carat
color
clarity

2.04 MRB in VC Emilya halo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous soxfan. :love: Another amazing piece by Victor. :appl:
Wear in much health and happiness always!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
It's perfect and absolutely worth the wait. You know I love a little color in diamonds and love the magnified color in the one side shot, but in all of your other gorgeous photos its so bright white and sparkly. Bravo, Sox. It's beyond beautiful. Whatcha gonna do for a band(s)??

:love: :appl: :love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Completely amazing!!!! :love: :love: :love: It was a guaranteed home run with Victor!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nowicanseethemoon|1378650074|3516756 said:
It's perfect and absolutely worth the wait. You know I love a little color in diamonds and love the magnified color in the one side shot, but in all of your other gorgeous photos its so bright white and sparkly. Bravo, Sox. It's beyond beautiful. Whatcha gonna do for a band(s)??

:love: :appl: :love:

Right now I'm just enjoying all of the SPARKLE!!! :love: :love: :love:

But for the future, I had originally wanted some diamond and sapphire VERY thin stacking bands, but after seeing the ring, I will stick with diamonds.

My shank is only about 1.7 mm wide, so I was thinking something along the lines of Kate Beckinsale's set. A matching thin band and another different style of band with baguettes or other shapes of diamonds. Keeping them as thin as my e-ring...

_9740.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! Very glad you went with VC. No one can do this setting better I think!! I love the mismatch stacker ideas.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've hear people say a k wouldn't look great in a halo. I think this particular one looks spectacular

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1378653130|3516775 said:
I've hear people say a k wouldn't look great in a halo. I think this particular one looks spectacular

I LOVE this stone. And the halo just makes it pop! I am SO glad I didn't do a solitaire. I think K's are the perfect color! I would go with an even lower color if I ever get an older cut- I would love an August vintage round someday as a right hand ring. THIS ring will be on my left hand until I die. :lol:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to mention I took these pics with an iPhone. :shock: I can't wait to upgrade my phone in January, I heard the new camera is even better!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow.......wear it in the best of health!

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! So beautiful!! By any chance are you in MA? (sox fan?) I'm seriously considering VC's Emilya as a reset and I'd love to see your ring!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maiyavel|1378689722|3517009 said:
Congrats! So beautiful!! By any chance are you in MA? (sox fan?) I'm seriously considering VC's Emilya as a reset and I'd love to see your ring!!

New Hampshire. But we will be moving to Mass in the next 6 months!

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
AHHHH!! I'll have to meet you somewhere! Are you loving it??? I'm stuck between The Emilya, or the split shank one (the Anne Marie I think) or just staying as a solitaire... decisions decisions!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maiyavel|1378690727|3517017 said:
AHHHH!! I'll have to meet you somewhere! Are you loving it??? I'm stuck between The Emilya, or the split shank one (the Anne Marie I think) or just staying as a solitaire... decisions decisions!

What are the details of your stone?

and YES. I cannot stop staring at it. It's amazing.

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
Mine is a 2.34 (about 8.6mm)H&A FVS1 from GOG. I love it. RIght now it's in a Mark Morrell setting which I really love but I have wanted to change it into something more delicate for a while. GO big or go home right? :D

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maiyavel|1378692291|3517029 said:
Mine is a 2.34 (about 8.6mm)H&A FVS1 from GOG. I love it. RIght now it's in a Mark Morrell setting which I really love but I have wanted to change it into something more delicate for a while. GO big or go home right? :D

The emilya is DEFINITELY delicate. Is it in the setting in your avatar?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How were the first hours together with your ring :bigsmile:

I saw that you are already looking for some companion. I like the IDJ ring. You also consider to have to made by your jeweller? Did he make similar delicate bands before? I love the Beckinsale look you are aiming for.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1378726912|3517157 said:
How were the first hours together with your ring :bigsmile:

I saw that you are already looking for some companion. I like the IDJ ring. You also consider to have to made by your jeweller? Did he make similar delicate bands before? I love the Beckinsale look you are aiming for.

My PERFECT solution would be to sell my existing platinum and diamond wedding band to fund the purchase of the IDJ one! I need to ask hubby what he paid for it. OR I could turn it back into my jeweler for credit and have him make me one. But he's not cheap.....

But he does have a catalog with a ton of the stackers like IDJ has and he charges me what he pays for them- so they are CHEAP. Maybe that's the route to go?

As far as the thin matching band, I think I'll have Victor make that. Maybe a christmas present? I'm scared to ask for anything else right now, my husband would KILL me. :lol:

Right now I'm just enjoying the heck out of my ring!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm kind of putting off going in for a while because

a. I'm wearing a ring made by someone else

and

b. The diamond he sold appraised at MUCH MUCH more and he had told me to let him know what it appraised at. I'm scared to tell him.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as the appraised value concerns.. He will just be happy for you. Imagine if it was appraised at MUCH lower :oops:
And... He probably not expects you to wear only his jewelry? I mean, you bought the diamond from him.

Can you return the catalogue ring if you don't like it when you see it?

Think twice about selling your original ring. I altered mine as I didn't wear it anymore. I now wear the altered version every day but I still have feelings of regret sometimes :twisted:
Perhaps you will not wear your VC on holidays etc and then you could grab your wedding ring? Good luck with all these decisions and the little savings plan for a little VC friend :naughty: But for now: your ring is great standalone!!! Enjoy :love:

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
Yes, that's the setting. It is very very comfortable but thick. He does beautiful work! But VC... :love:

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
Soxfan - What amazing pictures!! I would love to see more if you have the time! That K looks perfect in that setting....I'm waiting for Mom2boys setting to finally arrive with my pink tourmaline and this makes me want it RIGHT NOW!!

LOVE IT!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missymoo|1378773430|3517568 said:
Soxfan - What amazing pictures!! I would love to see more if you have the time! That K looks perfect in that setting....I'm waiting for Mom2boys setting to finally arrive with my pink tourmaline and this makes me want it RIGHT NOW!!

LOVE IT!!

Sorry to threadjack but I can't wait to see your new VC ring! :appl:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
So delicate and beautiful! :love:

Alright, that is my third gorgeous ring blingasm for tonight, I think I have to log out and take a cold shower.

canadagirl

Rough_Rock
That is absolutely gorgeous!!! The detail and craftsmanship is amazing - wear it in the best of health! Even though I'm from Canada, my family is all in Mass so I shop there frequently and have been looking at halo settings for my solitaire every time I go to visit. I haven't seen anything - anywhere - as beautiful .... you are definitely making me think ....... thanks for the inspiration!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks everyone! I still can't stop staring at it. (Which I have to do on the down low in public :lol: ) I will take some more hand shots today. I also may stop into my jewelers to look at some thin bands and find out what credit I can get for my old band. It's just not dainty enough for me to wear with this ring...

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! Congrats on an amazing ring :appl:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Soxfan,
Hope you don't mind me going off topic a bit, but am thinking of getting hidden stones added to my own ring Steven is making and was just wondering if you feel them at all or are they smoothed into shank (don't know if I'm making sense :twirl: )
Congratulations again on your stunner, it really is just so beautiful

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scarlett1|1378842567|3518083 said:
Hi Soxfan,
Hope you don't mind me going off topic a bit, but am thinking of getting hidden stones added to my own ring Steven is making and was just wondering if you feel them at all or are they smoothed into shank (don't know if I'm making sense :twirl: )
Congratulations again on your stunner, it really is just so beautiful

No problem! No, I can't feel them at all....Everyone just loves them-thinks they are "so romantic." Dh could care less, But I thought it was neat. :lol:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
more pics!

img_1887.jpg

img_5711_2.jpg

img_5703.jpg

img_5700.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, I'm done. Promise.