shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2 carat Victor Canera & puppy-hubby did well -PIC OVERLOAD

himni

Shiny_Rock
Not that long ago My husband and I packed up from Canada and moved to The States to take care of his mother who had been diagnosed with dementia. I quit my interior design “dream” job and he became our sole breadwinner as he got his “dream” job in D.C. It has not been easy, and I miss having a career but I am adjusting slowly. His mother is a retired colonel and getting her to listen to me in the beginning was very challenging but since she is 81 years old I knew I had to be patient and so far so good. At first I was going to start my own interior design company from home but not having the proper connections I decided to start a shoe blog, to my surprise it is doing very well. So now I blog and take care of my MIL.

My husband is a great person, he never picks anything for me, cause he knows I’m picky lol. When I got my engagement ring he let me do the picking/calling/pricing etc. So it was a surprise when he said he wanted to get me earrings as a thank-you gift,but I told him I prefer a ring, he told me not to get involved as he wanted to do this on his own. I was nervous, and then I found out it was an L color diamond; I became so worried, thinking I might not love the color so much. :?:

How he gave it to me
He called me and told me he had groceries in the car and to come help him, I ran to our garage to help him, as I got to the back seat I saw the cutest puppy ever! We took her inside and the puppy went back to sleep. He sat me down and told me how grateful he is to have me and that he appreciates all my sacrifices and hands me a VICTOR CANERA BOX!! My heart starts jumping with excitement, I thought it was just another pave band, but it wasn’t! It is a 2 carat double halo, split shank engagement ring! I started balling because he did so well, and the ring has so much meaning. You see his “mother” is actually his aunt, when his real mother passed away of cancer at the young age of 43, his aunt adopted him at age 9. He is very close to her and family is very important to us.I named my puppy Victory lol shes so cute! She sleeps in a bin because she doesn’t like her crate and doesn’t like sleeping in another room. She naps with her teddies during the day lol.

Anyways that’s my story and here are the pictures! I still haven’t got it appraised so I am not sure the ctw.
By the way my husband said Victor Canera was very helpful, they exchanged like 50 emails, my husband added a design to the profile and its beautiful. I am in love with my ring and I would recommend Victor Canera to anyone that loves quality craftsmanship. Now if only I can get my husband to get me one more pave band lol ;))

_7262.jpg

_7263.jpg

victory.jpg

_7264.jpg

himni

Shiny_Rock
Re: 2 carat Victor Canera & puppy-hubby did well -PIC OVERLO

more pics

_7265.jpg

_7266.jpg

_7267.jpg

_7268.jpg

himni

Shiny_Rock

By the way if you are considering an L color diamond, I say do it! the color never looks the same, in one room it will be buttery and in another room it will appear whiter, and I wanted to add that it is a Canera Cushion so it is very well cut.

_7269.jpg

_7270.jpg

_7271.jpg

_7272.jpg

himni

Shiny_Rock

more pix...don't judge my hands :|

dscn1531.jpg

dscn1535.jpg

dscn1559.jpg

dscn1570.jpg

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Wow!! He did very well! what a great surprise. He must be a fast learner :) The ring is stunning. The puppy is adorable. So sweet that he appreciates your sacrifices. More pics! :appl: :appl: :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wow! I'm impressed! He did an awesome job! It's gorgeous and I love the way that he gave it to you! Victory is adorable too! You did a very selfless thing for your hubby and I'm sure he was thrilled that he was able to do a "little" something for you! Congrats on your new ring!

himni

Shiny_Rock

thank you Elisateach and yennyfire :)

more pics :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

dscn1673.jpg

dscn1684.jpg

dscn1695.jpg

dscn1696.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: :appl: :love: :appl:

SPECTACULAR!! And that one fire shot--- HOLY COW its as bright as the sun itself!!! AMazing!!!

Kudo's to your hubby - boy, he's an A+++ student in diamond ring surprises!! :appl:

Its beautiful and I hope it helps the transition for you from dream job to ... dream puppy and dream ring!! Enjoy!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's just beautiful!! Congrats!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous gorgeous ring!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your husband did really well w/ your new VC ring--great finger coverage!!! Did you get the matching pave band to go with it?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! And lots of sparkle power!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, he sure did!! VC did an awesome job - it's gorgeous! And we DEFINITELY need more pics of little Victory :bigsmile:

It sounds like you made some sacrifices - and what a lovely gesture in return ::) Congrats to you both, and I wish you every happiness together!

blingymo

Shiny_Rock

The ring is beautiful and HUGE on you, but the puppy and ring presentation is more beautiful. Your husband is very lucky to have you, and it sounds like he knows it!! And you have trained him well in the jewelry department! He's a keeper:)

Maevemarie

Rough_Rock

It's beautiful, congrats!!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow!!! What a sweet hubby! How gorgeous!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I long ago taught mine the "no surprises" rule, but I think if he would only call Victor, I might allow a surprise! :lol:

I think it is a wonderful thing that you are doing. Caring for children or the elderly is a totally under-appreciated occupation in this day and age. But truly, showing love in this way is the most important thing one can ever do with their time, in my opinion. So my hat is off to you!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a beautiful surprise gift :love: It looks HUGE on your hand!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock

What a masterpiece, looks perfect on your hand! You and your husband are so admirable to take come to take care of MIL. Pictures are great!

Venti25

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful you have an amazing husband :) and you sound pretty amazing too! :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW, the ring is absolutely stunning and the puppy is adorable! Your hubby did an amazing job. Kudos to him for acknowledging all your sacrifices.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, gorgeous!!!! He did fabulous! He sounds like a great guy! Love the pup too!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

It's very, very beautiful! :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! I'm not sure which I love more, the ring or the puppy!!!!

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock

Good for you and Good for him! :)) :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am so glad you got this, it's so nice to be appreciated!

himni

Shiny_Rock

Enerchi: thank you, I figured PSer’s would appreciate that picture
Laila619 thank you
Rosebloom thank you
mom2boys I am crazy about the finger coverage! I just love it, I had the pave band from before I’m so glad it matches. I want one more lol
tyty333 thanks!
Yssie I will post more pictures of her
blingymo yes he does appreciate me, and even though he is not one with words I told him this makes up for it lol

Maevemarie thanks
diamondseeker2006 yes! I agree with everything you said. No surprises- that way I know I will love it but the exception should always be Victor lol. I agree that caring for the elderly is underappreciated and it seems that people have no idea how hard it is until they are going through it.

bright ice yes it has great finger coverage, thanks to the double halo-which I love since it’s done so gracefully.
SandyCheeks thanks!
Venti25 what a nice complement thank you
Catmom thank you
luv2sparkle thank you and I love your e-ring!
Thanks Smith1942
AprilBaby thanks
Anne :) thank you

More Pictures!

dscn1719.jpg

dscn1727.jpg

dscn1729.jpg

dscn1766.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my goodness, how breathtakingly beautiful and just perfect! It looks positively huge! I would definitely be ok with a surprise from VC!

As a part-time care giver for my mother, I know what you are doing is not easy, and requires lots of sacrifice and patience - It's a world I didn't even know existed until I was thrust into it - this is a much deserved gift, and it's really great that your husband recognizes your hard work!

himni

Shiny_Rock

more pictures! I noticed that I double posted one, anyone know how to delete it?
anyways here are a few pictures of Victory. I took her to the vet the day after I got her and she only weighed 5lbs :))

dscn1768.jpg

_7323.jpg

puppy1.jpg

victory3.jpg

himni

Shiny_Rock

more Victory pix,shes so cute!

victory_red_cup.jpg

vstairs.jpg

_7324.jpg

vbin.jpg