shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Size 9s with a 1 ct round out there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
My best friend and her boyfriend are researching engagement rings and have decided that a 1 ct round fits into their budget well. She has a size nine finger and wondered if it would look "too small." Is there anyone out there who has a size nine and 1 ct round that is willing to post some pics?
THANKS!!
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just gotta say that the relative size of diamond to finger is skewed online IME. In person it isn''t as strong and a carat is a carat and looks more the same than online where a woman with a size 3 and a 1 carat looks THE SAME as me with a 4 carat LOL But in person a 4 carat is still a 4 carat and a 1 carat is NOTHING to sneeze at no matter what size you wear :) A 1 carat diamond is never too small.

Yeah but take this with a grain of salt because I wear an 8+ and I don''t like anything under 7.5-8mm on my finger LOL I look at colored gems and think wow, I need like 5 carats because I just think big stones look better on my hands. I can "get away with more and dainty feminine things look tiny and ridiculous to my eyes even when they look beautiful on other hands LOL

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
I have a size 8.5 - 9 finger. My ring is a size 9. The first picture is before we mounted our 1.02 carat diamond into it''s permanent custom setting. The second picture is my whole hairy crocodile skinned hand wearing the new ring (I do intend to eventually wax the knuckle hair, so please don''t point it out
2.gif
9.gif
23.gif
)

I think the key to making any stone look larger on any size hand is to keep the band fairly thin (like 2mm). And/or to halo the stone. While I love my heavier custom setting from Quest, my teal tourmaline stone is going into a thinner band for an RHR. I am very confident that this will look good on my larger hands. HTH
35.gif

jensringhand1.jpg

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i know its not a 1 ct but heres my .50 my then ring size was a 9 its now a loose 8.5

sorry its so small......

th_DSC03800.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s some kind of chart around somewhere (that I can''t find for the life of me right now) that shows you the relative size of a stone on different size fingers.

Mine is a .81 cushion (so about length but not width of a .75 round) and I think it''s a perfect size for my finger (6). I would think that a 1 carat round (rounds face up well for carat weight) on a size 9 finger would be great.

If she really wants to push the size up a bit she could go for an oval. They face up bigger than rounds generally!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a 8 1/2, my center stone is 1 ct...see my avatar...I have yet to figure out how to post pictures...lol.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2007 8:10:26 PM
Author: neatfreak
There''s some kind of chart around somewhere (that I can''t find for the life of me right now) that shows you the relative size of a stone on different size fingers.

Mine is a .81 cushion (so about length but not width of a .75 round) and I think it''s a perfect size for my finger (6). I would think that a 1 carat round (rounds face up well for carat weight) on a size 9 finger would be great.

If she really wants to push the size up a bit she could go for an oval. They face up bigger than rounds generally!
I''d love to see this chart! Was it posted here on PS?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 2:06:16 PM
Author: metro
Date: 4/28/2007 8:10:26 PM

Author: neatfreak

There's some kind of chart around somewhere (that I can't find for the life of me right now) that shows you the relative size of a stone on different size fingers.
I'd love to see this chart! Was it posted here on PS?
Ooh ooh me too! That sounds very interesting. The only similar chart I've seen is the diamond size chart (from amazon.com I think), but that's just different shapes and their size at different carat weights (I used this prior to our e-ring purchase and now that I have my ring, I don't think it was all that accurate
3.gif
)

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the chart you were talking about?

Chart

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, that''s the one I''ve seen/have, I''m hoping this fabled chart of the same carat size on different fingers truly exists.....
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 2:40:34 PM
Author: oshinbreez
Is this the chart you were talking about?

Chart

No that''s not it. And I do believe I saw it here on PS. I wish I had saved it. It was a chart that had the carat sizes (I think) on one side and the finger sizes on the other. It then showed a percent that told you what the difference in "size" was depending on the finger size.

I can''t find it for the LIFE of me though, but it was really fascinating. I''ll keep looking!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I FOUND IT!!! Thanks to Valeria who originally posted it. Here are the details:

Here''s the crazy math: when % values are matched for two different ring sizes, that means that the corresponding diamond weights look proportionslly similar on the respective fingers (say, 1.5 cts on a size 7 ring and 0.75cts on a size 3 ring look proportionslly the same: the stone''s diameter is exactly 40% of the ring''s )

RBCSizeOn6742Finger.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Neatfreak for digging out that chart, it is very interesting to see those proportions relative to size.

olyelr

Rough_Rock
So, as far as the chart goes... my .71 carat on my size 6.25 should 'look' the same as a 1ct on a size 9. Maybe it's the bezel or the band but I think it's nice on the finger size. Just for a comparison.
hope it helps.
Also, since mine is a princess it should look 'smaller'. I think a 1 ct would be beautiful on a size 9 finger. sorry, didn't notice you were just looking for rounds until now....

kkring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results