shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Traded-My New 2-Carat WF Pendant! (LM Left Over)

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I know - the horror of it! A LM setting left over! :-o So my new pendant is done and due to arrive tomorrow! I just received some gorgeous photos from Becca Eastman at WF.

Here is a link to my original post, To Sell or To Trade Up: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...o-trade-up-with-a-lm-setting-leftover.147446/.

Here is a link to diamond specs: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2275576.htm

In brief - amidst much drama, I decided to trade in my Asscher for a RB and have a pendant made. The LM micro pave split shank ring setting is getting a CZ for now, either to wear, or for future sale with a consignor or on eBay - haven't decided yet. I will get the ring back from WF separately.

As always, it's been a pleasure working with Traci and Vera. The WF trade-in policy is unbeatable and the trade-in was easy. Can't wait until tomorrow! Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do! :love:

Pendant 09.01.10a-no logo.jpg

Pendant 09.01.10b-no logo.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Re: Asscher Traded-My New 2-Carat WF Pendant! (LM Left Over

Holy moly that's gorgeous!! I can't wait to see neckshots!

What about putting a colored stone in your LM?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

B.E.G. said:
Holy moly that's gorgeous!! I can't wait to see neckshots!

What about putting a colored stone in your LM?
Thanks BEG. I haven't lost all of my pregnancy weight yet, so I'm a little self-conscious about my neck, but I'll try to take some good photos.

I'm kinda funny about colored stones - I prefer them with diamond side-stones. For me, the LM micro-pave is a great complement to a diamond, but not blingy enough for a colored stone. I guess I'm funny that way. If the setting were to have had some step-cut traps, I would have stuck a colored stone in it immediately!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful!!! I'm glad that you made a decision that you are at peace with :appl:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

oranges said:
Beautiful!!! I'm glad that you made a decision that you are at peace with :appl:
Thanks oranges. My husband has been swell about the whole thing - he even paid for the new setting. I'm so glad to have something on its way that will have some meaning for me and that I'll wear.

bebe

Ideal_Rock

Oh, can't wait to see your own pics, I know it will be gorgeous.
beautiful stone!

(I have an ACA in the same setting, wear it every day )

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

bebe said:
Oh, can't wait to see your own pics, I know it will be gorgeous.
beautiful stone!

(I have an ACA in the same setting, wear it every day )
Thanks Bebe. Has the setting been durable for you? I'm a little nervous....

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock

WOW! WOW! WOW! It's beautiful!!! I'm so happy this all worked out for you and you'll be have a gorgeous piece to enjoy and wear whenever you please! Take lots of pictures when it arrives. Woo hoo!!! EXCITING STUFF!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I cannot wait to see how that baby looks on you. If it wasn't for the Dancing Fire element, I'd say we needed a real-life perspective thread for pendants to go with the ones on earrings and rings ....

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock

oh man, I'm so happy everything's working out for you. I can't wait for the neck shots. Congrats!!!! :appl:

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful diamond.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That will be one stunning pendant - can't wait to see it on you. So glad things worked out for you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks gorgeous, can't wait to see more pics!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, it's beautiful! And two carats to boot! :naughty:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous stone! Can we get some neck pics when you get it? I dont think I've seen neck pics of a 2 carater before!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock

GORGEOUS!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

starryeyed said:
I know - the horror of it! A LM setting left over! :-o So my new pendant is done and due to arrive tomorrow! I just received some gorgeous photos from Becca Eastman at WF.

Here is a link to my original post, To Sell or To Trade Up: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...o-trade-up-with-a-lm-setting-leftover.147446/.

Here is a link to diamond specs: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2275576.htm

Can't wait to see neck shots!!!

As for the stone, I clicked on the link and the price said $1.00 - it's $0.95 if you wire it over - Heck, I'll take 10 of those at that price! :lol:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

Thanks septsparkle, circe, missydebby, oddoneout, MissGotRocks, Catmom, Lalla, tyty, puffy, and Yimmers! Yes, I WISH it were 98 cents!

So I haven't been able to get many good shots. Here are 2 pictures for now. My camera is on the fritz, so these are taken with my phone. Does it look like 2 carats?? I think I have DSS already. Hee-hee!

2.008 Pendant3.jpg

2.008 Pendant2.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

It's huge and gorgeous!!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

Ok, so I tried the pendant on and it's flipping forward! :(sad I emailed WF and Vera was very nice about it. She suggested i wear it for a few days and see what I think.

It seems to me that the pendant isn't balanced from front to back - I'm attaching a picture that shows the diamond hangs forward on its own. Vera suggested that it could be flipping forward when it sticks to my skin - I guess she's had that experience with her pendant. She was thinking about putting her pendant on a bail so it could slide.

What do you think? Would that help? Or would it be sufficient to move the loops that attach to the chain further forward (up the prong) so the pendant is balanced? I really don't want rabbit ears. Is thee a way of making a bail without them? HELP!

Diamond tipping1.jpg

mariel

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful!!!! I had the same flipping issue with a 4 prong diamond pendant so I had to re-set it into a bezel setting and have not had any issues. Hope they find you a fix because that diamond & setting is delish!

BTW, I'll be on the lookout on EBAY for your LM setting ;-)

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous!!!!

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It sure is gorgeous! Yes, before you go and offer your LM setting on ebay, give us a head start here please! LOL!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock

maikeru said:
Beautiful!!!! I had the same flipping issue with a 4 prong diamond pendant so I had to re-set it into a bezel setting and have not had any issues. Hope they find you a fix because that diamond & setting is delish!

The only pendant that I have heard of that won't flip is the BGD barbara pendant, which is bezel set. Your necklace is just stunning-- I keep coming back to look at it! I can't believe that you own a 2 carat PENDANT :shock: :love:

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

Stunning!!!!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

oranges said:
maikeru said:

The only pendant that I have heard of that won't flip is the BGD barbara pendant, which is bezel set. Your necklace is just stunning-- I keep coming back to look at it! I can't believe that you own a 2 carat PENDANT :shock: :love:
Thanks maikeru. I'm doing as Vera suggested and wearing it to determine if the flipping is going to be a problem. Today it's been occasional - not worth switching to a bezel for me. It seems to flip when it sticks to my skin - like if it's hot. When my skin is cool, it's better. I saw that BGD Barbara pendant - it's very unique and nice.

I agree oranges - I can hardly believe I have a 2-carat pendant. I tried to get a smaller one, but I would have had to come out of pocket a lot more for a smaller diamond with higher color and clarity. I wanted to stick with an ACA - it's really a beautiful stone. :love:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

yennyfire said:
It sure is gorgeous! Yes, before you go and offer your LM setting on ebay, give us a head start here please! LOL!
Thanks Cachette, princessplease, and yennyfire! Not sure how to give a heads up. WF still has it currently. ::)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It's gorgeous!

Now, I've done a little stalking of you - have you ever posted pics of your ering?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

athenaworth said:
It's gorgeous!

Now, I've done a little stalking of you - have you ever posted pics of your ering?
Thanks athenaworth! You're so funny! No - I haven't posted e-ring photos, nor wedding band photos. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results