shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW A humble inheritance.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Before now, I haven't had the privilege of inheriting jewelry that has been passed down through my family... and I can't really foresee it happening again in the future. So I was really excited and honored when my dad let me have the remains of my Grandmother's engagement ring.

The center diamond was taken out and is used in my mother's engagement ring (it's taken a hard beating somehow and looks like broken glass under a loupe).

Here is her white gold setting, damaged from the removal of the diamonds:
top_1.jpg

And her side baguettes.
gmadiamong.jpg
A humble inheritance.

I admit that I do not know much about diamonds (I am usually on the colored stone side of PriceScope and colored gems is where my knowledge lies). I believe they are nice quality. They are really white and sparkly. Eyeclean and loupe clean (as far as any debris or black spots). I don't know how to judge clarity other than that.

I wanted to turn the littles into something that I could wear and enjoy. I commissioned Daniel M to make it. I sent in a drawing of an idea and from that we decided to make a bypass ring with a touch of milgrain.

Here is the result! I wish I could capture the sparkle, but I am a n00b at diamond picture taking.

Their lovely picture:
il_fullxfull_3.jpg

My attempts:
2_75.jpg
3_54.jpg
6_21.jpg

I will be showing my dad the ring tonight. I am really excited. :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: now *THAT* is one super cool ring!! what a neat design!! Did DanielM make it?? looks like their photography.

So clever and what a wonderful way to use baguettes - wow - I'm loving that ring!!! Hope your dad is just as pleased with the outcome!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so love that you did that Agneau - it is unique and such a fine way to honor your grandmother.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I'm sure your grandmother is smiling down on you and that little piece of her you are now wearing. What did your dad say when he saw the ring?
I worked with DanielM on a little colored stone project last month. One of there stock offerings, with just a twist. Such a great experience, I'd love to work with them on a design 'from the ground up' some day.

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
i. puffy. heart. love. it! i actually have a pair of bullets that's similar in size to yours, and i've spent a long time pondering what to do with it. i would love to do something similar. thanks for sharing.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how sweet! Thats really beautiful, i bet your dad loves it too

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is a fabulous ring! I am a huge fan of bypass rings and have been researching that style for months. I considered doing something similar but hadn't thought of using long baguettes. And the thought of them belonging to your grandmother is extra special!
Daniel M sure does beautiful work. The quality looks amazing!

I love it :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Enjoy!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
What was old is new again! You've done those diamonds so much justice with this ring - their new home is just perfect. I hope you enjoy this new family heirloom for years to come. :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a creative and beautiful design, just the perfect way to showcase those pretty baguettes! :love: I love it, so so pretty and such a lovely reminder of your grandmother...and congratulations on being chosen for Jewel of the Week! :appl:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think you did a great job with those baguettes. A unique and pretty ring. Plus a lovely reminder of your grandmother.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely and unique ring! What a wonderful way to turn your grandmother's stones into something you can wear every day! I'm so glad you did this for yourself, and that the project turned out so well!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow! I L.O.V.E. it!

Such a unique idea for a setting, and it turned out beautifully. It's perfect and gorgeous.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Great design idea and super touching story. I love what you've done! Very creative.

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
It is so smart to honor its former owner in this way, nice renewed design! It looks very special and perfect on you!!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful & unusual & just plain delicious! A very inventive ring! I'm sure your dad will love it!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing...truly amazing...I love the design of this ring, i love the sentimental value of it for you and your dad, i love the crispy white diamonds...As is said..Amazing :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't wait to see what your dad's reaction was to the new ring!
Are you thinking of using the old setting for something? Maybe a colored stone?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That has to be the coolest use of baguettes that I've ever seen! Coupled with the lovely reminder of your grandmother, that's one terrific ring! Awesome job! Thanks for sharing it! :appl:

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire said:
That has to be the coolest use of baguettes that I've ever seen! Coupled with the lovely reminder of your grandmother, that's one terrific ring! Awesome job! Thanks for sharing it! :appl:
I totally agree... Very neat ring!

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Wow guys! Thank you so much for all of your kind words. I showed my dad the ring last night and he thought the transformation was awesome. He said it's a nice keepsake.

If I would've known this was going to be featured I would have waited to use my better camera instead of my phone! I hope you don't mind these last pictures...
A closeup and a better hand-shot.

8_12.jpg
7_18.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cool! What a wonderful way to reuse your grandmother's diamonds. :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the fact that it is being featured - it seems that it truly captures one of the most significant aspects of diamond rings, which is the special connection and emotional sentimentality of passing stones down. Plus, I just love your ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A great design. Your ring turned out beautiful. How wonderful to have something to cherish from your grandmother.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
How lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results