shape
carat
color
clarity

4+ Carat Antique-Style Cushion

mogster

Shiny_Rock
FI and I stopped at Joe Escobar today to have his wedding ring resized and chatted briefly with Mark. He was kind enough to show us his new acquisition and so I thought I'd share it here. Since I couldn't take it home...to get better pictures... :nono: , these phone ones are all that I've got. I've only ever held costume jewelry with stones this big; the diamond had an ethereal quality to it the way the facets danced.

4+ ct. I VS2 (next to my 1.02 G VS2)

Needless to say, the cut was out of this world and pictures don't do it justice.

20120706_170543.jpg

20120706_170612.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowwww! :love: That is an absolutely mesmerizing (and huge!) stone.

Your e-ring is gorgeous too!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joe E is awesome aren't they? Beautiful stone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in love! :love:
Drooling over my keyboard! :lickout:
Thanks for sharing!

ps your ring is also beautiful!!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that big stone, but I actually prefer YOUR ring.....
So delicate and lacy...... just perfect :love: :love: :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
what an amazing stone but I must say your ring is STUNNING!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

YUM! Your ring is gorgeous!

cheers--Sahron

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
AMAZEBALLS. :love:

My dream stone thank you so much for sharing!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That knocks my socks off!!! And your ring is so beautiful too!

D

Deactivated member 42515

The 4 carat is amazing but you gotta admit that your beautiful ring stands up on it own against it! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! Your ring, and the honker cushion!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Escobar did the reset on my current ring and I worked with Eric. They are great folks over there. This stone is stunning! How much was it? :$$):

Your own ring is very lovely and it does hold its own against the big guy! Your stone is very bright and sparkly.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's one big rock! Your ring is beautiful, also!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I can't help coming back to see the stone. I must have contributed to half of the view counts. Thank you for sharing.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
.....*jaw drops.... droool.....eyes pop*.....

WHOA! That's a diamond! I'd have that embedded in my forehead!

(and your ring is STUNNING! - love your halo setting and the pave band - it suits you much better than the killer stone ;)) )

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness that is a HUGE diamond! The I color doesn't look tinted at all...did it to you? Your beautiful ring is much more my size, though!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
It is a lovely looking stone, but I'm with the others, I love your ring and stone best. really. Its elegant and blingy at the same time which isn't always easy to achieve. But thanks for posting the honker, its always fun to drool - like window shopping :appl:

KatSullivan

Rough_Rock
Wow! Is this Joe Escobar in Campbell? I've heard great things about them, but I've never gone there before... now I may have to drop in sometime and oogle it :) Your ring is gorgeous by the way!

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, all, truly, for the kind compliments. I do appreciate them very much. While the 4-carater was a glorious specimen, I'm afraid that it's just not meant for me ($-wise or lifestyle-wise). Even though an upgrade couldn't be further from my mind, like Laughinggravy0 said, it is fun to drool!!

Beacon said:
Wow! Escobar did the reset on my current ring and I worked with Eric. They are great folks over there. This stone is stunning! How much was it?

They are great! And if I heard correctly, $150k!

diamondseeker2006 said:
Goodness that is a HUGE diamond! The I color doesn't look tinted at all...did it to you? Your beautiful ring is much more my size, though!

No, it did not look tinted at all! I'm no expert, but if I had to guess, I would have picked F or G. I don't think there was an opportunity for it to show body color, though, since it was cut in such a way that the facets were constantly reflecting light and color from the surroundings like large mirrors.

KatSullivan said:
Wow! Is this Joe Escobar in Campbell? I've heard great things about them, but I've never gone there before... now I may have to drop in sometime and oogle it Your ring is gorgeous by the way!

Yes, it's in Campbell off of Hamilton and there is SO MUCH to ogle! The quality is top-notch AND the people there are very nice and knowledgeable -- none of the snootiness, salesmanship, dismissive-of-jewelry-purchased-elsewhere-attitude that makes me leery of most jewelry stores.

KatSullivan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely need to check it out sometime. I really need to find a reliable jeweler with a good bench. I haven't been able to find anyone that I feel comfortable with in my area (Palo Alto). Have you had any experience with their bench personally? I always have projects in mind so I'd love to know more about them! :D

mogster

Shiny_Rock
KatSullivan said:
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely need to check it out sometime. I really need to find a reliable jeweler with a good bench. I haven't been able to find anyone that I feel comfortable with in my area (Palo Alto). Have you had any experience with their bench personally? I always have projects in mind so I'd love to know more about them! :D

I'd recommend them based on my experience with repairs (ring resize and prong repair) there. Their prices are higher, though not unreasonable (I consider it a peace-of-mind tax). When I had my prong repaired, a melee diamond fell out of the halo and I noticed it in the car. They put it back in no questions and I've never had any trouble with it falling out again. While not perfect, I do have confidence in their skills/quality and that they'll make things right.

Another store you might check out is the Willow Glen Diamond Company. While I don't have personal experience with them, they are well reviewed and supposedly less expensive. It might be worth working with both on small projects and seeing which one you like better.

KatSullivan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the mini review mogster! My projects are usually pretty small, setting colored stones, getting my platinum wedding set polished, rhodium dippng etc. I've been using House of Treasures in Los Altos for most of my recent stuff. Brad is GREAT, but on the slower side. I think it took 3 weeks to get a sapphire pendant set the last time I used him. ::) He does great work, but it kills me to leave my stuff there so long. I just miss my pretties so much! I'll definitely check out Willow Glen Diamond Company or Joe E. next time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results