shape
carat
color
clarity

best prongs for a princess cut

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
I've always seen threads on RB prongs, 4 or 6 prongs? How about on princess cuts? How to decide, L shape, claw, bullet, rounded corners....

I know that prongs can make a big difference on stone appearance, how about as far as protecting the stone (from chipping)?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think princess cuts usually have the prongs that protect the corners-I haven't really seen a lot of variation

Matthewmon

Rough_Rock
i've seen v prongs and claw......anybody have pictures of the other types I would love to see them to help me choose also?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I have just a basic round prong. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the v shaped ones. I've never had a chipped corner and I've had my ring for 9 years. You can see my pic in my avatar.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Thanks LizzyAnn ~ I'm considering rounded prongs. I would like to change mine, the ones I have now are too sharp, I even scratched (minor) my son's face with it :(

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
That sucks. I will tell you that I have a 17 month old and I have never scratched him with my ring. Can you post pics of your ring? I'd love to see it!!!!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I have claw prongs and never had an issue w/ a chip or the stone becoming loose.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Snooper ~ thanks, love, love your ring! Maybe someday my 2 carats will grow up to be as big as yours :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results