shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone with smaller stone u prong bands? 3-4pointers?

susiecee

Rough_Rock
I am looking to have a ring my dad made me out of my mom's diamonds when I was younger into my wedding band.
There are 11 stones. Each measuring 2.2-2.4mm (3-4pt). I am looking to create a u prong band and would purchase additional stones to add to it so that it's 3/4 band with diamonds.

My only concern is that I don't know what it would look like. It seems most people who have posted their u prong bands are on the larger side. How would something smaller like mine look?

Please share thank you!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there!

I'm surprised your post fell to the second page. I think there are quite a few of us who have smaller u-prong bands. I don't have exactly what you're looking for, but here you go anyway. Hopefully it gives you some idea?

Mine is a 7 stone band made up of 7 (I think? Could be 8 pointers). My engagement ring is a .51 G VS2.

My rings are filthy, sorry. I used to clean them obsessively and then I had a baby so now just wearing rings is enough of an achievement. :loopy:

img_11672.jpg

img_11673.jpg

img_11674.jpg

img_11675.jpg

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
...and this is what it looks like next to another 7 stone band made up of 7 pointers (or 8 pointers. I should look it up at some point, lol).

This was my official wedding band but I didn't like the side view so I had the u-prong made. Definitely prefer the look of the u-prong. ;-)

Top down they look identical, and with 11 stones, it'll probably give way more finger coverage, so perhaps look at 3-4 pointer eternity bands with engagement rings similar to yours to give you an idea of what it'll look like top down? :)

Do come back and show us your band when you get it back - I'd love to see it! :)

img_11676.jpg

img_11677.jpg

img_11678.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they're pretty made in any stone weight. Mine will have twenty pointers, but I've seen them made in the size you're asking about and they're just as beautiful. I found out from trying on my friend Annette's (the original Annette U-Prong Eternity) and from trying on plenty of samples, that it's a very comfortable, easy setting to wear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results