shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Asscher tension- coming my way, soon :-) :-)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I am too excited to wait till I get the ring to tell PSer's... So, here is the story first.

A tax refund (an Australian term that means money coming back to me after submitting a tax return), is coming my way!!!!! Happy dance, happy dance!!!!

So, I thought I would buy something nice for me. There has been one ring that I have always loved...and so does my husband!

http://www.canturi.com/#/standard/0/1/182

It has a huge price tag which we both can't justify. It was my all time dream ring, but given the price tag, I prefer to have a few statement pieces. That ring has become my husband's favourite ring. He has never been into diamonds, until i showed that ring to him!

I have been searching for a while to increase my diamond collection :D :D :D :D . There are a few projects that i am working on..... There is one ring that literally popped out of the screen when i was (re)searching on the internet: it is the Asscher tension ring that Kenny has; thanx for the inspiration. I have been dealing with my jeweller on the east coast (I'm on the west coast of Australia), and we have found the Asscher!!! I have seen the Asscher and let me tell you it sparkles as much as an Asscher can; I love it. It was sitting next to a RB and it was shining brighter than that....well, may be i am a bit biased....The ring is getting set and can't wait for it sit on my RH, next to the Russian wedding ring. (I have a broken knuckle on my left hand and the Russian wedding ring doesn't look right on that finger; it makes the broken knuckle look even bigger, so it sits on my right hand)

Once i get it, which may be 2 weeks away, I will be taking photos to share...

Soooo, excited.... I play words with friends, and there is an ad that comes up that says gems, and the step cut on there reminds me of the asscher and i just get more me excited.... 2 weeks is a long time.......

Till then....

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: Fantastic, Greg! you have a plan - woo hoo - and a diamond - double double WOO HOO!!! :appl:

Very excited for the next 2 weeks to be over and we can see the new beauty - and as for that Canturi one --- DAH-ROOL!!! Oh, I love that! THe symmetry and step cuts, its like a mini jigsaw puzzle, all perfecty fitting together :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1349529059|3280490 said:
:appl: Fantastic, Greg! you have a plan - woo hoo - and a diamond - double double WOO HOO!!! :appl:

Very excited for the next 2 weeks to be over and we can see the new beauty - and as for that Canturi one --- DAH-ROOL!!! Oh, I love that! THe symmetry and step cuts, its like a mini jigsaw puzzle, all perfecty fitting together :appl:

THanx!!

If we win Lotto, we will be at the Canturi store buying one each!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting!!! :appl: I have always loved Kenny's ring and think you'll be very pleased!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I just got the call from the jeweller and they have now sent the ring!!! it should get to me by tomorrow's mail!!!! Perfect timing as Saturday is my birthday!!!

I got them to take a few photos for me so that i can drool (and share).. :love: :love: I will get hand shots for PSers, tomorrow night!!!

This ring is based on Kenny's Asscher Tension ring (i hope you dont mind Kenny :oops: ), with a slight modification. The jeweller added the bar under the diamond to ensure that the asscher has no chance of slipping/ falling out, so technically it is not a tension setting. I feel more comfortable with the idea that it protects the asscher.

I cant wait for tomorrow's mail. Do you think i am going to sleep tonight?????

img_2959__2_0.jpg

img_2962__1_0.jpg

Reactions: AV_

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :love: :love:

Looks awesome! I'm excited for you and what a fantastic birthday present - hurry up hand shots !!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I've been waiting for you to update your thread! I can't wait for you to have it in your hands! And I'm so excited for hand shots!! Tomorrow needs to come faster!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Mr Postman......Karen Carpenter

Did not sleep well. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: ... in anticipation!!!!! i think i will go shopping today.. to keep me occupied while waiting for the parcel. :-o :-o :errrr: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

the courier is going to my brother's work place and he has specific instructions to call me the minute it arrives!!!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

gregchang35 said:
Hey, Mr Postman......Karen Carpenter

Did not sleep well. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: ... in anticipation!!!!! i think i will go shopping today.. to keep me occupied while waiting for the parcel. :-o :-o :errrr: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

the courier is going to my brother's work place and he has specific instructions to call me the minute it arrives!!!!!
It's today?! Ahhh!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
waiting... waiting...

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Ok Fellow PSers

Here are the hand shots:

I took a few of them but these are the 2 best shots for this evening. Now, for a bit of fun: i have to decide how to wear it with my other rings.. Will post a poll about it, so i can get help... hehehehehehe.

p1010779.jpg

p1010758.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Details of the ring:

Metal: 18ct White Gold
Ring size:razz: (Australian size) about a 7.75 US size.

Asscher/ Square emerald cut Total depth: 70.3%
5.52mm x 5.36mm x 3.77mm Table size: 68%
Ratio: 1.02 Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick
Carat: 1.00 Culet: None
Colour: E Polish: Excellent
Clarity: VVS2 Symmetry: Very Good
Flourescence: None

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is divine!!! :love: :love: :love:

I need more pictures, please!! :wavey:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliment...

I will try tomorrow morning as tonight is not going to happen: the lighting has gone and only have fluoro lights or spot lights :(

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I'll wait.......................it'll be worth it! ;)) :bigsmile:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Great ring Greg! Can't wait to see more pics :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring Greg!!! Kenny's and Kenny's SO's are two of my favourites too :love:

Thanks for the closeups - especially the profile pic, profiles are the best part of tension settings, that unobstructed view of the stone :sun:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Here are more hand and other pics!!!!!! There is limit of 4!! so lots of posts!!!

The light was great and the diamond beautiful, which made the cameras auto-focus go crazy!!! It was also really difficult to take a photo with your left hand, esp when you are a right hander....So, forgive my lack of skill. i think one of these photos show off the windmills a lot :loopy: :loopy:

p1010784.jpg

p1010796.jpg

p1010797.jpg

p1010807.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

Your ring is amazing! So sleek!! :appl: :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

The pics are awesome!!! Good golly those steps make my heart go pitter patter!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results