shape
carat
color
clarity

3.07 OEC in EW "Margot" solitaire

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!
I have reading PS (as if I had a PS "daily requirement") for years. I don't post frequently but felt compelled to share the ring I received about an hour ago. I am THRILLED with the result and wanted to share. I know I have benefited from other Pricescopers' experiences, reviews, pictures, and wisdom over the years and hope this may benefit others in return.

Bit of background: my engagement ring is a 1.7 G SI MRB in a Leon Mege setting. It is a beautiful setting, though in retrospect I would have liked for the stone to be set a smidge higher. Over the years, I have enjoyed ogling everyone else's engagement rings, upgrades, right hand bling (note daily PS reading ritual per above!) and may have taken a sip (or 5!) from the "old cut" cool-aid :twirl:
In planning a milestone birthday present next year, my DH and I agreed for me to get a new diamond of my dreams, sort of a "you only live once and might as well enjoy life" kind of ring. So, I stalked various vendor sites, initially in search of an antique cushion. I wasn't having much luck finding anything within my specs, and one day noticed the 3.07 OEC in JbG's site. I pounced on it as soon as I saw it, and it was in my hands under one week. I put it in a temp 6 prong setting (because I was NOT going to let it sit in a drawer----after all you only live once right?) Meanwhile, I searched for THE setting.
I knew I wanted a 8 prong solitaire (antique-y setting in platinum, with an interesting basket, a gap between the ER and WB, and for it to sit high enough (but not too high.) I talked to Grace and she suggested that I wait to see the new solitaire setting that Erika was creating, as she felt it would fit the bill. I stalked her Instagram for weeks, and as soon as it popped up, I knew it was IT. This is how I like to buy things, be it shoes, purses, sweaters, cars, or settings. When it screams at me so loudly that I can't walk away, I know it's the ONE and I need to just go ahead and hand over my money.
I want to thank Grace of Jewels by Grace and Erika Winters for an extraordinary shopping experience. Both ladies were responsive, polite, sweet, professional and really easy to work with. Erika actually delivered the ring 2 weeks earlier than expected and of course I could not be happier! The details are so fine-- the milgraining in the swags are so fine and minute that you need a loupe to see it! The quality is exquisite.

The stone: 3.07 K SI1 OEC (9.00x9.20)
The setting: Erika Winters "Margot" solitaire in platinum

Sorry for the long story but here are the pictures:

The first 2 pictures are from Erika, who in my humble opinion, takes the most magnificent pictures.
The subsequent ones are from my iPhone, and not so magnificent.

_35533.jpg

_35534.jpg

_35535.jpg

_35536.jpg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Swoon! :love: :love: :love: It is absolutely stunning! Congratulations on finding THE ONE. Your patience really paid off, that setting looks perfect. And the diamond is breathtaking. Please post more pics!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Must have more pictures! Inside, outside, profile, top, bottom - you get the idea! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous stone and a beautiful setting! Perfection! Congrats!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is quite amazing- are the bands yours too? So beautiful.... Maybe you could post some shots from the side too?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I loved reading your story! :wavey: It seems that you put a lot of thought and care into your new ring and it shows! The photo of the stone by itself has me drooling! It's gorgeous! :appl: Your diamond is sheer perfection in the eight prong setting. Those prongs are yummy! I love everything about it! :love: :love: :love: Thanks for sharing and for the info on what it was like to work with Grace & Erika. Now....we need more pics please! :pray: Oh, and please start posting more often especially when we get to see pieces like this! :naughty:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I died! :love:

Apparently I need your ring! :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Both your diamond and your setting are just exquisite! Would love to see a side view.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lickout: yumm!! So jealous - I mean happy for you. Beautiful and gigantic!!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi- telephone89, picante27, Alex T junebug17, Snowdrop13, Rockinruby, derbygal, Canuck-gal, Sundial-- thank you for the sweet comments and kind encouragement!

Snowdrop13-- those are not my bands. I asked Erika to take a picture of my ring with some bands for me to see what I would like to get in the future. There's always a birthday, anniversary, Christmas, something around the corner! :naughty:

Here are some more pictures.
First couple are from the vendors:

_35538.jpg

_35539.jpg

_35540.jpg

_35541.jpg

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Some comparison pics between the MRB and OEC:
The MRB is 1.7 GIA G with no flor
The OEC is 3.07 GIA K with SBF

_35542.jpg

_35543.jpg

_35544.jpg

_35545.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's just about the most perfect OEC ever!! I love it and the stunning setting you put her in!! Enjoy her with much health and happiness! Happy Birthday!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection! I love the details and finish. I pave been stalking this ring on Facebook and Instagram! :love:

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! This is sooo gorgeous!! Both your OEC & the setting are truly divine!! :love: :love: Enjoy! :))

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love how different the "personalities" of your two rings are, so you can trade off when the mood suits you!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love it even more now that you added the new pics! :love: Both of your rings are quite beautiful! :appl:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
ringo865 thanks-- sometimes I look at her and think "hmmm. . . maybe I should have gotten something a bit bigger?" Darn DSS!

yennyfire-- thank you! That means a lot!! I have admired your unique and beautiful antique oval ring for quite some time. :love:

MayK I know! I waste so much time on IG; it's so addictive!!

Staci76 thank you so much :wavey:

Asscherhalo lover yes! Erika said her "elves" were working on the ring. The milgraining is so tiny that I figure she's not far off from the truth. Thank you!

iluvshinythings thanks! :angel:

PintoBean I originally was looking for a cushion because I thought 2 "round" rings would be redundant. However, as you said, their "personalities" are quite different and each has its place. I usually tend to wear the smaller ring at work, but I'm thinking I might wear this new one for awhile, at least until the novelty wears down a bit. Thank you for your comment!

nycspring yes --I love looking/staring/gawking at the basket. (I just need to not do it while I'm driving- lol) Thanks so much!

armywife13 thank you! :wavey:

luckyhonu thank you! Your 3.366 ACA is stunning as well; it's absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement! :appl:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS. I always wondered if a PSer had that commissioned. I absolutely adore the detail put into every square mm of Erika's pieces ! Wear Margot in good health! :love:

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, that's just lovely! I gasped aloud the first time I saw Erika post about the Margot. Congratulations!

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful treasure!!! Your stone is gorgeous and Erika's design is just simply exquisite!! That's definitely one of the loveliest rings on PS! :love: :love: :love: Happy Birthday and enjoy!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness gracious, that is pure beauty and elegance!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

How do you get anything done? :bigsmile:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just STUNNING. :love: :appl: :love: congratulations! The setting is perfect for it as well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG GORGEOUS! :love:
Love the OEC and love your setting choice. Just beautiful. Please share more pics. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results