shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Asscher ring by CVB Inspired Design

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring has to go down in the hall of fame. I expect more than a few "inspired by" pieces will eventually come down the line! Congratulations on this true beauty!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness it is PERFECTION! Love everything about it, especially the wonderful PS circle of giving/helping find diamonds :) It's such a classic and timeless design, I hope you love it always!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks for your kind comments m2b, JoCoJenn, pinkjewel, foxinsox, Sandeek, GeorgieQ, MissGotRocks, Asscherhalo lover, and lovedogs!!!

That's a good idea to take a picture of this ring with the AVR. They face up similar in size. Will try to get a picture tomorrow!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OMG so THIS is the project you have been working on with Caysie?!?!?!1 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

This ring is unbelievable, a billion more pictures please!!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moles that is an absolutely STUNNING ring, DS!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and ring DS! I thought that your project with Caysie was a new setting for your AVR! :lol: This looks so perfect on your hand. Enjoy wearing that beauty :appl:

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I was eagerly waiting for your reveal after you mentioned in other threads that you were working with Caysie on something.

This ring is just stunning and looks right at home on your hand! I love all your rings, they are all unique and gorgeous! :love:

Looking forward to more pictures.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. The setting really complements the exquisite asscher.

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
DS,

This is such a lovely ring :love: :love: . It looks great on your hand, and you have another ring for your "inheritance" collection. :saint: :D

Wear it...and LOVE IT!!! Hugs to you!

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Diamondseeker, That ring is absolutely stunning! I am mesmerized by the stone and the setting is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. Wear it in good health. It's a beauty!

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Omg!!! That is such a beauty!!
Well done to all parties that made it happen for you DS. Congrats DS on achieving this beautiful piece.

That K colour looks amazing!!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie has made another knockout ring for you. This is just fabulous!! I love the little culet and the slight warmth to the K. It's very clean for an SI too! More photos please :D :D

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: love it!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an amazing stone and a beautiful ring design!!! I adore the cut on the stone and the glow that it has. It also really does handle the color well and faces up very nice and white. I love the story of the diamond too, I have a similar story for my rhr oec that I recently acquired from a wonderful sparkly friend.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, that is perfection! :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring!!! Caysie did an amazing job and the two of you managed to let your ring come out even more beautiful compared to the inspiration ring. Please post a lot more pics of this beauty :appl:
Both the stone as well as the setting are so refined and beautiful. I love the detailing, like the prongs, the beautiful frenchies, the impeccable milgrain...

Enjoy wearing your ring :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. :love: :love: :love:

Gorgeous ring and setting. Stunning in every way. Just like the PSer who is wearing her. And I love the backstory too. Meant to be for you DS. :appl:

Another beautiful piece to add to your amazing collection. :love:
Wear her in health and happiness. :appl:

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful! Lucky you! The halo would have been too much.... it's perfect the way you did it. Enjoy!! :clap: :clap:

P

PierreBear

Beautiful ring and thank you for sharing the story as well. Meant to be worn by you! Congratulations and enjoy for many years to come!

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OH EM GEE :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Wowza it is GORGEOUS. Swoon! What an incredible piece

DS, a question for you - which I hope you hear with curiosity rather than offense.
I am a longtime reader and I recall that in the past you had said that 2ct or so was what you felt was your "maximum size" and even struggled at first with the size of your spectacular AVR. How does this new asscher feel? I realize it doesn't face up as large as a 2.7 ct MRB, but still is a substantial stone!

Also, I think I can speak for others when I say more photos please! Between 50 and 1 million would do.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thank you for your very nice comments dolly, sweetpea, Bonfire,Boom, OwiesNana, bettymac, ElleElle, greg, mochiko, acebruin, goldenfire, lknvrb4, Acinom, Missy, upgradingmama, PierreBear, and tuckie! It means a lot to me that my PS friends like this ring.

I will post a couple of pictures with the AVR sometime today!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuckie|1483026844|4110358 said:
OH EM GEE :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Wowza it is GORGEOUS. Swoon! What an incredible piece

DS, a question for you - which I hope you hear with curiosity rather than offense.
I am a longtime reader and I recall that in the past you had said that 2ct or so was what you felt was your "maximum size" and even struggled at first with the size of your spectacular AVR. How does this new asscher feel? I realize it doesn't face up as large as a 2.7 ct MRB, but still is a substantial stone!

Also, I think I can speak for others when I say more photos please! Between 50 and 1 million would do.

That's a great question and I am happy to answer! There are two factors. I feel like step cuts are more subtle than brilliant cuts and OEC cuts, so I can stretch a tiny bit on size. The antique asscher is also set lower than the AVR is currently set, and that makes a difference in appearance, too. The asscher's face up size is just a tiny bit larger than the AVR and I can see the size difference, but it is slight. These are my maximum size, though. Many people would rather have one larger diamond rather than two smaller ones, but I could not comfortably go larger, plus I have two daughters and wanted to have a nice ring for each. I torment myself because sometimes I think I should sell the larger diamonds and just make them rings with about 1.5 ct stones because that would be more wearable in their worlds, but after getting this asscher ring, I doubt I could give it up! Many times I have considering trading the AVR for a smaller one, but next to the asscher, it looks comparable in size. People, including my daughters, say to enjoy my jewelry myself and not worry about what they'd want, and I suppose that is true that later on in life they'd be able to wear the larger stones. I was just worried that my rings would be a lot larger than their engagement rings and I am not wild about that part. It was easier to think about trading the AVR before I got this new ring! I'll post pics of both rings in a bit!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I'm typing this from the grave because I am dead. Keeled over. That ring did me in. Jaw-dropping doesn't even begin to cover it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a couple of quick pics of the 2.3 ct AVR with the 2.7 ct asscher...

2016-12-29_10.jpg

2016-12-29_0.jpg

2016-12-29_1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wildcat03|1483032438|4110383 said:
I'm typing this from the grave because I am dead. Keeled over. That ring did me in. Jaw-dropping doesn't even begin to cover it.

Awww, so sweet, thank you, wildcat!!! I owe a lot to Caysie because she is just an incredible designer! The stone was a rare one, and it needed a special setting and she delivered big time!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Love the comparison pics!!!
Love the asscher!!!! And the AVR; but my love for step cuts hopes to see you wear the asscher more!!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love, love, love how this turned out DS!! That stone is so special and spectacular all on its own. Antique elegance!!!! Congratulations on such a beautiful piece!!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I would have such a hard time choosing which one to wear!
Exquisite. Once again.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just completely delicious! Congrats to you on this piece. It must have been meant for you - it was kismet!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results