shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 20th anniversary rose cut-- lots of pics!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sweet husband saved for a long time to get me some major bling for our 20th anniversary. I've ogled rings on PS literally for years looking for the perfect ring. Over time I learned I like a lot of different shapes and styles. I'd love a honking OEC, a big pear-- the list could go on and on. :naughty: I also have a fascination with rose cuts, and when our jeweler had several rose cut rings suddenly in the case, we made the decision on the spot. I wanted something different and romantic and this fit the bill for me. I hope you all like it-- I've loved looking at all of your rings over the years and will continue to do so!

One note for anyone thinking of a rose cut, I clean it pretty much every day, sometimes more than once. It shows smudges and dirt very easily, but when it gives off big bold flashes of light it is all worth it. No photos I took could really capture the sparkles accurately.

I don't have the exact stats on the stones, but I know this much:
TCW: 2.95
Center stone: 1.18 carats
Side stones: approximately .22 each
Color: H to I (shows a little warmth in some lighting, but not too much)
Clarity: VS to SI1 (I can only see very small inclusions under 10x loupe; nothing visible with the naked eye.
Platinum
Size: small 6 3/4

_1231.jpg

_1232.jpg

_1233.jpg

_1234.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 20th anniversary!!! I love your ring- it's beautiful! Wear in health and happiness! Sorry if I am interrupting your pic posting but just wanted to say I love your ring! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the vintage feel of your ring! Beautiful!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
*GASP*!!!! Derbygal!!! She's STUNNING!!! oh my heart be still..... :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: Wow!!!!

You are a very lucky lady - what a gorgeous ring to celebrate 20 years of love and happiness - Congratulations on a wonderful milestone!

oh --- did I mention it was also jaw-dropping perfect? no? oh - there we are - I LOVE IT!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone. I'm a little shy about showing off pictures, so I appreciate the kind words!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, I absolutely love it! :love: :love: :love: Congratulations on your 20th Anniversary and your new beautiful ring! :appl:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
WHOA BABY!!! I want that ring!!!! How spectacular! It is truly a stunning, stunning ring! LOVE the rose cuts, LOVE the vintage style setting! Perfect and gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, so sweet! LOVE your DH for saving for a long time to treat his bride. Congratulations on 20 years and for finding a beauty to commemorate it. :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh wow! That last picture is TDF!!!! What a sweet sweet husband you have!!! Congrats on 20 years! And here's to many many more!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is gor-gee-ousss! I love rose cuts--the way the light flashes off the facets is totally mesmerizing! Congrats on 20 years and your new ring!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! From a fellow rose cut lover, I must say I am FLOORED by this amazing, magnificent, and totally unique treasure! Congrats on 20 years!!! And wear this beauty in good health. WOW!!!! I'm just speechless!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I usually don't like rose cuts very much but this ring is stunning! I really, really hope you post more pictures. I want to look at it all day!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i love rose cuts too and think your ring is stunning.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ethereal.
:love:

That's the first word that came to mind. The rose cuts are exquisite - the handpic and tomato pic (::)) really show off the style of this cut :love:

Congrats on your anniversary!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ummm....I can see why you fell in love! It's gorgeous!! Wowsa! That's quite an anniversary present! Wear it for many years to come to health and happiness! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous ring! Happy Anni!!

cheers--Sharon

GingerKaBluey

Rough_Rock
Happy Anniversary!!!

I have never seen a rose cut ring I like more then yours!! Its truly beautiful and definitely romantic looking. What a wonderful hubby you have for him to save for so long to be able to get you something of your dreams. :appl: I really need to find a local jeweler, so that that on the off chance some amazing antique rings come in, I can snatch something up. hehe :) Congrats!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular ring!! What a sweet DH. Happy 20th anniversary!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!! :love: Happy anniversary!!! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
THIS IS MY DREAM RING!!! I visit (and drool over) its doppelgänger on Bayco's website almost daily! Please do tell me more. Do you know the designer? How would you describe the sparkle compared to a MRB? Does it reflect much color or mainly white light?

What a stunningly beautiful ring!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

:love: :love: :appl: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing ring!!! Unique and absolutely gorgeous - the stones are exceptional examples of rose cut diamonds, so bright and sparkly - and the finger coverage is awesome! Congrats on 20 years of marriage!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1349782959|3282066 said:
Ethereal.
:love:

That's the first word that came to mind. The rose cuts are exquisite - the handpic and tomato pic (::)) really show off the style of this cut :love:

Congrats on your anniversary!!

Took the word out of my mouth! It's just breathtaking!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results