shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel earrings - got it right this time

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted a couple of weeks ago about my fun visit to IDJ and showed pictures of my earrings they reset for me (into a stock bezel setting). But I just couldn't fall in love with the thick, chunky back of the bezel, and regretted not having them do the handmade ones like I knew I'd wanted.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and I now have them set like I wanted! I took them to my local jeweler and he cut the thick bezel off, attached a martini back to the low-profile bezel, and put everything back together. Now I have the very thin bezel I wanted, and the martini back/post I wanted. This type of earring sits much better in my piercings for whatever reason. They hug my ear closely and are exactly what I wanted. They'll also be much easier to clean than the thick "barrell" type bezel setting they were in. I paid next to nothing to have him do this and he got them back to me in 4 days. He was so enamored with them (along with the whole staff at the store) that he took pictures and said he was going to make more like these, as he thought they turned out so pretty.

It is next to impossible to get good pictures with my iPhone, but I wanted to share! The stones are E/F SI1, 1.04 carats total weight. Picture overload to come...

bezels1.jpg

bezels6.jpg

bezels7.jpg

bezels2.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This shot is blurry but shows how low profile they are on my ears.

bezels8.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

What an amazing difference!! It looks awesome on you!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a clever way to fix the issue! They look beautiful.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1387549832|3578036 said:
What a clever way to fix the issue! They look beautiful.

Thanks Maisie! That was the jeweler's idea. He said "Do you mind if I just cut off the bottom part of the bezel?" I loved the idea and think it turned out nice.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so pretty!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, he did a great job! They're beautiful!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1387551753|3578064 said:
Wow, he did a great job! They're beautiful!

Thanks Laila - he does very nice work. He did a handmade bezel on some little sapphires I had too and I love them. I showed him those when I took these to him to alter and he said "Oh yeah, I remember making those!". :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look perfect!! I want some just like those, except in yellow gold. Perfect!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1387553502|3578086 said:
Those look perfect!! I want some just like those, except in yellow gold. Perfect!

Thank you! They woud be gorgeous in yellow gold!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He really came through with these! I wish I had a trusted jeweler like this…glad you were able to get the earrings you wanted!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1387556556|3578122 said:
He really came through with these! I wish I had a trusted jeweler like this…glad you were able to get the earrings you wanted!

Thank you - me too! I guess I should have gone there first. Oh well, it worked out just right and I got to meet the IDJ team!

LittleBigBling

Rough_Rock
Oh my!!! These are lovely. I have been dreaming of bezeling my studs for a while. Out if curiosity do you find any sparkle has been diminished or enhanced by this setting? They look exquisite on you, congrats!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LittleBigBling|1387565729|3578211 said:
Oh my!!! These are lovely. I have been dreaming of bezeling my studs for a while. Out if curiosity do you find any sparkle has been diminished or enhanced by this setting? They look exquisite on you, congrats!!!

Thanks! I don't think the sparkle has been diminished in these because the back is still very open. In the previous bezel though, they looked a little less lively and darker. Really appreciate the compliments!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Brilliant idea! Those are lovely Katie!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got a nice shot after their ultrasonic bath. Not exactly straight on both stones, but still pretty!

_12897.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
Love them! I've been thinking about resetting my studs into bezels for a while now. After seeing yours I want to even more!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
So nice! And the diamonds look really well cut too, they look great on your ears!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
wow the originals were so thick i love the new setting they are just gorg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful pair of studs!! Great reset. Your jeweller did a marvelous job.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kalomeli|1387702420|3579014 said:
They look amazing! :love: :love: Great improvement!

Thanks! I was nervous to mess with them again but it paid off!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results