shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Bling fest! My two new engagement rings and bands

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last year, I put my original e-ring diamond up for consignment because I was so unhappy with it. For a while, I took some time off from bling to think about what I might eventually like to get, and during that time I just wore plain bands. However, I missed having a beautiful engagement ring, so I started looking again and well, now I have not one but two sparkling new engagement rings, both with GIA 3 ex center stones. :naughty: I didn't plan to get two, but I loved them both and couldn't decide! Plus they were very affordable since I went with J color. Then I had to get some new wedding bands too of course, to join the fun. Hope you enjoy the pics!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the stats for my new e-rings for all the cut nerds:

Tiffany 'Soleste'-inspired double halo in Platinum ( :love: I am a Platinum convert!)
From Blue Nile (It's called the 'Duet' halo on their site)
Ring size 7.25
0.77 carat GIA excellent cut
J color, VS1 clarity
Table: 55%
Depth: 62.1%
Crown: 34
Pavilion: 40.8
Star: 50
LGF: 80
No fluor
Excellent polish
Excellent symmetry

3 stone halo in 14k WG with milgrain
Also from Blue Nile
Ring size 7.25
0.59 carat GIA excellent cut
J color, VS2 clarity
Table: 54%
Depth: 61.7%
Crown: 34
Pavilion: 40.8
Star: 55
LGF: 75
Strong blue fluor :love:
side stones are 0.10 ct each I believe

Plain band
Ritani 3mm Palladium domed comfort fit

Bead set diamond band
From local jeweler
11 stones x 0.08 ct each = 0.88 CTW
G color/SI clarity

I don't wear all the rings together obviously, it's just for photo taking purposes. After reading on Leon's site how he thinks it's very damaging to wear an e-ring next to a wedding band, I decided I would only wear the e-rings by themselves and wear the bands on my other hand. Also, that way I didn't have to worry about mixing metals. I have pretty large hands so I really love how much finger coverage the halos provide. A lot of people are shocked when I tell them the size of the center stones, as they assumed they were much bigger.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On to the pics... :wavey:

I know there are a lot; I was just a wee bit excited.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiff Soleste-inspired halo in yummy Platinum...

picture_009.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 gorgeous e-rings and equally stunning wedding bands :love:
You are a very lucky girl! The rings are beautiful an impaccably made. Who made them for you?
My personal favourite is the double halo ring :love: It must be great to be able to alternate rings. Enjoy wearing them!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1390369607|3598312 said:
2 gorgeous e-rings and equally stunning wedding bands :love:
You are a very lucky girl! The rings are beautiful an impaccably made. Who made them for you?
My personal favourite is the double halo ring :love: It must be great to be able to alternate rings. Enjoy wearing them!!!

Thanks Acinom!! I forgot to put that info in the original post; both halos are from Blue Nile! I am really impressed with their service and their product. The prices can't be beat either. I had a very limited budget I was willing to spend and I still can't believe how affordable the rings were. The only downside is that of course you can't see the diamonds before you order, but I figured as long as I stuck to the cut info and numbers I'd learned from PS over the years, they would be pretty and sparkly.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings Laila!!.. :appl: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!! These TWO are gorgeous!! Such beautiful stones and settings. Congratulations! They are both lovely. (I think I really really like the double halo...) :love: :love: :love:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful rings Laila that look great your hand. Two whole new engagement rings and bands. It's so exciting!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you believe this is only a 0.59?

picture_017.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally, I wanted to post a couple pics of the beautiful James Allen platinum hand made knife edge solitaire I ordered. I didn't end up keeping this one because it just wasn't blingy enough for my big hands and the setting was a little too dainty for me in person, but JA's workmanship was just impeccable and their service was outstanding!

This was a GIA excellent cut 0.76 carat I color with medium blue fluor. The entire ring was just under $2700! 8) There are definitely bargains to be had if you go down in color or clarity!

picture_001.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results