shape
carat
color
clarity

1.92 Carre Cut Eternity in Platinum - Pic overload!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was supposed to put this under the tree for Christmas, but who am I kidding?! I love this band, more every second. This is the wedding band I should have started with 16 years ago, but too bad Pricescope wasn't around in 1997. ;-)

The band is just under 3mm wide and 1.75 mm (about) deep. The stones are about H color. It's a size 4.5.

I love how the flashes of light are soooo subtle, but when I look at the band, it is still so gorgeous! Like I was saying, the carre cut facets wink at you compared to the sharp flashes of light from the MRB right next to it.

From really far away, you aren't even sure if the carre cut band is diamonds. It reminds me of my mom's engraved platinum wedding band. But up close, you can definitely tell they are diamonds. When I looking at asschers initially, people at the stores kept telling me I needed to go bigger with stepcuts since you cannot see the faceting when they are small. My total carat weight is under 2, and I can definitely see the faceting, enough for me anyway.

The MRB that I am wearing with it is an F, and I can definitely tell the difference in the color of the stones. It doesn't bother me at all because the styles of the diamonds and the type of light they reflect are so different that they do not at all compete. My two rings do not match, at all. But I love that they don't match and I love them together. LOVE!!!! This is permanent on my finger now. I even love it alone!! No big rock with it. To get this off me, you would have to pry it off my cold, dead fingers. Ok, maybe if I have to clean it...

Alright, enough blah, blah, blah. Pics. Sorry, but I took it in every kind of lighting I could. Be forewarned. I went overboard on the pics. I apologize and thank you for understanding in advance...

Crappy desk top lighting, with yellow walls behind (smart huh?)

dsc_0031.jpg

dsc_0040.jpg

dsc_0024_0.jpg

dsc_0048.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MORE...
On a prettier background, Tiffany's Christmas catalog...

dsc_0018.jpg

dsc_0019.jpg

dsc_0020.jpg

dsc_0028.jpg

dsc_0029.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stacking heaven...

dsc_0069.jpg

Officially out of real estate... :razz:

dsc_0071.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With me out at breakfast at La Boulange...

photo_1_46.jpg

Hiding under the mommy ring...
photo_2_42.jpg

Love the low profile...
photo_3_36.jpg

Underside bling...
lb4.jpg

lb6.jpg

Overcast daylight...
od3.jpg

Thank you PSer's, for understanding and indulging me. I know this is just a band, but thanks for letting me go crazy. ;-)

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, just beautiful. I envy your long fingers, so many stacking options. :love:

GK2

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1385841706|3565267 said:
Stacking heaven...

dsc_0069.jpg

:love: :love: stunningly beautiful. Absolutely fabulous stacking :lickout:

Wear it in good health!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous!!! I love the milgrain, such a pretty touch…I can see why you are so excited about it, I would be too! You have an amazing collection of bling, and BTW your ering looks huge on you! :appl:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it's gorgeous! I'd love to add a ring like this to my collection. Would you mind sharing with us where you purchased it?

Congrats, it's amazing! :love:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE this. WOW! Gorgeous. It looks fabulous with your e-ring and your stack makes me swoon. I'm so :mrgreen: but in a good way. Did I say I loved this? :love: :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscher_girl|1385845086|3565305 said:
Wow, it's gorgeous! I'd love to add a ring like this to my collection. Would you mind sharing with us where you purchased it?

Congrats, it's amazing! :love:

Hi asscher_girl, you and your ring are my step cut role model. So your kind words mean a lot coming from you.

Here is the jeweler's contact info. Hope it's not against rules to post this information.

yjk_card.jpg

Out of the 80-100 jewelers at the expo, he was the only one that showed a carre cut band, only carre cut. The one that I originally saw was just a half. I asked him to make me a full. Just tell him that you liked the carre cut eternity band that Patty and Darryl purchased at the San Mateo Jewelry expo at Thanksgiving.

Hope he can make you something that you will like.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy stack! Your new ring is gorgeous!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NonieMarie said:
Wow, just beautiful. I envy your long fingers, so many stacking options. :love:

Thank you NonieMarie. And thanks for thinking my fingers are long. :lol: They look so stubby to me. I am really happy to have another stacker to add. I think I want to add to the point just before it restricts bending. ;-)

GK2 said:
:love: :love: stunningly beautiful. Absolutely fabulous stacking :lickout:

Wear it in good health!

Thank you GK2. You're so kind.

Asscherhalo_lover said:
So perfect, the carre, the channel, the milgrain!!!! :love:

Thank you Asscherhalo, your asscher is so stunning. It's one of my favorites. I just looove staring at the stepcuts in your stone.

junebug17 said:
Oh it's gorgeous!!! I love the milgrain, such a pretty touch…I can see why you are so excited about it, I would be too! You have an amazing collection of bling, and BTW your ering looks huge on you! :appl:

Thanks Junebug17, I am trying to combat DSS. This carre band is helping. I needed to tuck the ering away for a couple of days, and presto, it comes back bigger than ever. :lol: Glad your beautiful halo is working for you so far... :)

Farleysmom said:
LOVE LOVE LOVE this. WOW! Gorgeous. It looks fabulous with your e-ring and your stack makes me swoon. I'm so :mrgreen: but in a good way. Did I say I loved this? :love: :love: :love:

Thanks Farleysmom. Means a lot from you. Your sets are so gorgeous and blingy!! Your super stacks are some of my favorites on PS!!

AprilBaby said:
Yummy stack! Your new ring is gorgeous!!!!
Hi AprilBaby, thanks!! Stacking is blingy, fun and casual. :) I'm loving it more and more.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is gorgeous! I love all your stackers!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wowowow! Congrats!!!

Live the milgraining on it! Lovely combinations for that carre!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thanks LLJsmom! I think the Carre band would play up my e-ring nicely (I'd wear the carre band on my right hand though). Thanks so much for posting the details, I'll send him an email. Are you in the SF Bay area as well? I've only been to the San Mateo show once, probably 5 years ago. I always forget about it but darn, I wish I would have gone to the last one!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
all I can say is: WOW!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet_blossom, tyty333, dk168, gregchang35, Laila619, Jereni, Tekate, JaneSmith, Gemmy123, thank you all for your kind words and enjoying the pics. Stacking is so fun. I love the winking lights. It's like a whole series of moving glass mirrors. :lickout:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new band is stunning! I love it stacked with some of the others but I like it with just your ering too! Beautiful choice - your lovely collection is growing!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!!!! Beautiful - I have always drooled at carre cuts in both coloured stone bands and diamond bands and yours is no exception!!!! Congrats.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome stack!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love it! :love: :love: :love: A milgrain carre or french cut band is definitely on my wish list! Your rings are all gorgeous!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscher_girl|1385861570|3565378 said:
Aww, thanks LLJsmom! I think the Carre band would play up my e-ring nicely (I'd wear the carre band on my right hand though). Thanks so much for posting the details, I'll send him an email. Are you in the SF Bay area as well? I've only been to the San Mateo show once, probably 5 years ago. I always forget about it but darn, I wish I would have gone to the last one!

Asscher girl, good or bad, I'm telling you anyway. Tomorrow is the last day of the jewelry expo. It's at the San Mateo expo center. Maybe you can make it? I know Jeff will still be there... :Up_to_something: I will probably go back one more day, gotta admit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results