shape
carat
color
clarity

360degree back to a semi bezel reset

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 1:34:30 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 12/15/2009 1:21:32 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
D&T Pearlman''s is having a 20% off sale and you can get the Sholdt bezel in yg for like $850 or thereabouts. I think you should just do it!
Oh My gosh!!!! I''m going to check it out now! thanks DD... and that price would be phenomenal!
I was quoted something like $1050 for it is 18k wg, then take 20% (it is the gift card promotion, runs until the end of the month), and you get a mighty good price! That was for a 1.2ct diamond in size 6.25. Call and talk to Julian!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear DT
7.gif
Maybe you should have Sally make something for you since you''ve enjoyed her pieces so much thus far. She can make a bezel setting based on the stone measurements I hear.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I am so sorry that this beautiful setting is not working out for you
39.gif
I do like the Sholdt...hint, hint
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2009 1:37:21 PM

Date: 12/15/2009 1:34:30 PM

Date: 12/15/2009 1:21:32 PM
D&T Pearlman's is having a 20% off sale and you can get the Sholdt bezel in yg for like $850 or thereabouts. I think you should just do it!
Oh My gosh!!!! I'm going to check it out now! thanks DD... and that price would be phenomenal!
I was quoted something like $1050 for it is 18k wg, then take 20% (it is the gift card promotion, runs until the end of the month), and you get a mighty good price! That was for a 1.2ct diamond in size 6.25. Call and talk to Julian!
You are awesome DD! I just sent an email to Bill about it as well- again(I couldn't commit back in October when I last check so Im sure the pricing would be slightly different with the gold prices now
39.gif
), I still do like the one with sidestones as well, so we shall see. Your diamond size is the same as mine so good to know - thank you.

I have to commit by next week for sure (for the discount since I'm going out of town the following week and want to get it on its way ...again) and since I haven't been wearing my ring for a couple of weeks now
39.gif
I'd like to get it back on my finger

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2009 1:41:12 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Sorry to hear DT
7.gif
Maybe you should have Sally make something for you since you've enjoyed her pieces so much thus far. She can make a bezel setting based on the stone measurements I hear.
Thanks MTG! I actually sent her a Claude Thibadeau ring picture I thought of having her do but with two tone, then I chickened out because now I just think I might have to just straight to the designer if I want it that way kwim after four or five resets, I think I should have just gone designer the first get go...lol

Dana- thank you! I am looking into the Sholdt again with sidestones, since I like to pair a blingier e-ring with a plain band.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is the one I *think* I'm leaning towards, as much as I love yellow gold, sometimes I need a little of oomph of diamonds and pair it with a plain band
30.gif
and plus I love the four semi bezel head look...

sholdtsidestonesdt.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
D&T you have to make this choice, but if it were me I would go with the Scholdt. I really really like the one you''ve posted with the sidestones and all of their bezel designs just seem so elegant and timeless. CT rings are well made, but I did have my stone become loose and have to be tightened once. I was a little rough in the way I cleaned it and I haven''t had any problems since, but I do think that type of setting is just a bit more delicate. Also if you can get a good deal on the Scholdt it would probably be less expensive. Keep us posted on whatever you decide!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial! Thank you your honesty with the CT ring, I do find their prices a bit on the high end, and dang it I do want a designer line now that I've reset so many times...lol
SDL- I'm feeling a bit anxious right now, as I'm just waiting to hear back from Bill on my final price and to make sure we're both on the same page and with the sale, I *might* jump on it for sure!.

Thank you everyone for your comments and support!
36.gif

ETA: uggg I just reread my "update" post. Sorry for so many grammatical mistakes
emembarrassed.gif
- typing in anger
29.gif
and I've been sick about it for a few days on whether to post or not but I feel relieved now
37.gif
got it off my shoulders

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw jeez, that sucks! FWIW, I looove the Sholdt!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 2:21:42 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 12/15/2009 2:14:25 PM

this is the one I *think* I''m leaning towards, as much as I love yellow gold, sometimes I need a little of oomph of diamonds and pair it with a plain band
30.gif

Sholdt has my favorite semi bezel.. if you want the oomph, this with the diamonds is very pretty... uh.. it would go lovely with your diamond band as well, I''d think! :)

Ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto! Seriously, D&T, you know how I feel about that Sholdt and I
love your Honey band. I think it would be a smashing combo!! I''m so sorry, though, that your current semi bezel has worked out the way it has. So frustrating!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry this has been such a headache! I ditto and thritto the Sholdt. With diamonds, without diamonds, meh - I actually think going without will give you more flexibility in terms of wedding bands, but they''re both gorgeous.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awww thank you Packrat, Novel, SDL, Lurchie!! I feel tons better ! I''m shipping my ring off To Bill! yippeee whew!!!! To be continued.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 3:18:39 PM
Author: Lurchie
I''m sorry this has been such a headache! I ditto and thritto the Sholdt. With diamonds, without diamonds, meh - I actually think going without will give you more flexibility in terms of wedding bands, but they''re both gorgeous.
DITTO! I love the diamonds too but it will limit its ability to go with different bands!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippee! Are you doing it w/or w/out diamonds?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2009 3:42:44 PM
Author: packrat
31.gif
27.gif
Don't know yet, I'll keep that a surprise and post it here when I get it back. The ring is now off to bill
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2009 4:09:43 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 12/15/2009 4:00:33 PM

Date: 12/15/2009 3:42:44 PM
Author: packrat
31.gif
27.gif
Don''t know yet, I''ll keep that a surprise and post it here when I get it back. The ring is now off to bill
36.gif
oh%20thwap.gif

Tee!!
lol...
face20.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
MMMYYYYY! A lot has happened since I last checked in here!

Egads, what a terrible ordeal you have been through. I am soooo sorry, D&T.

Well, I am very excited to see what you are going to get next!
30.gif

(And I hope you got SOME kind of a compensation from that last yahoo with the multiple names and e-mail addresses! Gah!!!!)

KEEP US POSTED!!!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2009 4:26:26 PM
Author: Lynn B
MMMYYYYY! A lot has happened since I last checked in here!

Egads, what a terrible ordeal you have been through. I am soooo sorry, D&T.

Well, I am very excited to see what you are going to get next!
30.gif

(And I hope you got SOME kind of a compensation from that last yahoo with the multiple names and e-mail addresses! Gah!!!!)

KEEP US POSTED!!!
36.gif
still working on it
15.gif
. Thanks for your support Lynn... its been a bit draining on this one. but ehh, you live and learn,
39.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
It looks really great, love the YG against the stone, makes it pop
30.gif
. I love the setting, very nice, enjoy

d2b

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
D&T, I''m so sorry about this! But...I am so excited to see that gorgeous stone in a Sholdt! It''s going to be amazing!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
oh wow D&T, sorry the setting didn''t work out. But on the bright side, you''re probably getting the Sholdt (either one is gorgeous).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for this ordeal for you! I had hoped this would be the one but to be honest, I would prefer the Sholdt a hundred times over. It is a beautiful mounting and should be a real quality piece. Elle Chris' ring shows how thin the bezel is - all you see is the stone! The side view is to die for - gorgeous!! The sale price sounds wonderful! I would have thought that mounting would have been more - a first quality piece for a great price - win/win!! With your honey band I would think I would like the one with the sidestones but you've got so many bands that either one would be a go for you.

Good luck to you - we'll be waiting to see the finished product. I can tell you are already feeling better and much happier!
36.gif

VanillaPuff

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 12:56:09 PM
Date: 12/15/2009 12:43:04 PM

Author: VanillaPuff

That sounds awful! I''ve had that same thing happen, and it''s such a confidence shaker. Who wants to send their stuff back to the place that messed it up? Can''t wait to hear how it goes from here - hopefully there''s a happy ending!
1.gif
Oh no! what happened! do you have a thread about it! i guess I can just click on your avatar to find out...

Ha ha, probably won''t find too many posts from me right now!

My situation wasn''t with a ring, but with a pendant I''d ordered. It had some problems, and they offered to have me send it back in, but I wasn''t exactly eager to at that point. We decided to return it altogether.

Now that I think about it, I never got a replacement pendant. I might have to look into that.
31.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2009 2:14:25 PM
this is the one I *think* I''m leaning towards, as much as I love yellow gold, sometimes I need a little of oomph of diamonds and pair it with a plain band
30.gif

I LUUUUUURRRVVVEEEE this!! I hope this is the one you''re going to get.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Arghhh! So sorry to hear about this!!

It''s all for a reason...leading you to the stunning Sholdt! I like the one without diamonds, the beauty of that setting to me is the way it presents the diamond with this sort of "aaaaaa" music playing - lights beaming down effect....is that a little too dramatic?!
37.gif

Then you can pair it with ANY band...

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Just read how much it was going to cost. Seriously, that''s a very low price. Back in 2008 when I got mine, it was 2,500 for platinum. You''re getting a great deal. GET IT!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2009 9:04:39 AM
Author: elle_chris
Just read how much it was going to cost. Seriously, that''s a very low price. Back in 2008 when I got mine, it was 2,500 for platinum. You''re getting a great deal. GET IT!
Another vote for the Scholdt with the diamonds! I don''t know how it''s less than elle''s was last year without diamonds, but I think you should order that one too.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all!!! actually I think Bill needs to update his site to reflect the gold/platinum prices, as my quote was off from his site (and he has a disclaimer on there too)
37.gif
However, I will report back, Bill should be getting my ring any day now
36.gif
Thank you all for your support! I have had a good chat with the other jeweler, Still not impressed, and will take my loss
40.gif
live and learn, since I am not about to send my ring back to them after having the conversations we had
29.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
From what I''ve read you should be in good hands with Bill. Keep us posted!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T, just read all this. You cannot go wrong with the Sholdt and pearlmans is just the best!! Bill will take excellent care of you. keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results