shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 12mm vintage platinum zircon halo

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow :love: :love: :love: I like the sentiment that someone's heirloom will now continue on its journey and be an heirloom one day for you to pass on.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!! :love: :love: You should be a hand model. Love that it's an original too. Congratulations!!

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh my! It's GORGEOUS!!! And looks totally amazing on your hand. So pretty!! :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Stunning, really. It looks amazing on you. :love: :love: :love:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So fabulous! I big puffy heart that setting. And of course the stone is lovely too, but that setting is just magic! Totally an Elsa ring, haha!!

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
wow!!! Such a beauty! I would name her Elsa as well. Show us more picture and hand shots! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful! Love the setting. It's spectacular. :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is really beautiful! :love:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the colour of the zircon, so vibrant and bright! Enjoy wearing it!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! What a gorgeous ring!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah I'm jealous!!! I'm so in love with this ring, omg the setting is amazing and the zircon is the most beautiful color - and yes those prongs are just too cool - congrats on such a fabulous find Niel, I can see why you couldn't forget about this ring, enjoy the heck out of it!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the most beautiful ring I've seen posted in a long time. I LOVE it. That setting is to die for and I love the color of that zircon. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wow beautiful!! Really love your photographs too, and such lovely hands..! Congratulations on a great find! :appl: :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All my photos are inside lighting so here is one outside.

Elsa relaxing in the shade. She lives as we all wish we were living.

img_20160902_151825.jpg

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful setting! And I love the colour of the stone!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhhh she's purty!!! What a great find :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love it!!! :love: :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Argh so so gorgeous!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
As you are well aware, I ADORE this ring!!!!! And I'm so happy you made your super low ball offer. You got a huge huge steal with this piece. I really think I it looks like a Single Stone ring. But for the cost of what they'd charge to resize the ring!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1472688293|4072048 said:
You already know how I feel about this but THERE ARE NO WORDS. PERFECTION.

Thank you, besides the abrasions I think it's perfect too. Did you see you've officially named her too?

lovedogs|1472689150|4072053 said:
PERFECTION!!!! I seriously have no other reaction for this beauty. Such a wonderful find, and that setting is just TDF! The zircon itself looks excellent, and I definitely see what you mean that the wear isn't super noticeable when it's on the hand. I'm impressed you're willing to give it up long enough to get touched up, I'm not sure I'd be able to send it away! :lol:

Thanks! Im so worried about getting it polished that who knows when I'll do it. I do want it polished as I think she would be on another level.

Downsy|1472691040|4072070 said:
It is sooooooo pretty, really!!! It looks awesome on your hand too. Congrats on your acquisition! I always feel the same way if I get something on the first bid. Human nature, but you did good to get it for less than they were asking.

Yes making offers is such a crap shoot. Half the people will be offended if you offer 100 less, others are happy to entertain half off!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1472746916|4072271 said:
Wow :love: :love: :love: I like the sentiment that someone's heirloom will now continue on its journey and be an heirloom one day for you to pass on.
Yes I do know how anyone would have let it go. I know if my mother had passed it down to me I would have treasured it.

Oh well, no it's another families to love!
Loves Vintage said:
Wow! So fabulous! I big puffy heart that setting. And of course the stone is lovely too, but that setting is just magic! Totally an Elsa ring, haha!!

Yes I bought it for the setting honestly. The seller didn't have the best photos so the color of the zircon was kind of in question. It was such a good price I was willing to chance it on the zircon. Luckily it worked out for both setting and stone though!

junebug17 said:
Gah I'm jealous!!! I'm so in love with this ring, omg the setting is amazing and the zircon is the most beautiful color - and yes those prongs are just too cool - congrats on such a fabulous find Niel, I can see why you couldn't forget about this ring, enjoy the heck out of it!

Aren't you sweet! I knew I had to buy this because I'd have been jealous if anyone had snatched it up!

Rosebloom said:
As you are well aware, I ADORE this ring!!!!! And I'm so happy you made your super low ball offer. You got a huge huge steal with this piece. I really think I it looks like a Single Stone ring. But for the cost of what they'd charge to resize the ring!

Yes I have to admit I think it looks a little SS too. Someone else said it looked like CVB, but she loves baskets too much to make something that sits this low on the hand lol!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to everyone for the kid words. If o didn't quite you it's just because I'm not creative enough to think of 30 things to say.

I will attempt to get my hand shots. Is it mean to ask your husband to take handshots for you??

I love this little bugger. Like, who thought to put baguettes on it it has 20 prongs!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, that is jaw dropping, amazing, fantastic bling!! It looks so good on you. The finger coverage is wonderful. Enjoy!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!! Way to go, ice queen!!

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
Saw this in your avatar and found this thread. This is a seriously stunning ring. More pics please!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 to hand model!!

Can I ask where you found this beauty? eBay?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pearaffair|1473010959|4073184 said:
+1 to hand model!!

Can I ask where you found this beauty? eBay?

Yes eBay indeed

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I keep visiting this thread expecting to see more pictures! Whats up?! We pretty much need them! :think: :wavey:

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1472687389|4072044 said:
My newest acquisition came today and I'm utterly awestruck.
It's a size 7.5 platinum halo with a large and moderate to severely abraded 12mm zircon. Shes got some wear to her, and I'll get her repaired, but I could help but show her off in the meantime.
The seller was consigning it for a couple. This was a estate peice. It wasn't an OBO auction but I just didn't want to pay what they asked. After getting in hand the setting size and quality would have been many times what he was asking to replace but having not seeing it I wasn't willing to chance it. Anywho after pestering him about it for a few months I made an offer I was sure would be returned and we would barter but it wasn't! The frugal side of me is like I SHOULD HAVE OFFERED LESS! But its a fine line between an offer and an insult. Either way, just goes to show it never hurts to ask ::)

I feel like an ice princess in this :lol:
The color of the stone is just like what an ice princess would wear. Love it.

P

PierreBear

Beautiful! Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results