shape
carat
color
clarity

A very special bday present

tannet

Shiny_Rock
My 30th birthday was last month and my mom gave me one of my grandmother's cocktail rings. My sister took the ring to her jeweler to have it sized and cleaned for me. I just picked it up from her today. I think it is a beautiful ring and I am honored to have it. The diamonds definitely are not perfect. There are 3 stones with very visible black inclusions, but it has sentimental value to me so I love it even with it's flaws! The setting is white gold, but it has turned to a very faint yellow, which I find very pretty. My grandmother also had a pair of matching earrings. Unfortunately, she broke up the set and gave them to my aunt. :nono: Maybe you can all help me come up with a plan to trick her into letting me have them.... :naughty:

If anyone can date this ring for me, or provide any other insight, I would greatly appreciate it. My grandmother passed when I was only 4 and my mom can't remember when she obtained this ring. Apparently, she had a lot of beautiful jewelry! All we know for sure is that it was purchased in the Philippines, definitely before the 70's. Well, enjoy the pics! I apologize for the poor lighting.

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't help with info I'm afraid, but what a lovely treasure for a birthday gift ::)

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lke a ring fit for a princess :appl: And it's so wonderful that it also carries such sentimental value... That's a perfect birthday gift ::) Wear it in good health...

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet gift! It looks like a lovely setting. I can't offer any insight either, but it's a treasure!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the gallery on it! Hmmm...maybe next time your with your Aunt you should mention how nice it would
be to wear the whole set together....dont hold your breath though!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love it, especially the profile! What a very special gift!!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I highly doubt I can convince my aunt to give up the earrings. So don't worry Tyty...I won't hold my breath. She has 2 daughters of her own to pass them down to...and 2 granddaughters too!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I think its beautiful. I have an old ring that has a visible flaw in the diamond and I don't love it any less.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this is just so pretty, I love all of the intricate details in the setting, just beautiful!! How nice you have such a special piece to remember your grandmother by.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
It's hard to tell without even closer-up closeups, but it allllllmost looks like those are much older diamonds (OMCs?) in a somewhat more modern setting. I'm more familiar with American & European antique designs, but if I had to guess I'd think it's somewhere around '40s-'50s in terms of setting style. But, it is pretty unusual/unique so that's absolutely a guess.

ETA, no I think I'm wrong about the diamonds being older, and those are round brilliants. The table on at least one is large, RB size. So nevermind! That they are round brilliants would date it most likely post WWII at the very least.

tannet

Shiny_Rock
I was surprised to see this thread resurrected. Thanks LGK for the info. I suspected that it is pretty old. I wonder if it would be worth it to have it appraised??

Thanks to everyone else for the kind compliments! I'll try to take some more pics this weekend when I do a photo shoot with my e-ring.

tannet

Shiny_Rock
As requested, I snapped some more photos of this ring. Enjoy!

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results