shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Solitaire Reset is Done! *Pics, pics, pics!*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
One more.

All_3_Rings_a.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a ring-on-a-mirror shot:

LB_solitaire_reset_21.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
And I thought this one was *purdy*!
30.gif

LB_solitaire_reset_19.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
And... there was something else I didn''t *love* about the fishtail pave set. It was the small ACA melee stones VS. the big stone. They didn''t always look nice at the same time.

Storm nailed it once in an old thread (can''t find it now?) but it was something about the inherent difference(s) between the tiny diamonds and the big one. For example, in my office, my big stone looks beautiful, but the melee always looked kinda dead; but in bright sunlight, the melee would sparkle/twinkle beautifully but the big stone goes dark. I think Storm referred to the phenomenon as some kind of a "misfire" between the stones. Anyway, that was exactly my experience and honestly, it kinda started to bug me!
40.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It''s perfection Lynn! Wear it in good health!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn it looks great!! The simplicity of the set is amazing..! You miust be so happy to be able to US them til your heart is content. Keep me posted on how the rings wear... one of my things about going simple solitaire is the scratching up of the platinum, I am not a careful girl at all!

Gotta say though that your fishtail head will always be first and foremost in my heart...ole scoopy swoopy. I still covet the original Ritani. BBB is closing and I keep meaning to go and see if they have the setting on sale.

The new reset totally showcases the stone stone stone. Which looks FAB btw! Oh and I LOVE the three rings together (your new set with fishtail w-ring!). Variety is FUN. Great job girl! Oh and I missed what width the new rings are?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!! I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your set!!!!

carabella

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! I love it!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
wooo wooo woooo!!!!!! Perfection!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 8:58:40 PM
Author: Mara
Lynn it looks great!! The simplicity of the set is amazing..! You miust be so happy to be able to US them til your heart is content. Keep me posted on how the rings wear... one of my things about going simple solitaire is the scratching up of the platinum, I am not a careful girl at all!

Gotta say though that your fishtail head will always be first and foremost in my heart...ole scoopy swoopy. I still covet the original Ritani. BBB is closing and I keep meaning to go and see if they have the setting on sale.

The new reset totally showcases the stone stone stone. Which looks FAB btw! Oh and I LOVE the three rings together (your new set with fishtail w-ring!). Variety is FUN. Great job girl! Oh and I missed what width the new rings are?
Hey thanks for the compliments! Yeah, I''m pretty happy with the new rings... and that diamond is so dang clean you could EAT OFF IT!!!
2.gif

Honestly, I''m not too concerned about the inevitable nicks and scratches that the rings will get. I look at it as just the natural patina of well-worn and loved platinum rings... and I''m OK with that! But hey, if I ever want them polished up good as new, that''s always an easy-breezy option, too.

Yeah... I loved Ol'' Scoopy/Swoopy, too... but it was time for me to lay him (her?!) to rest.
2.gif
Always onward and upward, right?!!

And oh... to answer your question -- 2mm each!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely breathtaking Lynn!! It''s sheer perfection!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Lynn!! so simple,yet so beautiful
30.gif
36.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
My fav ring on PS!!!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Lyn you must be so happy with them. Gorgeous simple and timeless
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
i''ve seen your cleaning setup...it''s like a LAB! not mad scientist but definitely serious!

i like the 3 ring look! but then i am a stacker! and i agree with you about the Platinum Patina
adore it... i like the scratches and wear...it adds character...my ring is only a few months old and it has a lot of patina already...course it''s a wide band so more surface.

i also agree with the idea of the coloured stone in the old setting...a honking big blue sapphire!
MMMMMmmmmm yummy! [grins] maybe i need to go the coloured stone section!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn, it''s really stunning and the diamond appears to *pop* with the simplicity of the platinum solitaire. I love both of your sets - you have fabulous taste!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 11:12:51 AM
Author: Celtgrrl
i''ve seen your cleaning setup...it''s like a LAB! not mad scientist but definitely serious!

i like the 3 ring look! but then i am a stacker! and i agree with you about the Platinum Patina
adore it... i like the scratches and wear...it adds character...my ring is only a few months old and it has a lot of patina already...course it''s a wide band so more surface.

i also agree with the idea of the coloured stone in the old setting...a honking big blue sapphire!
MMMMMmmmmm yummy! [grins] maybe i need to go the coloured stone section!
ROFLMHO! OHMYWORD, this made me LOL!

It''s just a simple set-up at the basement sink with the ultrasonic... the jet jewel... a few bottles of cleaner... a small toothbrush or two... BASIC, really!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynn, I think your reset looks just lovely, understated and elegant, and it''s because of you and your former set that I''ve decided that I have to have a fishtail pave'' band made.

I think ole Scoopy Swoopy would like great with a Jeff White sapphire in it
2.gif
. Poor Jeff White is going to be busier than a one armed paper hanger after AJ''s ring. LOL! His blues are just dreamy!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful Lynne!!! I love the claw prongs and I''m glad you are finally happy.

Ballerina

Rough_Rock
Wow! Your set is gorgeous!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Lynn...it is beyond BEAUTIFUL!!! I love how simple and perfect it is! Great job!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Lynn, it is just GORGEOUS!!! I have to admit that I was a little sad when you first said that you were going to reset, because I loved your fishtail pave set so much. But now that I see how gorgeous your new set is, I am just in love with it!!! I think that the setting is perfect, and I love it with the plain band too. It just looks perfect on your hand. I just love it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That is a seriously sexy set!!!! There''s something so lovely about the elegant simplicity. Gorgeous.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Love the simple elegance of a well made solitaire!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Loved your "before" set, but the after makes your center the star
emstar.gif
!!!
Just gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
SHAZAAAAAM!!! That diamond is FABULOUS, and so are both rings to wear with it. I love them all stacked up as well. Just wow!!

kimchi

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!! What a stunning stone!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
They both look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been lurking for a year and a half now and your fishtail pave set is one of my favourites but this set is just GORGEOUS!! It''s my new favourite set on PS
30.gif

do you think this setting would be delicate enough for a 0.75 carat diamond? I love BGD!!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results