shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Antique diamond earring modification project completed!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ya'll.
I am excited to tell you that my project of modifying my OMC earrings is now complete. I took a leap of faith with the jeweler
that I used.I only laid out stones with him and explained that I wanted my earrings movable and stones set in milgrain bezels to match the original earring set in platinum. The earrings had been made from the two ends of an antique brooch that my husband bought for a big birthday for me at an antique show. I had not been wearing them much because they were hidden behind my hair when I did wear them. My son will be getting married in November and I thought it would be great to make them special for this occasion. I was able to find someone local who had a good enough selection of old stones to complete the project.He said his bench person was great and so I trusted him.

We added the 3.91tcw top stones tcw 1.09
eight .15 - .20 stones 1.575 tcw
bottom dangles 1.25 tcw

They are just under 2.5" long and 5/8" at their widest point.
I am really really happy how they came out. I almost made them into a necklace at one point. Boy am I glad I continued to draw different ideas and keep a folder. Yay! Hope you like them! I will show the before and after pictures.

20130423_0.jpg

20130515_172257.jpg

20130515_172636.jpg

20130515_172733.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful :love: Enjoy!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow! They really turned out great!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HOLY CRAP THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W :love: w!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Those are a dream! I just love it!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Just breathtaking! It's a fabulous conversion that has worked really well!!

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
Wow, truly one of a kind. They are gorgeous - love love love!

Enjoy wearing them both at your son's wedding but also every other chance you get!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful and super elegant!! Great project! :appl: :appl: :appl:

hippipixi

Rough_Rock
Stunning earrings and what a fabulous way to turn an antique brooch into something more wearable!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you !! for all of your positive responses
To gemtastic, woofmama, Rosbloom, Athena, April baby, mowtownmama, Yenny fire, IE Princess, Sarabear, two little birds,
globalmujer, Von03, DiaDiva misskittycat, Rosa, Kalomeli, Alex T, hippi pixie

heididdl I am not sure of the original carat weight of each brooch end earring. I do know the center OMC is about 1.25 ct about K color.

Noniemarie The earrings are not too heavy I am happy to say. I was so afraid that they would be. He took off the omega backs which were yellow gold and all other backing and used very delicate bezels. They feel wonderful on . I also had him put the post on the bottom of the top diamond bezel and I have the large round back to take any pressure off of my ear.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Amazing! The work is so fine, they look like true vintage, like this is how they were always meant to be. They look stunning on you, congrats! :love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular! Those are crazy beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results