shape
carat
color
clarity

Black Diamond set in LOGR setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My black diamond pear (4.1ct) has now been set into an LOGR setting. I've never really been a fan of black diamonds but I liked the pear cut and I've found it difficult to get anything other than an RB in a black diamond (oh and of course I liked the size!). Coupled with the fact that it fluoresces like a blue alien(!), I do love this stone!

I paid LOGR to custom make the setting to fit the diamond and upgraded to VS diamonds. The melee is very sparkly and the diamonds are a high colour (I can't capture their beauty in a photo) BUT in all honesty they're a mix of VS, SI and there are one or two I clarity. The colour masks the clarity to a certain extent. I love the pierced work to the basket and even though it's not symmetrical I kinda like that because if feels more hand made if that makes sense? My only slight grumble is that when the black diamond was being set, two of the side diamonds on the shank popped out and my jeweller tells me that there really isn't enough metal to hold in the diamonds on the shank - so be aware of this is and get your LOGR checked. The mount arrived in a 7.5 and I'm a 6.5 - 7 so it's a bit too big but can't be resized because of the problem with the lack of metal to the side diamonds.

All of that sounds like I'm moaning but I'm actually not because the ring has turned out as lovely as I'd hoped and I just need to treat it gently! Overall I'm very happy.

Here she is ......................

ETA - can you see the sparkly bits in the black diamond? They're actually tiny inclusions but give the impression of internal glitter! Very pretty.

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful setting, I like it a lot. I have never seen a black diamond before. Very unique.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her pretty bottom! Last one.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW, that is serously awesome!! I love how it turned out, so elegant!! Great job!!
30.gif
30.gif

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
This is a stunner! love it sooo much!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! It is very unique, I love black and white jewelry.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
very beautiful... LOVE that setting

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely and very classy!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. It''s so pretty!
30.gif

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
wow! i''ve never seen anything like it....many congrats to you!!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the contrast of the black and white...beautiful!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a fantastic ring!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so regal looking!!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
it reminds me of my topaz I have set and of FireGoddess''s ering...I love the black look though...where did you get your stone from??

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
very, very pretty and different. I''m also wondering whree you got the stone from?

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! very elegant and mysterious! Love it!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
That is really pretty! I am really starting to like pears in halos after seeing this ring and the pear halo by WF posted by AmyandBrian! I hope the setting holds up for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results