove Celina at WF nuts going back and forth between a shared prong bangle, then the solitaire bangle, and then talk of a pear wrap. Well, I wasn''t sure about a bracelet. I''ve never had a *nice* bracelet and so am just not sure how much I would use it......then I was set on a pear shaped wrap but quickly realized I''m no where NEAR where I WANT to be as far as the size of my center stone. (.......bless my husband''s heart....
23.gif
) SO. A stone that I have seen and asked about a few times kept popping into my mind and I finally ran with it.

My current ring is the result of a ring replacement just a little over 6 months ago (the result of a chipped girdle in my original ering center stone). WF was wonderful. I originally went with BN and quickly realized my mistake not going with a company with an upgrade policy. So, switch-a-roo and I was with WF. THANK GOODNESS. From that moment on I set my sights on upgrade land.

37.gif

WELL, I went ahead and in honor of my milestone bday did an "up"grade. Yeah, "up"grade. Hence the title . I''m snagging about a half a mm and dropping a color for an affordable carat weight jump.

4.gif
Some, ok, MOST, may think I''m nuts. But that''s what leaving your 20''s behind does to some people I guess.
2.gif

I can NOT say enough about WF for how wonderful they have been through this little "up"grade. I won''t go into details, but suffice to say that they went W*A*Y above and beyond to make me happy and to get this done. I''m not sure I''ll sleep a wink tonight waiting to get my eyes on this (I FULLY admit, I''m scared to death to see a K in person!). I''ll certainly post lots more pics when I get it. But, my excitement/anxiety has been boiling over long enough, I had to share this with my fellow PS''ers.

1.82ct
K SI2
.....all the juicy details to follow on the Sarin and GIA cert...

JenniferOwens1.82KSI2.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
You will love your K. I went from an I to a K and I love my K...I have never looked back!

I can''t wait to hear your thoughts...the stone and setting look gorgeou! CONGRATS!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:45:37 AM
Author: Jelly
You will love your K. I went from an I to a K and I love my K...I have never looked back!

I can''t wait to hear your thoughts...the stone and setting look gorgeou! CONGRATS!
Oh, Jelly, you don''t KNOW how good that is to hear.......thank you!!!
4.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh! It looks beautiful! I can''t wait to see real life pics!!! You must be so excited
9.gif
Can''t wait to see the pics and hear what you think of the K color!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Jenn, first of all your ring looks fabulous! Congratulations on a new K and a gorgeous ring! I have a K too, and I have to admit that when I first saw my stone it was loose. I opened it up in the car and my first sight I was *slightly* disappointed cause guess what, I saw some color. But you know what, 95% of the time when I look down at my stone now, it's brilliantly white! I love my K. I think it's a beautiful stone and I'm positive your's will be too
9.gif
Can wait for hand pics!

eta: Jenn, is your setting the WF Tiffany knife setting?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you will be delighted - congrats on a super up - grade!!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful Jenn, congratulations! I think the numbers look great on it, and the inclusions are mainly twinning wisps? which are usually pretty much invisible right?

I think you will love it, I can''t wait to see pics! Are you re-using your old setting? I have your original thread bookmarked
3.gif

a

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s going to be just gorgeous!! way to go and happy anniversary.

p.s. the gret thing about the WF upgrade policy is if you do find the K is a little warm for you, you can always upgrade again to higher color somewhere down the road
36.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe MOST do think you''re nuts, but who cares what anyone thinks about it but YOU?? I personally have no problem at all with color in a diamond, which is very handy for the ol'' pocketbook, if you want larger stones. The only problem I see is it seems to become somewhat more difficult -not impossible of course - to find really well cut stones the further along the color scale you go, unless of course you hit the fancies. Just what I''ve noticed whilst looking.

If you loved your J, I''m sure you''ll have no problem with a K.

Karen, ecstatic J owner.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

Congratulations on your upgrade! And your upcoming 30th!
You will love the K! I went from an E to a K and I love the K! I understand your nervousness to see it in person, though. I selected my K in person--love at first sight, but then I had to leave it for a week to have it set, and I worried that my eyes had tricked me or something, but when I picked it up, it was just as sparkly and gorgeous as when I selected it.

I can''t wait to see it on you!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 4:08:09 AM
Author: sunkist
Jenn, first of all your ring looks fabulous! Congratulations on a new K and a gorgeous ring! I have a K too, and I have to admit that when I first saw my stone it was loose. I opened it up in the car and my first sight I was *slightly* disappointed cause guess what, I saw some color. But you know what, 95% of the time when I look down at my stone now, it''s brilliantly white! I love my K. I think it''s a beautiful stone and I''m positive your''s will be too
9.gif
Can wait for hand pics!

eta: Jenn, is your setting the WF Tiffany knife setting?
Thanks for the reassuring words, Sunkist. I''ve admired your ring for some time and it''s a big reason I decided maybe I could handle a "K".
2.gif
Yes, my setting is the WF classic Tiffany knife edge.
1.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 6:55:34 AM
Author: angeline
That''s beautiful Jenn, congratulations! I think the numbers look great on it, and the inclusions are mainly twinning wisps? which are usually pretty much invisible right?

I think you will love it, I can''t wait to see pics! Are you re-using your old setting? I have your original thread bookmarked
3.gif

a
Thanks, Angeline! Yes, the inclusions are twining wisps and WF said invisible to the naked eye.
36.gif
Yes, for now it''s going to stay in the WF classic tiffany knife edge. The setting is just a little over 6 months old so I couldn''t justify a setting change just yet. Hopefully when I get my "forever stone" (....I really don''t want to stop ''till I get over the 2ct mark
31.gif
31.gif
) one day I can get the fabulous Leon pear side stone masterpiece!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 7:47:27 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I think it''s going to be just gorgeous!! way to go and happy anniversary.

p.s. the gret thing about the WF upgrade policy is if you do find the K is a little warm for you, you can always upgrade again to higher color somewhere down the road
36.gif
30th birthday, I wasn''t very clear.
2.gif
WF''s upgrade policy is just awesome. I would love to eventually have a 2.5ish J/SI2!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 8:03:44 AM
Author: ksinger
Maybe MOST do think you''re nuts, but who cares what anyone thinks about it but YOU?? I personally have no problem at all with color in a diamond, which is very handy for the ol'' pocketbook, if you want larger stones. The only problem I see is it seems to become somewhat more difficult -not impossible of course - to find really well cut stones the further along the color scale you go, unless of course you hit the fancies. Just what I''ve noticed whilst looking.

If you loved your J, I''m sure you''ll have no problem with a K.

Karen, ecstatic J owner.
I did love my J, and that''s exactly why I decided I could try a K.
36.gif
Oh, and I KNOW a lot of people WILL think I''m nuts for having a K, but obviously I did it so I don''t care too much what people think.
3.gif
I at least stick to the PS vow of CUT IS KING!
36.gif
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that looks like a stunner! I cannot wait to see your handshots!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! What a stunner! I can''t wait to see handshots!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well hello gorgeous!!
30.gif

great great choice! although you can''t really go wrong with any of those options
37.gif

and i must say i would have LOVED to see that pear wrap come to life!

but besides that, gorgeous gorgeous stone & SETTING. i absolutely LOVE that setting!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful. Can''t wait to see hand shots of that baby!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
simply lovely
30.gif

beautiful stone, and that setting is so pretty - fluid, elegant, and feminine. i don''t know that i''d ever change it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks great...as the proud owner of a beautiful K pendant, they are such great bangs for the buck!! enjoy!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you loved a J you won''t see any difference with a K!! Congrats, I would have done the SAME thing, but then I am a size-lover with no size yet!
2.gif

DD
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW, it looks gorgeous!! I can''t wait to see it on your hand. Happy upcoming 30th!!
emcake.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results