shape
carat
color
clarity

Be still my heart...3.62 OEC from Jbeg in the Julia

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I have been working with Grace for over a year figuring out what my dream ring is, and bless her heart, she had the patience to deal with me. I ended up purchasing Grace's 3.62 L VS1 OEC, it is a beautiful early cut OEC. I absolutely love the huge chunky facets, large culet, and wonkiness! It truely is a chameleon, going from ivory to white depending on the lighting.

Once we figured out what diamond, then it was on to deciding on a setting. I always had a soft spot in my heart for the Julia setting, it is so sleek and elegant. Luckily, I was able work with both Erica and Grace to sneak in an order for the Julia setting(plat) before they stopped doing custom work.

Without further ado, the pictures......

making_her_debut.jpg

resize2.jpg

_540.jpg

resize4.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! It looks huge on your finger! I'm sure it was well worth the wait!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, upgrade!

M2B, thank you, it defintely was worth the wait! I am actually shocked at how large it looks on my hand, I was expecting my size 8 fingers to dwarf it. I was pleasently surprised at how large it looked when I put it on, I guess not wearing a ring for several months will do that to a girl's perspective!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friend!!! The Facet Pattern is AMAZING :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I love your new ring!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congrats!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, VERY beautiful!!! :love: :appl: You must be thrilled to finally have it in it's perfect setting!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, starrynight, I think the setting and diamond were made for each other!

Skippy, hi friend!!!! :wavey: Thanks for joining in my excitement, I am over the moon with it! The faceting pattern is fun, isn't it? I am kind of loving the randomness of it. lol.

DS, thank you!!! I haven't stopped staring at my finger since I got it-except for taking pictures for PS. ;))

Thanks, backwardsandinheels, the patience did certainly pay off! I am pretty sure I would have waited another year if need be, this ring is perfect for me!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I LOVE the pictures where the culet is like "look at me!"
Your ring is absolutely beautiful!!!!!! You must be a saint if you could wait a year to get this ring! I would have probably died waiting!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yippee, armywife, I'm so happy your ring is here!!!! YA HOOOOOOO!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

It is out of this world gorgeous!! Love the colour - there are a few where you can see the 'buttery tones' and then it's amazingly BRIGHT white - all of a sudden!! Its gorgeous (oh... repeating myself!!) and the size is - holy CHIT - stunning!!! Yowzahs! it looks just perfect on your hand - perfect!!!

I love the Julia setting - lucky you getting one in under the wire - its just the most perfect combination for your STUNNING new diamond! And holy cow, bless your heart, for the long wait :halo: :saint: :halo: You ARE a saint for waiting! - oh... but what a worthwhile little pretty to have to wait for! Well done, armywife, WELL DONE!!!

LOVE IT!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Amysbling, Yaytacori, and Enerchi!!!

YT, I love the visible culet too! I wanted a large culet so that I could see it on a daily basis without having to loupe...what can I say, I think culets are cute. ;))

E, I have to say, I am loving your enthusiasm!!!! :appl: haha. It really is crazy how much the visual color of the diamond changes in different lighting. In indoor diffused lighting and the shade outside it will show a buttery or ivory color. In overhead lighting or outside in the sun it looks white as can be. That combined with the chunky facets and the stone picking up colors around it, makes it very entertaining to watch. I am so glad that I was able to get the Julia, too. Seeing the completed ring confirms my thoughts that the Julia bezel was THE setting for this OEC. It doesn't show in large pictures, but the setting is impossibly delicate in person. :love: :love: :love:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh YAY!!! It's here!!! It's totally gorgeous and you picked the perfect setting for that beautiful stone of yours. Congratulations. :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Armywife, you are going to be up all night taking pics of this baby!!! IN the closet, in the bathroom, in the kitchen, in the garage, by candlelight... :lol: It is so beautiful! click away and keep posting pics - there's nothing like being super excited and wanting to share your joy and your treasure with friends who appreciate it!!! (and those would be US here on PS - we really appreciate it!!) :bigsmile:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Moly that is one blingtastic ring. The long wait was well worth it. It is stunning. Wear it in good health!!!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Elisateach and Snicklefritz!!!!! :bigsmile:

SparklyOEC, thanks, I think they look great together, too! Btw, any update on a ring for you???

Enerchi, in a perfect world I would have a few hundred perfect pictures from all different lighting settings ready to upload. Unfortunately my crazy 2 year old daughter is not game for mommy having diamond and camera time. haha. I will probably be doing some more tonight and tomorrow though, I am obsessed with this baby! Actually, I can do a few photos for my ring's first trip on Saturday, too. We are traveling about 2 hours south to Panama City Beach to possibly adopt a dog, so I may be able to swing by and get some beach shots. Is it ridiculous that I am planning photo shoots for my ring and not my daughter? Worst parent award.... :-o Lol.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
No you are NOT the worst parent!!! I was recently looking for a family photo to send to a friend... and I realized I had more diamond ring shots than any of our family ... I had to go back to Christmas to find some!! so - there you go - I'm worse than you!! :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh armywife, I am sooooo thrilled that you finally have your gorgeous ring on your finger!!!! :appl: It is absolutely stunning, and looks amazing (and huge!) on your hand, what a special, special piece - Just so happy for you, you must go crazy every time you look down at it - this is so exciting!!! :love: :love: :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi, at least I know I am not alone! :lol:

Junebug17, thank you! I am still a little bit surprised every time I look down and see it! It is definitely a view I can get used to, though. ;))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Army wife!!! :twirl: it is truly spectacular! Such a beauty! Your setting is my favorite setting! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Armywife- your new ring is TDF!!! Absolutely stunning!! :love: It looks amazing on your finger- wear in health and happiness!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results